Denver's defense already dominant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver's defense already dominant

I don't know if I'd use ESPN's term of "dominant" but they have done very well against mediocre competition.
    DENVER -- The Denver Broncos' defense is already in regular season form, having allowed just three field goals in three preseason games.

What's more remarkable is that they're getting the push from their front four that they so desperately desired despite missing two key starters: end Courtney Brown and tackle Gerard Warren, who are out until the regular season opener with injuries.

Safety John Lynch said there's not much fault that can be found in the front-line defense, especially with Kenard Lang and Demetrin Veal filling in so well for Brown and Warren.

"I'm pleased with the way we are playing defensively. Everyone here is just getting better," Lynch said.

Lang said his goal when he arrived as a free agent from Cleveland this offseason was to make the defensive line as talked about as Denver's stud linebacking corps and sensational secondary.

"Our main goal as a line is to get better and be a main force in the defense," he said after the Broncos' first-string limited Houston to a pair of field goals in Denver's 17-14 win Sunday night. "We have to keep improving and carry this over to our first regular season game. We would love to get a goose egg every time, but it's still big if you can primarily hold the other team to field goals."
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Pleasing indeed...

It is nice to be able to put in second string linemen and not see a significant drop in talent. Its comforting to know if something should happen to Brown or Warren again. I cant wait to see them return and kickoff the regular season!!! Go Broncos Defence!!! With our defence limiting our opponents scoring ability, it should remove some of the pressure for our offence to score so much. and we know Shanny's offence will churn out some good points. Sounds like a winning combonation to me!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I know it's preseason, and I know that we don't have Warren or Brown in there, but I still would like to see more QB pressure. Still working on being convinced... but again, still preseason.

Comment

Would like to see not only more QB pressure but better tackling!
        Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

you're right on that one, no excuse for that, not even preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
            I know it's preseason, and I know that we don't have Warren or Brown in there, but I still would like to see more QB pressure. Still working on being convinced... but again, still preseason.
            Right on. One common denominator the past couple of seasons is how the D-Line starts fast in games, but because of their size seems to fade, especially during long drives. They need to get off the field on third down and stay fresh.

I also agree with the tackling comment. Way too many missed tackles for my liking....

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

They just need to be consistent now. Not have one good game and two bad games.

Comment

i'm going to hold my applause until we play against a team that doesn't have mostly 1st and 2nd year players as their tackles. . . . .
                Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Preseason Defense

We haven't exactly played any stellar offenses yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco
                    It is nice to be able to put in second string linemen and not see a significant drop in talent. Its comforting to know if something should happen to Brown or Warren again. I cant wait to see them return and kickoff the regular season!!! Go Broncos Defence!!! With our defence limiting our opponents scoring ability, it should remove some of the pressure for our offence to score so much. and we know Shanny's offence will churn out some good points. Sounds like a winning combonation to me!!!
                    Don't you mean.
                    It is discomforting to put in second string linemen and not see a significant drop in talent.

I'll take the Missouri attitude SHOW me . Still would have rather taken Bunkley in the first.

Comment

I think what will help the front 4 the most this year is the depth Denver has, once everyone is healthy. They should rotate and have a fresh man in at all times. That is an advantage over most o-lines in the league who don't have much depth to rotate quality back-ups in. Doing this means as a group will be better than last year, but ind. stats will stay low.

^^^^^^^^^^
                      made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv

The pressure we have gotten with our current group I has sparked my interest. It does seem like they can do a better job. If they can we will have to wait and see.
                        "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                          How about, stop lining the CBs 55-yards behind the LOS in a man-coverage when it’s 3rd-and-short?

I think it might help.

:hammer:
                          I have to agree with that one. I understand doing that in certain situations but Coyer seems to have them do it at some very unusual (putting it charitably) times.

It kind of leaves me going .
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Maybe they have shown some signs of that but I wouldn't say they have been dominate yet.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                            X