Jay Cutler Play by Play breakdown: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    After watching Jay throw the ball "on a rope" many times and then seeing him put some touch on the ball in the endzone to Kircus was very impressive. The "rope" reminded me of John Elway. The touch reminded me of Joe Montana. Both QB's are a good camp to be in.

So it sounds like you are becoming a believer!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crush05
      So it sounds like you are becoming a believer!!!!!!
      I always thought Cutler was a good QB. I just did not see any reason to use him this year unless Jake was hurt.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
        I always thought Cutler was a good QB. I just did not see any reason to use him this year unless Jake was hurt.
        I still don't see any reason to use him in more than spot duty unless Jake is hurt. I sure feel more confident with him as the backup than having BVP all last season. If needed he could come in and play well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          I guess some can't have a thread about praising Jay's play... without trying to find a way to praise Jake. But,good job on keeping the thread on topic.

I really wish I could have seen the play myself... but I feel tnedator would be fair about giving the criticisms as well, and to be honest (going by the title of the thread) was expecting quite a bit. Obviously pre-season doesn't mean anything, but the good reports in pre-season is much better than the alternative (for some).
          I've got the game taped on my Tivo, what Tned is saying isn't overhyping in the least. Cutler looked very poised. There is no doubt the kid can throw a pass with touch.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

So... honest question....

Did anyone else notice that he threw off his back foot a number of times? They ended up being good throws, and completions... but isn't that a habit we'd like him to get out of?

Or am I making it up?

Don't get me wrong... I was very impressed, and I look forward to seeing more... especially in '07 or '08
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

Did anyone else notice that he threw off his back foot a number of times? They ended up being good throws, and completions... but isn't that a habit we'd like him to get out of?

Or am I making it up?

Don't get me wrong... I was very impressed, and I look forward to seeing more... especially in '07 or '08
              I can recall at least one time but I'll have watch again to make sure.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The thread title is misleading and insulting. It should be called:

Jay Cutler Play by Play breakdown: The Good, the Great, and the Superhuman
                Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

Or am I making it up?

I've now looked a large portion of his throws fromt he first half. I even put them on slow mo. He didn't throw off his back foot, what I did see that only needs about half-a-step forward on his front foot before he makes a throw.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    I've now looked a large portion of his throws fromt he first half. I even put them on slow mo. He didn't throw off his back foot, what I did see that only needs about half-a-step forward on his front foot before he makes a throw.
                    I agree. I started looking for that towards the end of the game as I was breaking it down, and meant to mention it, but forgot.

I had heard a knock on him was throwing from his back foot. While I didn't track it every play, I can't say that he never did, but it would have been very few times.

I agree, it is deceptive. At first glance, if watching live, it almost looks like he is, but what he does is take a short step forward and fire the ball very quickly, but not off his back foot.

While I am by no means even close to a QB expert, his fundamentals appeared very sound to me.
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X