Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the first broncos game you ever remember watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the first broncos game you ever remember watching?

I guess this is relevent mostly for those who grew up liking the broncos when they were little.

My first broncos memory: I first started liking the broncos when I was 6 years old. I also liked the flintstones when I was 6. Their old logo had a D on it, so I started calling them the Denver Dinos.

The first game I can ever remember watching is the superbowl against the redskins in '87. I don't remember much except we ordered little caesars pizza.

The first game I remember was the Superbowl against the 9ers and also going to a game against the Bears. I spent my entire lunch recess making a GO Broncos sign with markers and poster board just before we left home to drive up to denver. I don't remember the year but I was in 2nd grade or something.

I remember watching the highlights of the game that night. Elway threw a pass to the endzone and while the camera quickly panned through the air following the ball you could see my sign in the crowd. I thought it was coolest thing ever.

The most I remember and it doesn't matter when or my age but I always remember my mom and dad yelling and cheering at the tv while we watched the Broncos play. My dad loved and hated Elway. When I was 8, I didn't understand the relationship but as soon as I knew the concept I was doing the exact same thing. Yelling at the TV and loving and hating the broncos. Ohh man good times. I keep yelling hoping one day the tv will respond and Shanny will tell me to shut up. But until then I'll be yelling.

Comment

superbowl against the 49ers...
      sigpic

Comment

The drive.....I was born during it.
        "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

i became a bronco fan during the 96' season. I rememeber watching highlights, maybe on sportscenter not sure, and seeing Terrell Davis run all over the Baltimore ravens for 200 yards I remember saying to myself (that guy is amazing). That led me to finding out how amazing the rest of that team was.
          Blet

Comment

the super bowl against the packers when we won. i know it sounds kind of like a bandwagoner but it's really the first football game i remeber watching ever. because before that my parents never liked watching football that much but the rest of my family was into it so that night we watched the super bowl and i've been addicted pretty much ever since.
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

While I don't remember much of the game itself, I went to the Oilers-Broncos Divisional game in 1992, when I was a little over 3 years old. I remember the stadium and being really confused about what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gul Cratt
                While I don't remember much of the game itself, I went to the Oilers-Broncos Divisional game in 1992, when I was a little over 3 years old. I remember the stadium and being really confused about what was going on.

I remember watching that game- The Drive II? Right?

Comment

I became a Fan in 1996 , When i saw Terrell Davis Run all over defenses. I wanted to be like him.

Comment

1977 Denver at home against the Buffalo Bills. Denver won the game 7-0. It was the start of a beautiful relationship.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The first Bronco game I can truely remember trying to pay attention to was the 1977 Superbowl vs. the Cowboys. I was in 1st grade.

I've been paying attention ever since...

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectDSM

The most I remember and it doesn't matter when or my age but I always remember my mom and dad yelling and cheering at the tv while we watched the Broncos play. My dad loved and hated Elway. When I was 8, I didn't understand the relationship but as soon as I knew the concept I was doing the exact same thing. Yelling at the TV and loving and hating the broncos. Ohh man good times. I keep yelling hoping one day the tv will respond and Shanny will tell me to shut up. But until then I'll be yelling.

That is the part I love best about football and sports in general. The fact that both of my parents lived and died by events unfolding on Sunday afternoons. Yelling at a television and expecting some kind of results. Instilling that in me from a kid and then me passing that on to my children. Developing that relationship through a deep passion for something is one of the most wonderful things my parents ever did for me. For me it was the Giants, and Phil Simms, Harry Carson, Lawrence Taylor, Julius Peppers, Dave Meggett, Mark Bavaro, Phil McConkey, and so many other players that got burned ....and also made some of the greatest plays that I have ever seen. ( Quite a few Broncos too. HAHAHA).

Comment

The Superbowl vs. the cowboys....I was 9,,,,,,and I picked the broncos, and my 11 year old brother picked the Cowboys......have stuck with them ever since.....
                          My 3 favorite teams:
                          1.The Denver Broncos
                          2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                          3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

2003 MNF against the Raiders. I didnt even know how to play football but I just loved the Broncos.
                            MMA News
                            MMA News 247

Comment

Wow...it was so long ago, I can't remember the year, but it was against the Chargers and, if I recall correctly, Pete Liske was quarterback. It was a game that WR Marlin Briscoe had to play QB because of injuries.

Also, I recall that the Chargers main players were John Hadl, Lance Alworth & Dic kie Post.

Comment

Working...
                              X