Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the Broncos' record in 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pick the Broncos' record in 2006

    Well, we've seen the starters for the last time this preseason so it seems like we've got all the pertinent info we're likely to get to help us discern the future. What do you think the Broncos' record will be this season?


    Feel free to list your game by game picks if you want. Mine will be coming shortly...

    Code:
    [U]Date	Opponent[/U]
    10-Sep	@St. Louis
    17-Sep	Kansas City
    24-Sep	@New England
    9-Oct	Baltimore
    15-Oct	Oakland
    22-Oct	@Cleveland
    29-Oct	Indianapolis
    5-Nov	@Pittsburgh
    12-Nov	@Oakland
    19-Nov	San Diego
    23-Nov	@Kansas City
    3-Dec	Seattle
    10-Dec	@San Diego
    17-Dec	@Arizona
    24-Dec	Cincinnati
    31-Dec	San Francisco
    -EDIT- These were the winners from last year:

    Archimedes Owl, Bell26Watts17, brom66an6, broncofan428, BroncosorBust, Broncs 4 life, Dahmanegi, deffman, DenverBroncosJM, DenverFanInGB, DENVER_LOYAL, DistilledFun, DSD2256, Emancipator, Fat Joe, ImaBroncosFan, ItalianSta11ion, JWinn, Lelieisdaman, mark921, MileHighStud, RBDynasty, shadow07, SkyVortex, SmithOverTO, tpoz34

    So we'd better listen to their words of wisdom.
    100
    15 - 1 or better
    9.00%
    9
    14 - 2
    9.00%
    9
    13 - 3
    15.00%
    15
    12 - 4
    35.00%
    35
    11 - 5
    21.00%
    21
    10 - 6
    6.00%
    6
    9 - 7
    2.00%
    2
    8 - 8
    1.00%
    1
    7 - 9
    1.00%
    1
    6 - 10 or worse
    1.00%
    1

    The poll is expired.

    Last edited by Javalon; 08-29-2006, 12:00 AM.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  • #2
    I am going to guess an optimistic 11-5


    We have alot of Elite teams on our schedule this year and I think 11-5 would be quite a accomplishment.



    10-Sep @St. Louis win
    17-Sep Kansas City win
    24-Sep @New England loss
    9-Oct Baltimore loss
    15-Oct Oakland win
    22-Oct @Cleveland win
    29-Oct Indianapolis win
    5-Nov @Pittsburgh win
    12-Nov @Oakland win
    19-Nov San Diego win
    23-Nov @Kansas City loss
    3-Dec Seattle win
    10-Dec @San Diego win
    17-Dec @Arizona loss
    24-Dec Cincinnati loss
    31-Dec San Francisco win
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 08-28-2006, 11:18 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why not dream big? 16-0. With Plumber passing for 4,567 yards with 56 TD's, and Jay Cutler Throwing for a Miserable 3,457 yards with 27 TD's in mop-up duty.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm going out on a super crazy limb here, but, I think we can run the table. What?! 16-0. Yeah, nuts I know. And please, feel free to bring this post back up if we lose. I'll admit it. But, that said, here goes. I just have this feeling that we can do it. Our team is just soo talented on both sides of the ball.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Javalon

          Code:
          [U]Date	Opponent[/U]
          10-Sep	@St. Louis [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          17-Sep	Kansas City [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          24-Sep	@New England [COLOR=Red]lose, payback game[/COLOR]
          9-Oct	Baltimore [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          15-Oct	Oakland [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          22-Oct	@Cleveland [COLOR=Red]win, sorry Charlie[/COLOR]
          29-Oct	Indianapolis [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          5-Nov	@Pittsburgh [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          12-Nov	@Oakland [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          19-Nov	San Diego [COLOR=Red]lose[/COLOR]
          23-Nov	@Kansas City [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          3-Dec	Seattle [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          10-Dec	@San Diego [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          17-Dec	@Arizona [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          24-Dec	Cincinnati [COLOR=Red]win[/COLOR]
          31-Dec	San Francisco[COLOR=Red]lose, not playing starters[/COLOR]
          .......... :paper:

          Comment


          • #6
            11-5! (and it has almost nothing to do with the fact that I just bet a few pennies on the "over 10 1/2 wins" line in Vegas)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Dark Knight
              I am going to guess an optimistic 11-5


              We have alot of Elite teams on our schedule this year and I think 11-5 would be quite and accomplishment.

