Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you believe Cedric Cobbs will be the starter by the end of this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you believe Cedric Cobbs will be the starter by the end of this year?

There have been whispers this offseason that that Cedric Cobbs could eventually be the starter this year for the Broncos.

I'm starting to hear this whisper getting louder.

How many of you think this will happen?

Just curious.
    Yes
    26.83%
    No
    73.17%

I don't think it will happen at all

Comment

Voted no because it really seems like we don't have a traditional starting RB role. Whoever gets the job done that day will carry the load.

Comment

Cobbs has looked good on a few preseason occasions, I'd really have to see more of him and see that it's consistent before making a firm opinion on the matter. I don't really think so, but our running back situation seems the least solid it has been for quite a few years. At this point, it seems it could be up for grabs by whoever can get the job done.
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I don't think Cedric Cobbs will be the starter, but like I said before the preseason started he will contribute well when called upon.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Voted no because I have no idea. Maybe with injuries or if he plays REALLY well, but otherwise I think it'll be Tatum and Mike
            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

There's a reason why he is my adopted Bronco, when these were the only players adopted by two forum members when I adopted Cobbs.

Cutler
              Foxworth
              Bailey
              Wilson
              Tatum
              Walker
              D. Will

I chose Cobbs, because I believe that he had a real 'chance' to surprise people. It doesn't mean he will. He might have one more nagging injury pop up, which is what has plagued him his whole career.

However, if not for injuries and an off field incident, he likely would have gone much earlier in the draft. If it wasn't for another injury his rookie year... Who knows...

Will he start before the end of the year? Who knows. Not even Shanahan knows that at this point. However, he has all the physical skills (size, strength, speed) to be a 'great' back. However, in college and his first two years in the pros, he has not been able to stay healthy and get a shot to see what he is capable of.

I voted yes.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I voted no simply because I don't think he'll be anything more than #3 on the depth chart. Anything is possible, I suppose, but that would mean that everyone ahead of him was injured...not something I want to think about.

Comment

I voted no, but I definitely don't think it's impossible....he looks like a good cut and go kind of guy.
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I've said it in a few threads just recently, that Cobbs would take over at some point in the season. IMO, he has outplayed everyone ahead of him on the DC, and he would only do better if he had our starting O-line in front of him. He has the size needed to pick up the tough yards, and he has the speed to break the long one. He is also the only RB on our roster to get better and better each game.

As I've said, Mike Bell runs hard....too hard for a guy his size so I beleive this will lead to injuries. An injury to him paves the way for Tatum, and we know he gets dinged up a bit and can't handle the full load by himself. This is when Cobbs will get his carries and show that he's the workhorse we've been looking for since TD and Portis left. Even if our top 2 RBs don't get injured, I think Cobbs will still factor in somewhere down the road.

Comment

Let's not get carried away with a person that is running over 3rd and 4th string defenses. Cobbs yes has looked good in those situations. Tatum and Mike have looked good against first string defenses in three games, so they should be the starters.

If Cobbs gets a chance against Arizona, (which I don't know how good they really are) and plays against first string talent and still does well then I could see him making a bid for the #2 job but that to me is a real IF.

Don't forget some of you saw Cobbs in training camp and he was not real impressive there.

I do however think Cobbs will beat out Dayne and should get the 3rd running back position.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Cobbs was also running behind our backup O-line as well....like I said, he would do even better with the first unit.

Comment

tatum bell,he so fast,he looks little bigger also

Comment

Nope, Tatum is the Man.

Comment

Originally posted by runnerg26
                              Nope, Tatum is the Man.
                              Actually, Tatum is the backup man. I hope they give him a shot at being the man, but he ain't the man right now...
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X