Cobbs looked good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobbs looked good

I am going back and rewatching the game today.

Cobbs really looked good out there. I know it is hard to know for sure, since he was playing against the 3rd string defesnse, but also behind the 3rd string line.

However, he was the only back that consistantly broke or powered through tackles. In almost every run, he got yards after first contact, in severla cases 3+ yards after initial contact.

One game is not enough to tell anything, but he looks much better than he apparently did in camp. Reggie Rivers even commented on that. He said he has been watching him in camp, and he just looked ok, now with live bulletts, he looks real good.

His runs were:

Some said he looked a bit winded. He might have been, that was 11 carries in under 10 minutes, which would be a pace of around 66 carries for a game. He was heavily used in the last 10 minutes of the game.

I am looking forward to see how he does next week.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Originally posted by tnedator
    I am going back and rewatching the game today.

Cobbs really looked good out there. I know it is hard to know for sure, since he was playing against the 3rd string defesnse, but also behind the 3rd string line.

However, he was the only back that consistantly broke or powered through tackles. In almost every run, he got yards after first contact, in severla cases 3+ yards after initial contact.

One game is not enough to tell anything, but he looks much better than he apparently did in camp. Reggie Rivers even commented on that. He said he has been watching him in camp, and he just looked ok, now with live bulletts, he looks real good.

His runs were:

Some said he looked a bit winded. He might have been, that was 11 carries in under 10 minutes, which would be a pace of around 66 carries for a game. He was heavily used in the last 10 minutes of the game.

I am looking forward to see how he does next week.
    Thats why i would not look too much into his performace. I personally think all the RBs should have the opportunity to run behind the 1st string line so they can really prove themselves.

Comment

I agree. He suprized me after what I have from TC.

I was thinking about making a thread about it, glad you did

Its harder to judge running backs in practice compared to live game action.....he looked better than Dayne imo.
      sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarJ
        I agree. He suprized me after what I have from TC.

I was thinking about making a thread about it, glad you did

Its harder to judge running backs in practice compared to live game action.....he looked better than Dayne imo.
        Since he's my adopted Bronco, I am obligated to give him props when he does something good, not to mention the fact he is from Little Rock. Even so, I will say that I was impressed with his first outing. Since he has had virtually no live-game experience in the NFL, it is really hard to know what we have in Cobbs.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Rather than start a new thread.

Watching the inside training camp show on NFL Network, Cobbs just had a real nice goal line run. Ball on the 2, he was hit and wrapped up by a linemen while on the three (behind the line), but he just dragged the linemen and moved the pile and scored.

sigpic

Comment

I saw that. Damien Nash had a nice run as well. Looked very quick.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
              I saw that. Damien Nash had a nice run as well. Looked very quick.
              Assuming Nash is 29? If he is, he had several nice runs near the center of the field. He seemed to get past the line of scrimmage very quick.

sigpic

Comment

Didn't get to catch Cobbs...I only saw highlights. Good to hear that we have some depth

Comment

It doesn't matter what Cobbs did. According to what it looks like right now, he won't even be making the team.

Comment

Rather than start a new thread.

Watching the inside training camp show on NFL Network, Cobbs just had a real nice goal line run. Ball on the 2, he was hit and wrapped up by a linemen while on the three (behind the line), but he just dragged the linemen and moved the pile and scored.
                    When I started reading this thread, I was going to comment on that goal line TD as well. It looked like a good power run to me and was happy that he got in. Good stuff Cobbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos72690
                      It doesn't matter what Cobbs did. According to what it looks like right now, he won't even be making the team.
                      We'll see. Right now I would give Cobbs just less than an even money chance of passing Dayne on the depth chart.

sigpic

Comment

Assuming Nash is 29? If he is, he had several nice runs near the center of the field. He seemed to get past the line of scrimmage very quick.
                        Yep. I had to look him up on the DC just to verify that it was Nash. He looks like he hits the hole very quick and runs with alot of power.

Comment

I liked what I saw out of Cobbs as well. He hit the hole hard, and hit the defenders hard as well. He hits the holes pretty quick and can shack off some tacklers. GO COBBS!
                          Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                          GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                          #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                          #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                          #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                          #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                          Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Maybe Cobbs will really pour it on the next few weeks? God knows that he has all of the physical attributes needed to be a fine RB. If he can put it all together.......wow.

Comment

Working...
                            X