Is anyone worried about the RB situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone worried about the RB situation

Is anyone besides myself worried about the RB situation. Mike Bell looked slow to me last night and so far has had one very good game and two bad games.

Tatum is his usual inconsistent (I like Tatum btw) self. Some nice runs and plenty of short gains.

Cedric Cobbs looks good but against guys who will be on either practice squads, CFL or working at FED Ex.

Any thoughts.

I am not ready to panic yet but so far not as good as I would like from mostly Mike Bell. Yes I miss Mike Anderson old reliable in my book :brick:
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

yeah...

no matter how much i like the underdog mike b....

he aint a crazy athlete...

sure he is good...

but he aint a 4.3 sec muscle monster...

im sure we will be ok this year...

be i really think we need a great feature back....

and that we dont have...

sigpic

Comment

I can't say that I am concerned, yet. I like the combo of Mike and Tatum Bell. I think as Mike Bell becomes more instictual he will be more consistent.

It seems every time Tatum touches the ball he can go the distance but sometimes doesn't show patience. It was nice to see him get into the endzone from a yard out, showing a little toughness.

As for Cobbs, more than who he is playing against I am looking at how he runs and so far so good. He runs hard and is decisive to the hole. Very similar to Mike Anderson or Reuben Droughns.

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

Originally posted by TheSportsGuru
        I can't say that I am concerned, yet. I like the combo of Mike and Tatum Bell. I think as Mike Bell becomes more instictual he will be more consistent.

It seems every time Tatum touches the ball he can go the distance but sometimes doesn't show patience. It was nice to see him get into the endzone from a yard out, showing a little toughness.

As for Cobbs, more than who he is playing against I am looking at how he runs and so far so good. He runs hard and is decisive to the hole. Very similar to Mike Anderson or Reuben Droughns.
        droughns is and was crap...

in any other system he is somewhat very close to mediocre...

but in the texas game mike was the most indecisive Rb i have ever seen...

and after a while it seemd like he gave up and jsut ran without even trying to find a hole...

and i although im a tater fan...

he aint cut out to be a starter....

:paper:

sigpic

Comment

I think we need to wait for a couple of weeks into the regular season to be able to tell. Agreed, they havent been looking all that great in pre-season. Seemed like Mike Bell was slipping alot last night, however so were alot of other players so the field must have been wet or something.

Comment

No, tatum will start and split carriest with the other backs. we will 2000 yards rushing again. its up to jake if we win or not
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not worried about the running game. I think Mike Bell will improve in the games as he starts to get more comfortable. Tatum Bell is no slouch either, even if he only gets around 10 carries a game.
              R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Not worried

I'm a big M Bell Fan...I don't think he's there yet. He needs to work on his field vision and hit holes faster and recognize where they will open before he gets to the line.

I know I'll take heat for this but, I hope Dayne is NOT cut and is a 100% from his injury. If so, he will show the doubters he still is the best 'power back' the Broncos have making life much easier for the rest of the backs.

Comment

Run game right now is definately a concern. Its what protects Jake and makes him look like a decent NFL quarterback. Without it (see Pitsburgh game) he struggles. As evidenced by his 10-22 night. I have my doubts about all backs on the roster when Ced Cobbs is looking like the best back we have a problem. Mike Bell is ok, not spectacular and thats why he wasnt drafted. With Tatum its either all or nothing. Dayne blah. We definately need an uprgrade in the run game but it appears to be to late. Hopefully one of these guys step up and make plays. Other wise we could be in for a long season. Our schedule is brutal the last half of the season.
                  A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                    Run game right now is definately a concern. Its what protects Jake and makes him look like a decent NFL quarterback. Without it (see Pitsburgh game) he struggles. As evidenced by his 10-22 night. I have my doubts about all backs on the roster when Ced Cobbs is looking like the best back we have a problem. Mike Bell is ok, not spectacular and thats why he wasnt drafted. With Tatum its either all or nothing. Dayne blah. We definately need an uprgrade in the run game but it appears to be to late. Hopefully one of these guys step up and make plays. Other wise we could be in for a long season. Our schedule is brutal the last half of the season.

Most all QB's struggle without a run game. Even the heralded Peyton Manning sees a significant decline when his play action ain't working.

Comment

Yesterday was the first time I saw Mike Bell and I wasn't impressed, but I'm sure, just like last year, a Combo of him and Tatum, along with Cobbs will work just fine....not to mention our much improved passing offense, I think we'll be fine.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                        I suppose when we drafted some nobody named Terrell Davis you were sure he was going to be special, right? No doubt you just knew that Orlandis Gary was definitely a 1,000 yd rusher. Of course the old rookie who was in the Marines was definitely a guy who could rush for 1,000 yds in two different season. And our fullback - who I only knew as the kick returner in Madden that I quickly got rid of because he was taking up a roster spot I could fill with someone else - was obviously just waiting for his chance to show us that he could be a feature running back and hit 1,000 yds in ten games (or something like that).

Come on, every year we have question marks in this spot (except during Davis' four years and after Portis had shown what he could do) and every year we're okay. After the Ten game, everyone was so excited about all the depth we had at running back, but then when playing a team that uses the exact same running scheme as us and thus sees it every day at practice (not to meantion has our former O-coordinator as their head coach) we struggle a bit and now everyone is jumping ship? Yeah, that makes sense....

We'll be fine, we always are. Shanahan is rumored to know what he's doing, but maybe you're right, this is no doubt the year we finally fail to have a decent running game...

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287

Droughns is better then we gave him credit for -- this is obvious if you watched any of the Browns games last year.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                          - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by KyLewin
                            I suppose when we drafted some nobody named Terrell Davis you were sure he was going to be special, right? No doubt you just knew that Orlandis Gary was definitely a 1,000 yd rusher. Of course the old rookie who was in the Marines was definitely a guy who could rush for 1,000 yds in two different season. And our fullback - who I only knew as the kick returner in Madden that I quickly got rid of because he was taking up a roster spot I could fill with someone else - was obviously just waiting for his chance to show us that he could be a feature running back and hit 1,000 yds in ten games (or something like that).

Come on, every year we have question marks in this spot (except during Davis' four years and after Portis had shown what he could do) and every year we're okay. After the Ten game, everyone was so excited about all the depth we had at running back, but then when playing a team that uses the exact same running scheme as us and thus sees it every day at practice (not to meantion has our former O-coordinator as their head coach) we struggle a bit and now everyone is jumping ship? Yeah, that makes sense....

We'll be fine, we always are. Shanahan is rumored to know what he's doing, but maybe you're right, this is no doubt the year we finally fail to have a decent running game...
                            Who said anything about this being the year the run game fails. I said the running back spot looks bleek. We know tatum is good for 1200 atleast but its the type of 1200 he gets. And Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary were all drafted. Ill state again, there was a reason why Mike Bell was undrafted. It showed last night. He can be the guy, but he is not THEE guy.
                            A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287

but in the texas game mike was the most indecisive Rb i have ever seen...

and after a while it seemd like he gave up and jsut ran without even trying to find a hole...

and i although im a tater fan...

he aint cut out to be a starter....

:paper:
                              Yeah, he's only rushed for 1,200 yds in two straight seasons with a 4.25 avg... he sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X