Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Performer of Week 1 of the preseason from S.I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Performer of Week 1 of the preseason from S.I.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...morning/3.html

Best performer of Week 1 of the preseason: Denver rookie quarterback Jay Cutler, whose 16-of-22, 192-yard performance with one TD, no picks and no sacks made Mike Shanahan's trade up in the first round begin to look very smart.

His QB Rating 114.2
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 08-14-2006, 12:43 PM.

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

That's a no brainer. Bruce Gradkowski had a good first game as well, but Cutler stole the show. I want to see him against the first team D of the Titans though. I wanna see if he can sneak one by Keith Bulluck....

Comment

cutler

i think he looked great all of his passes were thrown hard and looked good ...watching him in the pocket he did remind me of the great elway on how he got the ball out of the back field a hard as he can... after as good as he looked i still dont think he should play this year

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
        That's a no brainer. Bruce Gradkowski had a good first game as well, but Cutler stole the show. I want to see him against the first team D of the Titans though. I wanna see if he can sneak one by Keith Bulluck....
        He will beat the Titans! He has something to prove!

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Even if Jay wanted to be a Titan, he couldn't have asked for a better HC than Mike Shanahan. I don't think Jay has anything to prove to the Titans, but I think he wants to prove to everyone that he was THE best QB in the draft. Over the course of the next few years, he will.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
            Even if Jay wanted to be a Titan, he couldn't have asked for a better HC than Mike Shanahan. I don't think Jay has anything to prove to the Titans, but I think he wants to prove to everyone that he was THE best QB in the draft. Over the course of the next few years, he will.
            I agree. I think Denver is the best fit. I have met Jay. He told me before the combine that he was positive that the Titans would draft him. He said he also wanted to compete against Vince and Matt.

I have watched Jay for over four years. I work at Vanderbilt. I know how special he is now maybe the rest of the world can see for themselves.

Jay would not trade Denver for the Titans for anything now. He likes it in Denver.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan

Best performer of Week 1 of the preseason: Denver rookie quarterback Jay Cutler, whose 16-of-22, 192-yard performance with one TD, no picks and no sacks made Mike Shanahan's trade up in the first round begin to look very smart.

His QB Rating 114.2
              Just to keep things fair, earlier on that same page he listed the following in front of those same stats:

"Perhaps Meaningless Preseason Stat Line of the Week"

Combine the two and what do you get? It was a very good start but keep in mind that it's preseason. There's no reason not to be encouraged but the proper perspective is still needed.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to seeing him play again next week. It sure will suck that we will hardly see him again for a year once the season starts.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Im sure he'll be leading the broncos to a superbowl win in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                  Just to keep things fair, earlier on that same page he listed the following in front of those same stats:

"Perhaps Meaningless Preseason Stat Line of the Week"

Combine the two and what do you get? It was a very good start but keep in mind that it's preseason. There's no reason not to be encouraged but the proper perspective is still needed.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to seeing him play again next week. It sure will suck that we will hardly see him again for a year once the season starts.

I am not sure that he won't play some this year. Maybe in mop up games.

Jake looked good for sure.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

True, but man, he did do great.

It is good to keep things in perspective, but he really did impress. I think his rapport with all the receivers helped that. Man, what a connection with Scheffler...

Glad that people didn't freak about Reggie Bush too much. Yeah, he had a great 44 yard run, but for the rest of his runs he had 3 ypc. Overall a good performance though, but obviously Cutler stole the show...
                    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

I am not sure that he won't play some this year. Maybe in mop up games.

Jake looked good for sure.
                      Unfortunately, Shanny doesn't have his QBs throw much in mop-up situations. It's all about ball security and killing the clock, and that means a ton of runs. Now if we clinch homefield advantage early then he and the other reserves might actually see some actual gameplans. Otherwise, we won't see Cutler throwing much during the regular season.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                        Glad that people didn't freak about Reggie Bush too much. Yeah, he had a great 44 yard run, but for the rest of his runs he had 3 ypc. Overall a good performance though, but obviously Cutler stole the show...

Yeah, he looked like Tatum Bush to me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                          Yeah, he looked like Tatum Bush to me.

Dude I think Tatum Bush is going to be rookie of the year

Comment

His QB Rating 114.2
                            I like you man, always around preaching the Gospel o' Jay...

Keep up the good work!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                            X