Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Talk Radio About Cutler's Preformance.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    I agree. If we handle Cutler the way Pitt handled Big Ben, then yes he could be a solid first year QB. BUT....our offense has been in "safe mode" for a couple of years now, and I for one would like to see us open things up a bit. If Jay did start, I wanna see what he can do without being "babied" the way Jake has been. That goes for Plummer this year too. If he starts, then open up the flood gates and get this offense moving! I'm not sure if Jay could handle everything this early, but he does look good.
    I'm not sure where people come up with things like 'safe mode'. The Broncos threw deep as much as most other teams, and did it with fewer weapons at receiver.

    They had to play a lot of two tight-end sets, because they don't have one solid one. There was no third and fourth quality wide receiver to line up wide and 'open' things up.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by tnedator
      I'm not sure where people come up with things like 'safe mode'. The Broncos threw deep as much as most other teams, and did it with fewer weapons at receiver.

      They had to play a lot of two tight-end sets, because they don't have one solid one. There was no third and fourth quality wide receiver to line up wide and 'open' things up.

      Tned I honestly don't think so. Every td that Lelie had the year before last was from outside the red zone. Also we played alot of two TE sets two years ago as well and we were in the situation with our depth that we were year.
      John 11: 25-27

      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



      Thanks Snk16

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by TXBRONC
        Tned I honestly don't think so. Every td that Lelie had the year before last was from outside the red zone. Also we played alot of two TE sets two years ago as well and we were in the situation with our depth that we were year.
        Two years ago, we attempted to use a third wide, in Watts and a couple others. Last year, we pretty much gave up on it.

        Also, whether it was for pass protection or whatever, we ran a ton of two tight end, two RB or both and generally only had two, and in some cases one, WR on the field.

        It also could have to do with having a less dynamic/older running back and using the extra tight end/lead blocker to help get the rushing yards.

        I really don't know. What I do know is that Plummer threw deep on par with most other QB's in the league, which runs contrary to the 'safe mode' offense.

        As I have said a bunch of times, now that we have more weapons at WR (hopefully Marshall is back soon), we will see how this season looks.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #64
          On Mike and Mike this morning, Golic gushed about Cutler a couple times. One time referring to him as poised and looking like he had been back there for a long time (as in not looking like a Rookie).
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by BroncoBro024
            I def agree. People are still caugth up with the Plummer 2-3 years ago when he was a mistake machine. Last year he had only 7 INTs and an impressive 60.7 completion %.

            Yeah, but in the most important time...He turns into his normal mistake machine self. I think last regular season was a fluke if anything. I got to watch him for 6-7 years here, and for awhile I thought he had changed even though he looked like his normal self. Then when we went to the playoffs I realised some things never change. Plummer is one of those things.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

            Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

            Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Elway=Goat
              Yeah, but in the most important time...He turns into his normal mistake machine self. I think last regular season was a fluke if anything. I got to watch him for 6-7 years here, and for awhile I thought he had changed even though he looked like his normal self. Then when we went to the playoffs I realised some things never change. Plummer is one of those things.
              People often see what they want, or expect, to see.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by tnedator
                People often see what they want, or expect, to see.
                I see reality, not some fantasy on how Jake is going to lead us to the superbowl. If everyone looked at reality, more Bronco fans would realise as muchas I dont like to say it. QB's like Jake dont win superbowls if they are lucky enough to get there. Its the pocket passing, good vison, good decision making QB's. Not ones who take the kind of risks Plummer does. It just dosent happen.

                Name me one QB, who takes the kind of risks/stupid decision Plummer makes week in and week and goes on to win a superbowl. It dosent happen.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Elway=Goat
                  I see reality, not some fantasy on how Jake is going to lead us to the superbowl. If everyone looked at reality, more Bronco fans would realise as muchas I dont like to say it. QB's like Jake dont win superbowls if they are lucky enough to get there. Its the pocket passing, good vison, good decision making QB's. Not ones who take the kind of risks Plummer does. It just dosent happen.

                  Name me one QB, who takes the kind of risks/stupid decision Plummer makes week in and week and goes on to win a superbowl. It dosent happen.
                  The original Snake Ken Stabler took alot risks. He finished his career with more ints than tds if I remember correctly, yet he still has Super Bowl ring.
                  John 11: 25-27

                  My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                  Thanks Snk16

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X