Will Mike Bell be moved down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mike Bell be moved down?

Will Running Back Mike Bell be moved down the depth chart?? Remember when Quentin fumbled and then Rueben started and then Reuben fumbled then Tatum started...

I hope not gotta remember it's his first NFL game in his life hopefully even if they do move him down he can show up big next time and change things up..

p.s. Lovin the Cason picture.. i saw him today at practice noone can catch **** around him lol..

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
      Will Running Back Mike Bell be moved down the depth chart?? Remember when Quentin fumbled and then Rueben started and then Reuben fumbled then Tatum started...
      I dont think so, yet. The fumble wasnt a huge mistake on his part, the d got a helmet on the ball, he did get his ass chewed by shanny for it though.
      But imo, we're going to see M.Bell for another game at least. Ron Dayne sure didnt do anything to take over #1, in fact Dayne might be pressed by Cobbs after tonight.

People will say Tatum should be #1 at this point, but I think that Shanny wants Tatum as a change of pace, home run hitter. He wants a more complete back to be #1, hence MBell over Dayne over Cobbs.

Comment

I hope so; I want to see what Tatum can do against a 1st-team defense.
        I really think Shanny should give Tatum a chance.

Comment

I think in shannys mind no one is the starter right now, but the fumble hurt

I still think him and tatum will fight for the starting job.
          Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 08-12-2006, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I think M. Bell goes to #2 for the fumble and TBell moves up. Shanny will not tolerate fumbles. This way we can see Tater against #1's and M.Bell will hopefully get more reps. to redeem himself.

Comment

I think Tatum looked more like the #1 back for the Broncos than Mike.

Mike hits the hole with a lot of speed, but Tatum got his 5 YPC, I think he deserves his shot at being the #1 back. Why not bring in Mike Bell as the change of pace back?

I don't think we lose either way, but I'd rather see Tatum get the first crack this year.
              RIP D-Will you'll be missed

Comment

If anything, I think starting Mike Bell in the preseason may actually hurt his progress. The starters were in there for what, one series? Mike Bell needs more reps against opposing defenses, not one series and a ride next to the watercooler.

If anything, I hope they promote Tatum (not because he's necessarily better) because he does have the most experience in our offense. It will let Mike see the field longer and get more comfortable. How much sense would it make for Cutler to play with the first string for one series and then sit while Jake plays two quarters? Same thing, both are rookies who need reps.

Comment

Mike Bell is a very intriguing back and has a lot of potential to do well in our system - however - I.M.O. the starting running back job is Tatum's to lose....

I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                    If anything, I think starting Mike Bell in the preseason may actually hurt his progress. The starters were in there for what, one series? Mike Bell needs more reps against opposing defenses, not one series and a ride next to the watercooler.

If anything, I hope they promote Tatum (not because he's necessarily better) because he does have the most experience in our offense. It will let Mike see the field longer and get more comfortable. How much sense would it make for Cutler to play with the first string for one series and then sit while Jake plays two quarters? Same thing, both are rookies who need reps.
                    Mike was in for a couple of series, and once he was replaced at running back they put him on kick returns for a bit. Also, the first team plays more each game in preseason so the next game wont just be one series, it might be a quarter. The next a half, and the last one probably 3 quarters. Thats how they usually work it.

Comment

No way, Mike Bell will still be starting next week too. Im sure that they were trying to give him more carries, but our offence just wasnt on the field very much during the begining of the game. Plus we had four running backs that needed time, i think in the games to come we will see mostly Mike and Tatum competing for the 1st string.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBroncos84
                        Mike was in for a couple of series, and once he was replaced at running back they put him on kick returns for a bit. Also, the first team plays more each game in preseason so the next game wont just be one series, it might be a quarter. The next a half, and the last one probably 3 quarters. Thats how they usually work it.

The first team usually doesn't play the last game. At least not in Denver. Also I don't think they are going to play more then a quarter and some of the first time might play a half. They need to let the others in to see what they can do.
                        President Cool

Comment

At the end of the game yesterday, Shanahan said Clinton portis was proned to fumble and I recall him fumbling twice against the bears his rookie pre-season.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
                            I wasn't pleased with any of our backs. They looked average at best. I think rb is the Broncos weakest position.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118
                              I wasn't pleased with any of our backs. They looked average at best. I think rb is the Broncos weakest position.
                              lol, i think its ur strongest position.....broncos defense was not very good but then again it was week1 preseason so..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X