Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is any1 else REALLY worried about the QB position?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is any1 else REALLY worried about the QB position?

    jake is a great starter for us.

    BUT i am really worried about our back - up. it seems that all the decent vets are gone from FA. (i hoped kordell would of signed). i don't think beurlein, jarious or quinn can cut it.

    i like danny k as a 3rd stringer but NOT back-up.

    also, the trouble with drafting a QB is that we will not draft 1 until at least the 3rd round (bigger needs at other positions) which means its unlikely to be a good QB AND its a rookie (lack of exp. and knowledge of system/playbook)

    if jake goes down who will come in to win us the game??????

    btw - jon kitna was the ONLY QB to take 100% of snaps last year.

  • #2
    i dont know what happened to kordell stewart....

    Comment


    • #3
      im worried too but im sure shanny will find someone. plus we dont need a great vet to be our back-up.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd like to see Kordell backing jake this year. I'm not a big fan of Kordell but i think he'd be a big improvement over what we have. He can handle the boot legs and alot of short passing, but all in all jake doesn't get hurt and we don't have to worry about it.

        Comment


        • #5
          We need to sign a veteran QB for Backup. (2nd String) I don't see any rookie coming in and win games for us shoudl Plummer get hurt. It is nice to draft someone like Dinwiddie and make him a thrid string and have him learn the system but NO ROOKIE should be a starter let alone a 2nd string QB.


          Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bokyong
            We need to sign a veteran QB for Backup. (2nd String) I don't see any rookie coming in and win games for us shoudl Plummer get hurt. It is nice to draft someone like Dinwiddie and make him a thrid string and have him learn the system but NO ROOKIE should be a starter let alone a 2nd string QB.
            what veteren do you have in mind?

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't know but I can guarantee one thing a Rookie will not do too well in a brand new system if jake goes down. I just hope we get a decent veteran backup that can put up numbers


              Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bokyong
                Don't know but I can guarantee one thing a Rookie will not do too well in a brand new system if jake goes down. I just hope we get a decent veteran backup that can put up numbers
                Agreed...NO rookie QB this year is going to be capable of doing that..someone like the Shane Matthews band?
                fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is Flutie still playing?

                  I like Flutie's fire as a backup!! Mobile and motivated to win a SB.
                  This is the NFL!!

                  Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



                  Go Broncos!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is Flutie still playing?

                    Originally posted by JED Bronco
                    I like Flutie's fire as a backup!! Mobile and motivated to win a SB.
                    sorry, the Colts aren't interested in Flutie . . .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Shanahan will wait until after the June 1st cuts there is a good possibility that a solid veteran will be available there is a rumor that Danny Kannel will be let go from the Bengals and he would make a great backup
                      sigpic WHEC-724

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nickmeyer
                        I think Shanahan will wait until after the June 1st cuts there is a good possibility that a solid veteran will be available there is a rumor that Danny Kannel will be let go from the Bengals and he would make a great backup

                        I need to stop drinking Danny Kanel I mean John Kitna good god I am Drunk
                        sigpic WHEC-724

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Kitna would be great except for money. Lets hope that he takes the Garrison Hearst approach and plays for little money with a chance at the superbowl. Backup QB IMO needs addressing more than any position I think. IF Plummer goes down we are in serious trouble. We have no depth at QB, we found out last year that we can't put all our eggs in one basket. Had Plummer not been hurt last year I think we would have contended for the division with KC.

                          Lets just hope we can add a veteran backup QB before the season starts.


                          Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If Troupe is gone by the time our pick in the first rolls around, I'd like to see us pick up J.P. Losman out of Tulane if he's on the board. He reminds me of Plummer sooooo much, and I think he'd be one of the few QB's in the draft that could play right away if we needed him to.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bokyong
                              Kitna would be great except for money. Lets hope that he takes the Garrison Hearst approach and plays for little money with a chance at the superbowl. Backup QB IMO needs addressing more than any position I think. IF Plummer goes down we are in serious trouble. We have no depth at QB, we found out last year that we can't put all our eggs in one basket. Had Plummer not been hurt last year I think we would have contended for the division with KC.

                              Lets just hope we can add a veteran backup QB before the season starts.
                              I don't think Cincy will release Kitna since they need insurance for the golden boy . . . why they named Palmer the starter I have no idea . . . Kitna did very well for the Bengals last year . . .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X