Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is any1 else REALLY worried about the QB position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickmeyer
    Blake is close to what Plummer is just not as althletic but close he would be a great fit at #2
    Blake is also a lot older and less accurate but he dose have a stronger arm

Comment

Originally posted by Physbo
      Blake is also a lot older and less accurate but he dose have a stronger arm
      Yeah I would feel pretty comfortable with Blake behind Plummer allot more than I would with old man Buerlin
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

they should have let steve retire last year. Blake is less accurate but he is a veteran and they could sign him for next to nothing. I mean who else is knockin on his door offering him a deal.
        Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

THe

problem with Blake is that he is NOT very accurate. He can throw the deep rainbow pass... but his in-the-pocket passing is horrible.

Comment

Re: THe

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            problem with Blake is that he is NOT very accurate. He can throw the deep rainbow pass... but his in-the-pocket passing is horrible.
            Granted but can you think of a nother veteran that your gonna find cheaper that is actually that much better. Kordell Stewart's best days were in 97-98. He's done now. People figured him out and he's just not as fast as he used to be. I would take Blake over Kordell anyday.
            Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Re: THe

That is exactly what people said about Plummer but both can scramble and find the open target and with Lelie and Rod they can almosy catch anything
              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

I don't know

I Never have been impressed with either QB... but Blake has NEVER had success in the NFL (one a lil with Cincy, but he started hot and died by 3/4 way through season). At least Kordell HAS had some success. He did come off the bench and beat us last year. I don't wish for him to EVER start, but I think Kordell coming off the bench is the better option OVER Blake (not so sure over other QBs that might come available later).

Comment

Re: Re: THe

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                  That is exactly what people said about Plummer but both can scramble and find the open target and with Lelie and Rod they can almosy catch anything
                  and you can't beat the price tag that you would get him at
                  Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Re: I don't know

I Never have been impressed with either QB... but Blake has NEVER had success in the NFL (one a lil with Cincy, but he started hot and died by 3/4 way through season). At least Kordell HAS had some success. He did come off the bench and beat us last year. I don't wish for him to EVER start, but I think Kordell coming off the bench is the better option OVER Blake (not so sure over other QBs that might come available later).
                    Yeah I am not sure either all I know is that we need a second option and we do not have that in any of the QB's here at the moment
                    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Re: Re: Re: THe

Originally posted by rich5368
                      and you can't beat the price tag that you would get him at
                      That is very true. We need to address this I am even thinking we might draft one but am not sure that would fix the problem
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Kordell's problem was that he had 50 too many offensive coordinators. He never really got a chance to get comfortable with one set system.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                          Kordell's problem was that he had 50 too many offensive coordinators. He never really got a chance to get comfortable with one set system.
                          Another true statment, I just wish the season would start already so some of these ??? marks can be answered
                          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            ok I agree with you to a point. But you have to be able to deal with that when you're in the nfl. If we bring him to denver and jake goes down and kordell gets bood off the field are we going to say that it's because he never got a chance to learn the system? Noo we're gonna bash him like we did Griese and say that we never should have signed him. Much like we never should have signed Kannel
                            Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rich5368
                              ok I agree with you to a point. But you have to be able to deal with that when you're in the nfl. If we bring him to denver and jake goes down and kordell gets bood off the field are we going to say that it's because he never got a chance to learn the system? Noo we're gonna bash him like we did Griese and say that we never should have signed him. Much like we never should have signed Kannel
                              Or brought Burlien back
                              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

another excellent point
                                Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X