Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cris Collinsworth blurb on Cutler (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    How many Super Bowls has Plummer won?

Experience is a poor arguement for not starting a player. You get experience only by playing.

Besides, I'm giving him time...

I don't want him to start until week 3... :thumb:

Damn man what drugs are you smoking? because its strong stuff...............

Shanny would be downright Stupid to start Jay this year..........yes even at week 3
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      How many Super Bowls has Plummer won?

Experience is a poor arguement for not starting a player. You get experience only by playing.

Besides, I'm giving him time...

I don't want him to start until week 3... :thumb:

And comparing Jake to all rookie QBs is a statistically invalid comparison. There's been a helluva lot more rookie QBs than there have been "Jake's". I know you went to a poor high school (according to you), but couldn't you share an abacus with another student?

An even worse argument for starting a player is based on potential and not performance.

Again, you always seem to forget that Elway didn't win a Superbowl, until he won a Superbowl, you know, when he was 4-5 years older than Jake. You're the king of faulty logic.

Let me help you out with a little education concerning logic, in the words of Tony Robbins: The past does NOT equal the future. Elway is all the proof you need.

Since I have now educated you on logic, you no longer need to resort to making illogical posts, or if you do, it is because of you choosing ignorance.

But I do think Jay will start sometime this season...After the Jake-led Broncos wrap up home field advantage and is rested the last game of the season.

Concerning your "3rd week" statement:
      This post was brought to you by Chicken-in-a-Basket. Cluck Cluck.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
        And comparing Jake to all rookie QBs is a statistically invalid comparison. There's been a helluva lot more rookie QBs than there have been "Jake's". I know you went to a poor high school (according to you), but couldn't you share an abacus with another student?

An even worse argument for starting a player is based on potential and not performance.

Again, you always seem to forget that Elway didn't win a Superbowl, until he won a Superbowl, you know, when he was 4-5 years older than Jake. You're the king of faulty logic.

Let me help you out with a little education concerning logic, in the words of Tony Robbins: The past does NOT equal the future. Elway is all the proof you need.

Since I have now educated you on logic, you no longer need to resort to making illogical posts, or if you do, it is because of you choosing ignorance.

But I do think Jay will start sometime this season...After the Jake-led Broncos wrap up home field advantage and is rested the last game of the season.

Concerning your "3rd week" statement:
        This post was brought to you by Chicken-in-a-Basket. Cluck Cluck.
        Congratulations on receiving the "Most Arrogant Post of the Year" award...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Its good to see many of our players finally getting recognition around the league. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
            LV what do you mean by preformance?
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
              LV what do you mean by performance?
              -- --

Was that a "dig" at Jake... cause in some circles it could be seen as such...

-- --

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                -- --

-- --

No not at all. I'm asking because I think its way to easy to set up a catch-22. Does LV mean games or does he mean practice?
                Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-27-2006, 09:06 AM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                  -- --

-- --
                  To me, it means Jake has won and lost games for the Broncos. 32-11 as a starter in his time here, pretty damn impressive. Of course, he's 1-3 in the playoffs too, but point is while he has been here, he's been the most productive (and a pretty damn good) QB since Elway and has been a valuable asset to the Broncos recent playoff births.

Jay on the other hand has been picking on first teamers from top 10 pick teams and backups from them.

Basically, Jake has done well when he was here and even mtmman can say he has atleast done decent in the regular season. Jay has yet to play a game that matters. Production (for better or for worse) vs. Potential.

Jay will be good one day but many teams do not have a good QB (merely a passable/journeyman QB) that can get them places in front of coveted rookies. Jake can get us places and we all believe and have different reasons why the Broncos have been held back during Jake's tenure in the playoffs, but that's a different arguement altogether. There is no need to rush potential when there is someone that has shown pretty damn decent production.
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Firstwave64
                    Damn man what drugs are you smoking? because its strong stuff...............

Shanny would be downright Stupid to start Jay this year..........yes even at week 3
                    Shanny has already came out and said, if he had to start a rookie QB, he'd be most comfortable with the guy he has now. He even compared the team to the steelers of two years ago when they brought big ben in to start as a rookie when they needed too.
                    Evidently shanny doesnt feel the same as you do.

Comment

So, give it to me straight..

The anticipation is killing me....Does anyone think Cutler will get past the first round of cuts????

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                        The anticipation is killing me....Does anyone think Cutler will get past the first round of cuts????

He's on the bubble.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                        X