X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by sneakers
    I hope everyone makes the cut. I know that isn't possible, but I hope those who do catch on with another team.
    Hopefully. Nash is hurt and won't play in this game, but Dayne is supposed to be back. If he has a good showing, hopefully the three (Nash, Dayne and Cobbs) will all hang around at least through the next game to get a chance to prove themselves.

Leave a comment:

• MN-Broncofreak
    replied
    Originally posted by AvsFan26
    ya i guess you guys are right that dayne isnt really a proven power back, so my guess is that were keeping M. Bell, Nash, and Cobbs and trading away Tatum. just because of recent history, shanny is going to try and ship t. bell off to indy or the jets. my hope is that we could either get another third/second round pick for him.
    I highly doubt that Bell is traded, at least this year. Tatum will have his opportunities to make the most of during games, and is the best 3rd down back in the league. If he has a similar season to last year and remains unhappy at the end of the season, then a trade might be a possibility...

Leave a comment:

• MN-Broncofreak
    replied
    Originally posted by RBDynasty
    Except Damien Nash is the player in question. Try reading the topic some... it might actually help out.

Back on track.... I really don't see Nash more than a pratice squad player at this point. What a lot of people fail to see was that he ran well against mostly 3rd/4th/5th teamers. Against the 1st teamers, he'd probably be running for negative yards and people would be booing him off the team.
    That is true, but we also had our 3rd/4th/5th stringers in on offense...

Leave a comment:

• AvsFan26
    replied
    ya i guess you guys are right that dayne isnt really a proven power back, so my guess is that were keeping M. Bell, Nash, and Cobbs and trading away Tatum. just because of recent history, shanny is going to try and ship t. bell off to indy or the jets. my hope is that we could either get another third/second round pick for him.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by JRWIZ
    Marcussed Nash the former first round DAFT choice.
    Except Damien Nash is the player in question. Try reading the topic some... it might actually help out.

Back on track.... I really don't see Nash more than a pratice squad player at this point. What a lot of people fail to see was that he ran well against mostly 3rd/4th/5th teamers. Against the 1st teamers, he'd probably be running for negative yards and people would be booing him off the team.

Leave a comment:

• KyLewin
    replied
    my only question is this, if we drop dayne and miree do we have a proven power runner on this team? i think cobbs could fill that spot, but im watching this teams in the pre-season ( especially the jags and bucs last night) who simply cannot get the short yardage plays. it would be a very scary situation to have 4 speed backs and no-one for power. so far, i think if we dropped dayne and miree ( which i do think will happen) we still have hope in cobbs and sapp ( maybe taking the handoffs every once in awhile) but still this scares me just a little bit.
    Even with Dayne we don't have a "proven" power back. Dayne has never, and probably will never, be a power back. He's a BIG back, but that's not that same thing.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Its still is a misuse of His name JR and I don't care for it. It doesn't matter to me if it just meant as sarcasm or not.

Learn something about Texas geography before proclaiming what is and isn't "real".
    I don't disagree with you about the "Jesus" part, but you made your point.

The second part of this post was unnecessary. It only invites a flaming war.

-----

Leave a comment:

• bleedinorg@blue
    replied
    my only question is this, if we drop dayne and miree do we have a proven power runner on this team? i think cobbs could fill that spot, but im watching this teams in the pre-season ( especially the jags and bucs last night) who simply cannot get the short yardage plays. it would be a very scary situation to have 4 speed backs and no-one for power. so far, i think if we dropped dayne and miree ( which i do think will happen) we still have hope in cobbs and sapp ( maybe taking the handoffs every once in awhile) but still this scares me just a little bit.
    Well, I don't think Dayne is a power runner either. Miree, honestly I haven't seen much of him yet to know.

Shanny likes Mike Bell, because he does get that extra yard or two. Tatum, definately isn't any kind of power. Cobbs, can bring it. Last weeks game he was getting some tough yards. I think they will be just fine. The running game churns on as always!

Leave a comment:

• AvsFan26
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ClaptonFloyd
    replied
    he'll probably survive past this one, but I dont think he'll last past the final one

Leave a comment:

• bleedinorg@blue
    replied
    Its still is a misuse of His name JR and I don't care for it. It doesn't matter to me if it just meant as sarcasm or not.

Learn something about Texas geography before proclaiming what is and isn't "real".
    I couldn't agree with you more. You may wish to speak freely. But, that is considered using his name in vain. Some wish not to see things like that. Let's just respect one another. Christian or not!

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Out here in the real West Texas It is Jesus as IN "Hey Zeus" and the whole post was sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Jesus had nothing to do with it. Besides all you had to do before jumping to conclusions was check it out.

Out here in the real West Texas It is Jesus as IN "Hey Zeus" and the whole post was sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    As it stands right now, I really hope we keep this guy.

I'd like to see M Bell, T Bell, D Nash, and C Cobbs kept.

Dayne and Miree can "hit the bricks".
    That's the way I it see unfolding right now.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-27-2006, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Jesus God when I saw Nash I about had a heart attach thinking some moron in the front office signed him to replace ashley. KNowing that it has been forever since we had 3 really good receivers they wanted to keep a streak going.
    Jesus had nothing to do with it. Besides all you had to do before jumping to conclusions was check it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X