Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cris Collinsworth blurb on Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cris Collinsworth blurb on Cutler (Merged)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9619407

Five teams that can make the playoffs with their backup, and a few that may even be better off

Broncos -- Jay Cutler: In the midst of the pre-draft Vince Young vs. Matt Leinart debate, there was a small group claiming that Cutler was the best quarterback in the draft. After watching tape of Cutler in the preseason, you can now count me among that group. He has a rocket arm, great accuracy and poise in the pocket you rarely see from a rookie. Jake Plummer, who had one of his best years last year, will, and should, be the Broncos' starter this year, but Cutler is more than capable of leading them to the playoffs should Jake stumble.

~~~~~~~~

thoughts?
    Last edited by bhmfje80; 08-25-2006, 05:31 PM.

Originally posted by bhmfje80

Five teams that can make the playoffs with their backup, and a few that may even be better off

Broncos -- Jay Cutler: In the midst of the pre-draft Vince Young vs. Matt Leinart debate, there was a small group claiming that Cutler was the best quarterback in the draft. After watching tape of Cutler in the preseason, you can now count me among that group. He has a rocket arm, great accuracy and poise in the pocket you rarely see from a rookie. Jake Plummer, who had one of his best years last year, will, and should, be the Broncos' starter this year, but Cutler is more than capable of leading them to the playoffs should Jake stumble.

~~~~~~~~

thoughts?
    Except it wasnt Phil Simms. If you had read the top of the article and seen the prominent image of Chris Collinsworth and "By Chris Collinsworth" you would see that Phil Simms had nothing to do with that article.

Comment

yeah caught that. that's one of the disadvantages of being a human being, i guess

Comment

I think he says it right. Jake will be the starter this year... but if something happens to Jake we aren't going to fall in the toilet like so many here would like to believe. We aren't going to go 1-15 or 0-16... or lose every game the "rookie" happens to play. He's plenty capable of running the offense.

If Jake goes down.. I feel MUCHMUCH more confident with Cutler coming in than I have in several years with our back-ups.

Comment

~~~~~~~~

thoughts?
          I share his view on this. Plummer is definitely the starter this season. And Cutler finally gives us a backup QB that I feel positive about. No offense to BVP.

I like that Collinsworth isn't making any of those predictions that Cutler will take the starting job this season, though. Of course he didn't mention next season which might be a different story.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

~~~~~~~~

thoughts?
            He's right...

Jay can (and will IMO) lead the team THIS year to the playoffs.

:thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

How many rookie QBs have ever won a super bowl? I don't like those odds. Let's give him time.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                How many rookie QBs have ever won a super bowl? I don't like those odds. Let's give him time.
                How many Super Bowls has Plummer won?

Experience is a poor arguement for not starting a player. You get experience only by playing.

Besides, I'm giving him time...

I don't want him to start until week 3... :thumb:
                sigpic

Comment

Cutler Complemented on NFL.com

Hey, not sure if anyone has read this or posted it here on the forums but have a read:
                  2. Broncos -- Jay Cutler: In the midst of the pre-draft Vince Young vs. Matt Leinart debate, there was a small group claiming that Cutler was the best quarterback in the draft. After watching tape of Cutler in the preseason, you can now count me among that group. He has a rocket arm, great accuracy and poise in the pocket you rarely see from a rookie. Jake Plummer, who had one of his best years last year, will, and should, be the Broncos' starter this year, but Cutler is more than capable of leading them to the playoffs should Jake stumble.

Here's the whole link to check out the whole article.
                  I just thought it hallarious that the other two rookies: leinart and young weren't mentioned lol!
                  :paper:
                  sigpic

Comment

nice find! cutler continues to draw praise from professional analysts. . . . i agree completely that he shows great poise for a rookie-- this kid has all the tools, and i'm truly looking forward to watching him lead our offense for years to come. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Jeez, the Colts, Pats, and Redskins are totally screwed if there are injuries to their starting QB's...

It's nice to see the positive info on Cutler, but I think things may get a little rougher once he starts seeing more complicated Defense in the regular season. i hope he doesn't have to this year...

The good thing is that he has a solid D to practice against, which will only accelerate his progress...
                      Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

I've always wondered this: how did Matt Cassel get drafted if he never played much in college? That has always stumped me.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                        - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco
                          Hey, not sure if anyone has read this or posted it here on the forums but have a read:
                          2. Broncos -- Jay Cutler: In the midst of the pre-draft Vince Young vs. Matt Leinart debate, there was a small group claiming that Cutler was the best quarterback in the draft. After watching tape of Cutler in the preseason, you can now count me among that group. He has a rocket arm, great accuracy and poise in the pocket you rarely see from a rookie. Jake Plummer, who had one of his best years last year, will, and should, be the Broncos' starter this year, but Cutler is more than capable of leading them to the playoffs should Jake stumble.

Here's the whole link to check out the whole article.
                          I just thought it hallarious that the other two rookies: leinart and young weren't mentioned lol!
                          :paper:
                          Jay continues to prove that was indeed the best QB in the draft last year.

He's still got some learning to do, but he clearly looks ready to lead the Broncos.
                          sigpic

Comment

thoughts?
                            My thoughts are...

HELL YES!!! :thumb:

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                            I think he says it right. Jake will be the starter this year... but if something happens to Jake we aren't going to fall in the toilet like so many here would like to believe. We aren't going to go 1-15 or 0-16... or lose every game the "rookie" happens to play. He's plenty capable of running the offense.

If Jake goes down.. I feel MUCHMUCH more confident with Cutler coming in than I have in several years with our back-ups.
                            Like we would have last year if Jake had to sit and watch a while...

I am so glad we didn't have to rely on BVP last season...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                              My thoughts are...

HELL YES!!! :thumb:

Like we would have last year if Jake had to sit and watch a while...

I am so glad we didn't have to rely on BVP last season...

Amen Brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X