Dayne Knows He's On The Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhns
    College is anything but relative when talking about how good a player will be in the pros. There are a ton of super college athletes that couldn't do anything in the pros and there are also a ton of guys that did nothing in college that have shined brightly in the NFL. I would say it isn't relative at all.
    What I meant was, college players are at a particular level, and typically they improve to the NFL level.

Comment

Originally posted by WI Fan
      That's just it, he ran in 2 systems, NY had Tiki Barber as the starter and Dayne was the compliment, much like Mike and Tatum last year. Dayne had basically (2) 700 yd seasons as a backup, behind an inconsistant Kerry Collins and Barber that had 1000 and 865 yard seasons. Now, to come in to his first year at Denver last year and take over duties from one Mike Anderson, would have been and was almost impossible. Oh yeah, and Denver's running game, is a heck of a lot better than those years I quoted by the Giants.

All I am saying is, it would have been interesting to see Dayne as the starter. There is something to be said for a 245lber running the ball versus someone 30lbs lighter. Defensive lines would have maybe had a tougher time. The only problem he had is he didn't...get off his butt and win the job! Oh well, just a thought.
      It was good for him to get out of NY. Their running style was totally unlike Wisconsin's. As for the Broncos running style, pretty darn similar to the broncos.

I hope he can do some good things over the next two preseason games. Go Broncos!

Comment

Just say "no" to Dayne

From what I've seen so far, I'll be sorely dissappointed if we keep Dayne over either Bell, Cobbs, or Nash. I think all of these guys have out played him and have done more with the reps they were given.

Right now there are two knocks against Dayne:

1) When given the opportunity, he hasn't run hard or with passion. He still doesn't use his 240+ lbs effectively which is extremely frustrating to me.

2) He's been hurt and missed a game and several practices. Normally, this is just standard procedure for the NFL and no big deal especially if you are the established starter, but when you are competing for a job in the pre-season you have to compete or you just won't make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
          From what I've seen so far, I'll be sorely dissappointed if we keep Dayne over either Bell, Cobbs, or Nash. I think all of these guys have out played him and have done more with the reps they were given.

Right now there are two knocks against Dayne:

1) When given the opportunity, he hasn't run hard or with passion. He still doesn't use his 240+ lbs effectively which is extremely frustrating to me.

2) He's been hurt and missed a game and several practices. Normally, this is just standard procedure for the NFL and no big deal especially if you are the established starter, but when you are competing for a job in the pre-season you have to compete or you just won't make the team.

That's just it Dayne was given the inside track by Shanahan before offseason training began and then when started he didn't play well and now missed all that practice time. Dayne could still make the roster but right now I think he's very close to being cut. If he survives the first round of cuts he might make it.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
          X