Will Mike Bell be moved down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam
    Besides the fumble i saw alot of great things from Mike Bell. He runs extremely aggresive and hard, he also makes alot of great reads in the hole. He will be a solid back in this league.
    Yeah i can really see whay they mean when people talk about his vision.
    After the game they had a little piece on Mike, where the film would stop and pause, and show you where the hole was, and he was right there to run through it.

Comment

Mike Bell all through training camp has shown he is the best back that the Broncos have. He has shown vision, toughness, speed, the ability to catch out of the backfield.

Now he is a free-agent rookie that has a lot to learn about the NFL. What running back does not. One pre-season game does not mean that Mike Bell should be moved down and it is my opinion that he should still start at running back.

Tatum is also showing some great moves and some strength in trying to get the extra yards. He will need to press and keep working to get to the #1 spot, it really depends on how much he wants it.

If Bell fumbles again, I think he will be demoted. If he can hang on to the football and maybe break a large run in the open field then he probably will hang on to the starting job.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Saying Mike Bell is going to be moved down after last nights game is like saying Jay is going to be moved up.

Its one game. If Shanahan would make a move after one game, the first one at that, then that would be pretty shallow of him as a coach.

He has been doing this long enough to know M. Bell can do it and will probably keep him at #1 for another week and see what happens.

Comment

Agree but,

Originally posted by Hartley
          Yeah i can really see whay they mean when people talk about his vision.
          After the game they had a little piece on Mike, where the film would stop and pause, and show you where the hole was, and he was right there to run through it.

Did anyone notice that once Mike Bell cut and got through the hole, he seemed a bit committed to his momentum at times and unable to adjust into the second level where he needs to have his feet under him. He sort of leans forward leaving his feet behind.

Great upside. Hope he can work on this, but Tater has the edge in my opinion.

I think this was a Shanny experiment for various productive reasons.
          Last edited by JED Bronco; 08-12-2006, 08:35 PM. Reason: Grammer / Sp
          This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
            Will Running Back Mike Bell be moved down the depth chart?? Remember when Quentin fumbled and then Rueben started and then Reuben fumbled then Tatum started...
            I don't think that Mike will be the starter by the start of the season. I was looking at the depth chart and Mike is slated as the starting kick returner and backup punt returner. Why would Shanahan put our starting tailback in a position where he is most likley to get hurt?

I still think the job is Tatum's, and Shanahan only did this to see his reaction and Tatum's reaction was perfect. He is going to practice and play like he is the starter just like a normal #1 back would.

Comment

Still to early to say who's going to be our starting halfback come September 10th. I feel even by then we won't have a solid starting halfback. Personally I'm unimpressed with all of our running backs and I think we could take a drastic turn for the worse in 2006-07 when it comes to moving the ball on the ground.

Go ahead and flame me, but you know damn well if any other team took an undrafted rookie that no one heard of and turned him into their starting runningback by week 1 of the preseason you'd be thinking they were pretty desperate too.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Duke
                Still to early to say who's going to be our starting halfback come September 10th. I feel even by then we won't have a solid starting halfback. Personally I'm unimpressed with all of our running backs and I think we could take a drastic turn for the worse in 2006-07 when it comes to moving the ball on the ground.

Go ahead and flame me, but you know damn well if any other team took an undrafted rookie that no one heard of and turned him into their starting runningback by week 1 of the preseason you'd be thinking they were pretty desperate too.
                Well said Duke!

Hoping to find a suitable rb out of the 4 rbs we have is like tying to complete the hail mary.

Were living on a prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                  I don't think that Mike will be the starter by the start of the season. I was looking at the depth chart and Mike is slated as the starting kick returner and backup punt returner. Why would Shanahan put our starting tailback in a position where he is most likley to get hurt?

I still think the job is Tatum's, and Shanahan only did this to see his reaction and Tatum's reaction was perfect. He is going to practice and play like he is the starter just like a normal #1 back would.
                  He is taking kickoffs because he is still auditioning for a roster spot, period. Even though he is listed first at RB. If he winst the starting RB job, he will likely not return kicks/punts.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful
                    Saying Mike Bell is going to be moved down after last nights game is like saying Jay is going to be moved up.

It's a different situation.

Mike Bell as the starter, didn't look great, and had a costly fumble.

Jake Plummer as the starter, didn't do anything bad, his backup just played great.

I thought TBell looked good, and was easily the best back in Denver against Detroit. I do think MBell will continue to be given oppurtunity because he's deserved it.

I think Mike will stay #1 for now, but TBell will be #1 come opening weekened.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Duke

Other unheard of running backs that stuck into the starting role because we were desperate:
                      Terrel Davis
                      Orlandis Gary
                      Mike Anderson
                      Reuben Droughns

Somehow, I suspect that we'll be okay. Shanahan and co. know what sort of backs work in their system and seem to be able to find these guys year in and year out. When was the last time we didn't have a thousand yard rusher?

Just because we don't have some big name guy that you recognize (yet), doesn't mean that whoever gets the majority of the reps this year (and maybe even the #2 guy) won't be another thousand yard Bronco. Relax.

Comment

Mike who????Tatum will be our guy,in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                        X