• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cybsnke
    do ya feel safe with larry......
    Simply put: No.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by JOE ELWAY
      I Think Coyer Has Always Had People Doubting Him, Remember The First Game Of The Season Last Year We Got Beat By The Dolphins And Everyone Wanted Coyers Head .
      There Are Times I Am Very Frustrated With The Way The Defense Is Ran But Thats Just My Opinion On Things.
      Coyer Is One Of Many Denver Coaches And Bowlen Must Think He Is Worth Keeping Around, Cuz He Is Still Here.
      Last Season 13-3 And Our Defense Won Alot Of Those Games For Us, Its Only Pre Season So Things Will Get Better And I Am Looking Forward To Warren Being Set Free To Cause Havoc On Qbs. Go Broncos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I THINK SHANAHAN AND SUNDQUIST ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE THE DECISION, NOT BOWLEN. I THINK BOWLEN IS MORE KEY IN SELECTING A HEAD COACH ALONGSIDE THE GM.

sigpic

1. Death
      2. Taxes

Comment

Originally posted by broncos162680
        Our D has been good under Coyer so far. Until he gives me a reason not to trust his schemes then I am on his side
        Yes your on the mark his defenses in the playoffs are good. So far his defenses set some QB records for the other teams.

Well perhaps not records but I'd sure like to have gimmies like that for our QB's.

Comment

Well, I'm worried about Coyer, BUT...

Every year we get burned in the playoffs we find something defensivly to key on, like turnovers last year, and we get better. So, all the players and coaches have been saying that we are keying on pass rush, sacks, and third downs. So, maybe there is hope.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos162680
            Our D has been good under Coyer so far. Until he gives me a reason not to trust his schemes then I am on his side
            Are you watching the same games I am?

sigpic

1. Death
            2. Taxes

Comment

I have less confidence in coyer than mtnt man has in Jake.

Comment

D-line is a problem

We need a pass rusher or two fo sho without a pass rusher the Defense is good but not great our defense good be great if the d-line could get to the QB. Teams just can't afford to let QBs set in the pocket and do whatever they feel like doing and thats what happens when we face a good team in the playoffs. I also blame the coaching staff as well because for sum reason i feel like we were out coach, out worked and we were not prepared mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Supreme
                  I was never really a fan of the way Coyer runs our defense scheme, don’t get me wrong he did a great job last year, but I feel our defense can be so much more deadly. We have the guys to be one of the top 5 defense in my opinion (yes its my opinion), I feel if we return to our base defense this year and hide the all out blitz a little better , still send the all out blitz just not as much as we did, I feel we will be killers this year.

GO BRONCOS
                  Our ability to Blitz this pre season still looks like it sucks. I don't know how the o line manages to bottle everyone up on each other long enough for the screen or hot receiver to be wide open.
                  There is some confusion with the way things are working as my only explenation. Delayed blitzs kind of work when there is a fluke and all the receivers are covered allowing enough time for the free defender to get in and make the play. I can only explain this as confusion on who is going to break through and who is going to engage a lineman and hold/push them back.
                  This Warren talk about letting him loose more often (until he got hurt) might need to happen more especially on the blitz since he should be strong and fast enough to get through the bottle neck.

Time will tell if Coyer can get it done this year PASS RUSH. Right now slightly worried. Face it we need to get over teams like the Colts, Sttlers, Pnathers and KC that have good O lines/QB that can't sit back there all day and throw at will.

Comment

No I don't really feel all that comfortable with Coyer's defensive schemes. I think he is very slow to adjust and doesn't give the players enough credit for being able to pin their ears back and get after it. He just seems like a one trick pony to me.

What has me more concerned than Coyer is the health of Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown. We need those two guys to be healthy this year, and both are out right now. That could be a HUGE issue for us this year because we have little depth on the defensive line.

Comment

coyer is not an nfl dc and thats that

he doesnt know how to position his db's (see afc champ game). He doesnt know how to devise proper blitz schemes. he doesnt know how to adjust in game tiem let alone lunch time. And he doesnt know how to prepare for teams we face

I wish we had a Dc that prepared for games and had the mentality that Heimerdinger does
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Hey LC, I thought you said you were going to stop!

Is anyone ticked off at the fact that Larry Coyer once again called his trademark blitz- the noticable stack the line all out blitz.. we gave up a touchdown to that... I believe he said he wasnt going to call those anymore in the offseason!

Comment

Coyer is a T U R D. What do you expect?

Comment

Well it was one game. I am sure if he is planning on something different, why show it in the first pre-season game.

The Defensive package put in for the game against the Lions could have been a base package just like Detroits was a base package. Thing is, our base package looks like we are bringing the house on every play.

Comment

He never said he wasn't going to call it ever again, just that we were going to blitz less this season. But hopefully that play showed him that it doesn't work anymore, we looked like fools on that play!!

Comment

Originally posted by poothainl
                                We need a pass rusher or two fo sho without a pass rusher the Defense is good but not great our defense good be great if the d-line could get to the QB. Teams just can't afford to let QBs set in the pocket and do whatever they feel like doing and thats what happens when we face a good team in the playoffs. I also blame the coaching staff as well because for sum reason i feel like we were out coach, out worked and we were not prepared mentally.
                                yes i agree i wish we had a rulon jones or a alfred williams on the team.t.pryce was bangged up.his back was a problem for us.the times i seen champ get burned i think 75% of it was because no push on the QB or the pocket.
                                elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X