No announcement yet.

Best QB ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What also strikes me as odd about the numerous polls on this BB is that the BEST answer never seems to be on the list.

As everyone knows, the ultimate task of the quarterback is to win the Championship. Everything else is simply a means toward that goal.

Thus, Otto Graham would have to be the best QB ever. He played 10 seasons (never missing a single game) and led his team to the Championship game all 10 seasons, winning it all 7 times.

When you come up with someone who can beat that, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
      Elway was the best QB ever.
      Montana and Marino are tied for second
      Farve is third.
      Not to be a nitpicker but this is an illogical statement. Mathematically, it doesn't add up.

If you name FOUR guys, how can the lowest one be THIRD???

Your list revised to be logical...

1)Elway

2)Montana

2)Marino

4)Favre

BTW, I don't agree.

Comment

Have to go with Joe Montana.Absolutely, the last QB I wanted to see with the ball in his hands, having to drive down the field to score, and win the game.All time QB rating of 92.3 vs Elway 79.9, and 63.2 % completion vs Elway56.9%, but stats aren,t the whole picture.How many Super Bowl wins in a career impresses me.I have seen so many outstanding QB,s with dynamite teams choke in the play offs or in THE Super Bowl.Nothing wrong with Elway for the home vote, but I am not a Denver fan, and definitely wasn,t a 49ers fan, so my vote is a little more impartial.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall26
          You should have a none of the above, considering you did not have Starr, Dawson, Bradshaw or Kelly on the list.
          ... as well as Baugh, Graham, Luckman, Layne and I'm sure we're still leaving a few out.

Comment

but..

"As everyone knows, the ultimate task of the quarterback is to win the Championship. Everything else is simply a means toward that goal."

By that logic, ANY Player is only judged by how many championships they won, despite their position.. since the goal for ALLL players is to win the Super Bowl.
            Why not the most yardage thrown? Why not the most wins in a career? Why not the most games played? Why not the most winning seasons?

By this logic, you are saying guys like Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson are BETTER than QBs like:

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, and any of the other great QBs that never won a SB... that doesn't hold up.

If allllll else is equal, who would YOU want standing behing your center calling your plays? Pick the player you feel is the BEST at playing the QB position.

(Emmit might have the most yardage, but that doesn't make him the best runner to ever play the game).

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
              We have to be honest here guys. I'm going to be unbiased here and say Montana. I think Elway is a very very very close second. This is a tough decision. But in all the years I watched the two play AGAINST each other, Montana beat Elway more than the other way around.

The two of them though, are the best I've ever witness play. I used to hate Montana, because he played for SF and then he went to KC...yikes. But the guy was phenominal. You can't deny that.
              Yes Tanna was good, but was his SF team more talented than Elways? He had three HOFers, and 26 pro-bowlers. Elway had one HOFer......himself, and 7 pro-bowlers in the same span. If you really want to give a guy credit that had hardly any help, one HOFer, and 3 probowlers.........Dan Fouts is your man.
              ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Re: but..

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                "As everyone knows, the ultimate task of the quarterback is to win the Championship. Everything else is simply a means toward that goal."

By that logic, ANY Player is only judged by how many championships they won, despite their position.. since the goal for ALLL players is to win the Super Bowl.
                Why not the most yardage thrown? Why not the most wins in a career? Why not the most games played? Why not the most winning seasons?

By this logic, you are saying guys like Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson are BETTER than QBs like:

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, and any of the other great QBs that never won a SB... that doesn't hold up.

If allllll else is equal, who would YOU want standing behing your center calling your plays? Pick the player you feel is the BEST at playing the QB position.

(Emmit might have the most yardage, but that doesn't make him the best runner to ever play the game).
                Now this was wrote with a man with a brain! God I wish more people had the ability to open their eyes and see ahead. I knew it wouldnt take long before you came back with the answer of the year Rav!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Corndog
                  Have to go with Joe Montana.Absolutely, the last QB I wanted to see with the ball in his hands, having to drive down the field to score, and win the game.All time QB rating of 92.3 vs Elway 79.9, and 63.2 % completion vs Elway56.9%, but stats aren,t the whole picture.How many Super Bowl wins in a career impresses me.I have seen so many outstanding QB,s with dynamite teams choke in the play offs or in THE Super Bowl.Nothing wrong with Elway for the home vote, but I am not a Denver fan, and definitely wasn,t a 49ers fan, so my vote is a little more impartial.
                  Did you forget the three Elway took them to that were lost? (5) It wasnt the punter that got them there?

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Re: but..

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

OK!!! That's YOUR opinion but you are going to have to explain that to Bill Walsh and Don Shula, two people who have MADE that exact statement.

Let me know how far you get with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aardwolf
                      What also strikes me as odd about the numerous polls on this BB is that the BEST answer never seems to be on the list.

As everyone knows, the ultimate task of the quarterback is to win the Championship. Everything else is simply a means toward that goal.

Thus, Otto Graham would have to be the best QB ever. He played 10 seasons (never missing a single game) and led his team to the Championship game all 10 seasons, winning it all 7 times.

When you come up with someone who can beat that, let me know.

HA, HA. I leave for a few months to lick my wound from the Colts game & upon my return I read this dog poop from pseudo-fan Aardwolf. (Which I will now shorten to "chump" for everybody’s convenience.)

Hey Chump, who is it you have pulled out of the NFL history books to prop up as you "all-time" favorite player? Otto Graham. Very classy. Now crawl back to your hole & buy a TV so you can watch a few modern NFL games.

Comment

Originally posted by WinFirst
                        HA, HA. I leave for a few months to lick my wound from the Colts game & upon my return I read this dog poop from pseudo-fan Aardwolf. (Which I will now shorten to "chump" for everybody’s convenience.)

Hey Chump, who is it you have pulled out of the NFL history books to prop up as you "all-time" favorite player? Otto Graham. Very classy. Now crawl back to your hole & buy a TV so you can watch a few modern NFL games.
                        Enemy in site........FIRE!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wncbronxx
                          Enemy in site........FIRE!
                          Sorry about that. This guy is just a world class moron & I just couldn't help it. I will relax now.

Comment

Originally posted by WinFirst
                            Sorry about that. This guy is just a world class moron & I just couldn't help it. I will relax now.
                            No keep it up, Im having a ball watching wolfnipples piss everyone off.

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

aadvark...

"OK!!! That's YOUR opinion but you are going to have to explain that to Bill Walsh and Don Shula, two people who have MADE that exact statement.

Let me know how far you get with them.

Oh really? So you think Walsh and Shula will agree that Mark Rypien is better than Dan Marino? *looking at you funny*... I doubt it.

But you didn't answer the question that was posed to you. If alllllll else was equal... WHAT QB would you wish to have behind your center playing for you? Which person do YOU feel has played the position BETTER than anyone else?

Comment

wncbronxx

Thank you for the vote of confidence and rise to my EGO!! *laughs*.... Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X