Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the first broncos game you ever remember watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowspot66
    replied
    95 when the Broncos went 8-8. A guy on the team then was from my home town and a good friend of my uncles so the Broncos games were usually on to see how things were going but nobody was really hardcore about football at that time. But I started getting into it and understanding the rules around game 15 or 16.

I picked a good time to hop on for the ride. I still hold a grudge against the Jaguars and Brunell. My favorite memory was all the trash talking students and teachers alike did the year of XXXII. One team after another fell and they all got shut up.

Leave a comment:

• gobroncsnv
    replied
    Only pro game I got to GO to was in 73 (or so), in San Diego Stadium, John Unitas' last year. Neither team was any good, but the Chargers ended up winning. I remember people yelling to put in Fouts.
    I started taking an interest in the Broncos when Elway was drafted, and became a true fan when I left Cal, moved to Colorado in LATE 94, was there for the Super Bowls. Haven't found (and am not looking for) any reason to switch. Was great being in Colo during the Super Bowl wins. Think I'm gonna stick with this team as my favorite, at least as long as they have the brains to keep Shanny.

Leave a comment:

• jpark31
    replied
    Super Bowl vs Cowboys...we had just found out we were moving to Denver from Philly and I knew I had found my new team...I was 10...

Now I live in Dallas and I still don't like the Cowboys...my son is turning 9 and is a huge fan and for his birthday I am doing something I swore I would never do...going to a Cowboys game when they aren't playing the Broncos...
    Last edited by jpark31; 08-14-2006, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick7
    replied
    The first game.....

I was 4 yrs, old at the time. I remember being all bundled up and having to wear the purple socks I always hated because they were so fuzzy. It was with my Grandpa and Dad, shortly after we moved to Denver.

Anyway, it was the '96 game against the Seahawks. It was December 1st, and I believe the final score was 34-7, in our favor. I slept through almost the whole thing, though.

I remember my dad talking about how we just kicked their ass, and he felt the season was too good to be true. That turned out to be pretty prophetic...

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemac730
    replied
    fist broncos game

The first ever broncos game I remember watching was the drive. I was 6 years old the rest is history, GO BRONCOS XLI

Leave a comment:

• TDMiller2
    replied
    I understand what you mean....

Originally posted by B-Love
    Until 1973, home games were blacked out in every teams home market, no matter if the game was sold out or not.

So that is the reason there are so many Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas, etc fans around the country. People don't realize this, but that is why those teams have such loyal fan bases around the country.

I lived in New York my whole life and in 1971 and 1972, the Jets and Giants were both bad. Plus the only games you got to see on TV were their road games, where they almost always lost. So if you were a kid in NY Metro back then, you did not want to be a fan of the Jets or Giants.

As I grew up near New York City, all of my buddies were Vikings or Cowboys or Dolphins fans, etc. Because when the Jets or Giants were blacked out, you'd get the Nationally televised game, which always featured the best teams of the early 70's.

Denver started to get alot of attention in 76-77, and they were on alot at 4PM ET back here. Became an orange and blue junkie before the age of 10.
    Growing up in TX, I never got to see the Broncos until they made the playoffs in 77. I was 9 years old and everyone was going for Dallas, but I wanted the Broncos to win, because our youth football team had the same mascot and I loved Orange Crush Soda......

I couldn't stand Pittsburg and Oakland, they were so cocky in games and watching Denver in the playoffs beat both of them was sooooo.....sweet.

Even though they lost to Dallas in the Superbowl, I new then they would be my team. The following seasons, we continued to get a lot of the late east coast games, unless Houston was playing late. We didn't get very many Bronco games until Elway came along. I was glad he did, because when he played, everyone wanted to broadcast the Broncos games. Iv'e been hooked ever since.....
    Last edited by TDMiller2; 08-14-2006, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B-Love
    replied
    Until 1973, home games were blacked out in every teams home market, no matter if the game was sold out or not.

So that is the reason there are so many Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas, etc fans around the country. People don't realize this, but that is why those teams have such loyal fan bases around the country.

I lived in New York my whole life and in 1971 and 1972, the Jets and Giants were both bad. Plus the only games you got to see on TV were their road games, where they almost always lost. So if you were a kid in NY Metro back then, you did not want to be a fan of the Jets or Giants.

As I grew up near New York City, all of my buddies were Vikings or Cowboys or Dolphins fans, etc. Because when the Jets or Giants were blacked out, you'd get the Nationally televised game, which always featured the best teams of the early 70's.

Denver started to get alot of attention in 76-77, and they were on alot at 4PM ET back here. Became an orange and blue junkie before the age of 10.

Leave a comment:

• B-Love
    replied
    My first Broncos game I remember watching here in New York was the 1971 week 4 home game against Oakland.

Floyd Little took a screen pass from Don Horn and almost went 80 yards for a TD. Jim Turner kicked 3 FG's in the first half and Denver led 9-3 at the half. But Oakland won 27-16.

The game looked beautiful on TV. The sky was blue, the grass was green and Denver was wearing those kickass orange pants. For some reason Lou Saban had Denver wear white jersies with orange pants at home in 1971.

I was 6 years old and hooked.

Leave a comment:

• B-Love
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    1977 Denver at home against the Buffalo Bills. Denver won the game 7-0. It was the start of a beautiful relationship.
    The Broncos beat St Louis on opening day 7-0, and beat the Bills two weeks later 26-6.

Which one was it?? Just curious. I wish I could have gone to those games back then.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosfan713
    replied
    The playoff game against Jacksonville, where we lost. I just remember my mom crying and saying next year, o baby yes next year!

Leave a comment:

• 4th Amigo
    replied
    Even though I was a fan previous to this, one of my earliest memories of the Broncos is the SB loss to the Giants in '86. I remember crying!!

God those were some painful years to be a Bronco Fan!!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_girl47
    replied
    I don't remember any specific game, but I do remember when we played the Raiders. My Dad would sit in the basement and my mom would sit upstairs because my mom is a nasty old Raiders fan (I'm kidding, I still love her ) Anyway, my brother and I would run up and down the stairs to either tell mom that the Raiders were losing or tell my Dad that the Broncos were losing. Our mom would buy these huge bags of candy and bribe us to say that the Broncos sucked. That was way before I really cared either way, so it didn't matter.

But, my best footall memory was the first time I actually went to a football game, I don't remember the dat, but I know we played KC. I have the ticket somewhere, but I dont feel like searching for it right now. But it was at old Mile High and my Dad took just me. We had a great time and I think the Broncos won!

Leave a comment:

• Elway=Goat
    replied
    I was raised a Bronco fan, first memory I was 3. So 1988. I dont remember the game, or who they were playing. It was a Monday night game...Elway took off running and got slammed into the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• chiliD
    replied
    Wow...it was so long ago, I can't remember the year, but it was against the Chargers and, if I recall correctly, Pete Liske was quarterback. It was a game that WR Marlin Briscoe had to play QB because of injuries.

Also, I recall that the Chargers main players were John Hadl, Lance Alworth & Dic kie Post.

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    2003 MNF against the Raiders. I didnt even know how to play football but I just loved the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X