Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rod Smith does not deserve to be in the HOF....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Smith does not deserve to be in the HOF....

based on the fact he was undrafted!

Am I missing something here? I don't get the argument that Rod is a HOF'er because he was undrafted. Let's look at the main reasons why people go undrafted..

1) Didn't perform well in college.
    2) Scouts underestimated his ability.
    3) Played at a small school

Why would any of these 3 things qualify you for a HOF career. That to me indicates that getting drafted high is a knock on someone. Any HOF'er should be judged on their NFL career... not what they did in college or what scouts said.

I love Rod, I hope he goes to the Hall... a couple more seasons like last year and I say he will be in.... but this argument is weak. Neat stat, but not a HOF credential.
    sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Get the **** out of here.

Comment

Am I missing something here? I think you're trying to make a sarcastic statement about scouting or draft position or something but I'm not getting it. Did someone else say something that prompted this thread maybe?

Comment

Are you a raider fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps

Am I missing something here? I don't get the argument that Rod is a HOF'er because he was undrafted. Let's look at the main reasons why people go undrafted..

Why would any of these 3 things qualify you for a HOF career. That to me indicates that getting drafted high is a knock on someone. Any HOF'er should be judged on their NFL career... not what they did in college or what scouts said.

I love Rod, I hope he goes to the Hall... a couple more seasons like last year and I say he will be in.... but this argument is weak. Neat stat, but not a HOF credential.
          You do not have to be drafted to get in the HoF, you have to play football for the NFL.

Rod has broken many many records and could break some more, depending on how long he wants to play.

While hes not guaranteed a spot in Canton, hes definately a candidate.

Comment

If there was ever a time for neg CP, this is one of them...although I won't say I endorse it...
            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Well, it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The "3 things" you said were based on College. While I don't think Rod should be a Hall of Fame candidate because he was undrafted, I also don't think that should keep him out of the Hall.

Comment

Ummm... He didn't say Rod didn't deserve to be in the Hall. He said Rod didn't deserve to be in the Hall just because he went undrafted.

Comment

a couple more seasons and he'll be one of the rare receivers to hit some pretty substantial marks. It DOES matter that he was undrafted....because no OTHER undrafted WR has reached the benchmarks that Rod has. Thats like a kid walking off the street, and having numbers comparible to NFL 'well-knowns.'

All football players are judged on their accomplishments on the field. But Rod's accomplishments ON the field have surpassed some highly drafted talent..that has to be considered as "extraodinary" because it is. You don't find undrafted talent make the impact in the NFL that Rod has.

Comment

It sounds like you think he may deserve to go, but you have a problem with someone's argument that he should go even more so based on the fact that he was undrafted. Right?

You better explain, and make it quick. With a thread title like that there may be a knock at your door and/or a lightning bolt striking near you in 3.... 2.... 1....

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumBronco
                      Get the **** out of here.
                      Chill out. He said that Rod didn't need to be in it because of the fact that he was undrafted, AND he clearly stated that he thinks Rod needs to be in because of his performance. Chill and read a little more carefully before you have a heart attack.

Comment

Your post is definitely not clear. Do you think Rod should be in the HOF, or do you think Rod should not be in the HOF?

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Starting the thread title to read something like "my thoughts on Rod going into the HOF" might have stirred less controversy......

Anyway, his undrafted status does merit some recognition for him making it into the hall. That alone is quite impressive when paired with his accomplishments up to this point in his career...

Comment

I posted a thread about what current players on the Broncos roster have a shot to be in the H.O.F. and I DID mention that based on the fact that Rod Smith went undrafted and put up the #'s he has that this will be the kicker on his induction into the hall....

So call me out man - it's cool - my argument has 100 times more wieght than yours....

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...4&postcount=19
                            I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Ok I got this from another thread.

Originally posted by WABronco

"Rod Smith had a typical Rod Smith year, which is to say that he excelled all over the board. He had top 11 SYPA (Success rate times YPA) at every depth level (short, medium, deep) and a top 5 success percentage. He is probably one of the top 5-10 most consistent receivers in football, yet you'll almost never hear his named mentioned as one of the greats. He is quietly putting together a Hall of Fame worthy career. He might not be there quite yet but he only needs 203 receptions to top 1,000. If he gets to 1,000, he should be a lock."
                              But, THAT'S the reason Rod will be in the HOF. Soo I mean, this is a rather pointless thread if you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X