14 teams into The Playoffs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 teams into The Playoffs??

I read about theis but I don't know for sure... someone can tell me what is happening? The Team will Vote or something Like that??

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Possibly will not happen.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Bad idea and it won't happen. I like the system how it is now. You have to work to get into the playoffs, not just be around .500 or 7-9.

They also will not change overtime. I always thought it would be fair to give both teams 1 possesion and then sudden death after that. So at least if you lose the toss and the other team scores, you have a chance to tie or win.
      Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
        Bad idea and it won't happen. I like the system how it is now. You have to work to get into the playoffs, not just be around .500 or 7-9.

They also will not change overtime. I always thought it would be fair to give both teams 1 possesion and then sudden death after that. So at least if you lose the toss and the other team scores, you have a chance to tie or win.

Lamar is just trying to help the Chargers out so they can make a playoff game every 2 years.
        [QUOTE]
        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
          Lamar is just trying to help the Chargers out so they can make a playoff game every 2 years.
          even though they wont, because if the chiefs and broncos continue to play like they do, and the chargers go 4-12 again...NO CHANCE, that would be nice though because then the top 2 of the division would go in so like the past 10 years we woulda made the playoffs
          sigpic

Comment

Bwahahaha. Classic
            Now theres what they should be spending the time voting on.

Comment

There's just a brief mention of expanding the playoff format at he bottom of this article:

www.dailycamera.com/bdc/broncos/article/0,1713,BDC_2453_2766389,00.html

A proposal to add two playoff teams — bringing the number to 14 — has been rejected by the competition committee and is likely to be withdrawn before it even comes to a vote. The Kansas City Chiefs submitted the proposal earlier in the off-season.
              There's also some stuff about Replay and Overtime.
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

if by "lamar" you mean vermiel and by "chargers" you mean chiefs then yep you're right. chiefs are the ones that promoted the idea. management must not have high hopes for next year eh?

i like the idea fine. it's only 2 more teams, so it's not like bad teams will be getting a free pass. it's just more playoffs. sounds good to me.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

14 teams is way too many - this is the NFL, not the NBA, NHL, or MLS where around 2/3 of the teams make the playoffs. If you want a shot at the postseason, you gotta win in the regular season - simple as that. As a fan, sure it would be nice to have two extra playoff games every year, but 8-8 or 7-9 teams have no place playing for the Lombardi trophy.

Comment

^^cool another guy from houston^^ LOL

Comment

8-8 or 7-9 teams have no place playing for the Lombardi trophy.
                      Thats right folks. Thats why the NFL is the best league out there. Sure the fan gets to see more games, but at what expence?

Comment

The problem is that with the new divisional alignments, you could have a team win their division with a 9-7 record and be in the playoffs. While a team in a better division finishes with a 11-5 record and misses the playoffs. This type of scenario has already almost happened with the AFC north last year.

The reason there is talk about expanding the playoffs is because they don't want a good team not getting in while a average team does.

Comment

Originally posted by brocknoviach
                          The problem is that with the new divisional alignments, you could have a team win their division with a 9-7 record and be in the playoffs. While a team in a better division finishes with a 11-5 record and misses the playoffs. This type of scenario has already almost happened with the AFC north last year.

The reason there is talk about expanding the playoffs is because they don't want a good team not getting in while a average team does.
                          That's always been a danger. Off top of my head, didn't we finish 10-6 or 11-5 in about 85, yet the Browns qualified as division champs at 8-8 or 9-7?
                          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Right, there has always been a chance that could happen. But with 4 division winners the chances of that are increased.

I really don't see a problem with adding one more team to each conference playoffs.

Comment

WRONG!!!! Your boy is just sick of losing so early in the playoffs, so he figures adding another wildcard game will give his team a chance to get 1 more win before he has to play a team with a winning record......phew....and all in 1 sentence....
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X