              I agree, but I think 2 of the L will come from teams the Broncos should beat. 3 coming to teams that are a good hard fight. @KC, Ind, @SD or Pitt

              AZ is one. End of season, Denver resting starters or have nothing to fight for (ALREADY IN), and AZ might be fighting for playoff spot.

              And the other will be like last years Mia game. :brick:
              Last edited by squints; 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM.

              ^^^^^^^^^^
              made by Snk16

              Comment


              • #8
                31-Dec San Franciscolose, not playing starters

                Dude, its San Fran. Our backups should pwn then.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm being a little more optimistic than DK. I'm thinking 12 - 4, assuming we avoid the upset in St. Louis to open the season:

                  Code:
                  [U]Date	Opponent	                Result[/U]
                  10-Sep	@St. Louis	W - This one scares me, possible upset
                  17-Sep	Kansas City	W - Split with KC like normal
                  24-Sep	@New England	W - We have their number
                  9-Oct	Baltimore  	W - But they always cause us trouble
                  15-Oct	Oakland   	W - They're improved but we have Shanny
                  22-Oct	@Cleveland	L - Yep, we get upset before Indy
                  29-Oct	Indianapolis	L - It's close but Manning burns us again
                  5-Nov	@Pittsburgh	W - In their house, we get our revenge
                  12-Nov	@Oakland	W - We still have Shanny
                  19-Nov	San Diego	W - Their defense makes this close
                  23-Nov	@Kansas City	L - Split with KC like normal
                  3-Dec	Seattle     	W - I like our matchups with the 'Hawks
                  10-Dec	@San Diego	W - Marty still struggles against us
                  17-Dec	@Arizona  	W - Leinart starts but we win
                  24-Dec	Cincinnati 	L - Shootout doesn't go our way
                  31-Dec	San Francisco	W - We win even if it means nothing
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Javalon
                    I'm being a little more optimistic than DK. I'm thinking 12 - 4, assuming we avoid the upset in St. Louis to open the season:

                    Code:
                    [U]Date	Opponent	                Result[/U]
                    10-Sep	@St. Louis	W - This one scares me, possible upset
                    17-Sep	Kansas City	W - Split with KC like normal
                    24-Sep	@New England	W - We have their number
                    9-Oct	Baltimore  	W - But they always cause us trouble
                    15-Oct	Oakland   	W - They're improved but we have Shanny
                    22-Oct	@Cleveland	L - Yep, we get upset before Indy
                    29-Oct	Indianapolis	L - It's close but Manning burns us again
                    5-Nov	@Pittsburgh	W - In their house, we get our revenge
                    12-Nov	@Oakland	W - We still have Shanny
                    19-Nov	San Diego	W - Their defense makes this close
                    23-Nov	@Kansas City	L - Split with KC like normal
                    3-Dec	Seattle     	W - I like our matchups with the 'Hawks
                    10-Dec	@San Diego	W - Marty still struggles against us
                    17-Dec	@Arizona  	W - Leinart starts but we win
                    24-Dec	Cincinnati 	L - Shootout doesn't go our way
                    31-Dec	San Francisco	W - We win even if it means nothing

                    I think people are underestimating the difference Steve McNair will make in Balitmore. He will improve almost every aspect of their team. And......

                    They almost beat us with Kyle Boller!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, I voted 12 - 4 and I do have a great feeling. I know for sure we will lose at KC during Thanksgiving....buuuttt it was during the Vermil's era, not the edwards. I think we will beat them KC at Thanksgiving for the first time.
                      XBL: The1Executioner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                        I think people are underestimating the difference Steve McNair will make in Balitmore. He will improve almost every aspect of their team. And......

                        They almost beat us with Kyle Boller!
                        As I said, they always cause us trouble. But I'm thinking we broke their mental hold over us last year (yep, I believe in sports psychology) and that we're overall a better team.

                        I think their defense isn't as good as it used to be and neither is their running game. McNair is a huge improvement over Boller but I don't believe he'll fully overcome the decline in the other two areas.

                        If the game was in Baltimore I'd probably go with the Ravens. But since it's in Denver, I'm counting on home-field to give us the edge. But the possibility of Anderson and Pryce trying their best to make us regret cutting them makes this an even tougher game. But I'm still feeling that we win this one.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Executioner
                          Well, I voted 12 - 4 and I do have a great feeling. I know for sure we will lose at KC during Thanksgiving....buuuttt it was during the Vermil's era, not the edwards. I think we will beat them KC at Thanksgiving for the first time.
                          I hope you're right because I don't want to spoil Thanksgiving dinner.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Didnt Edwards is winless against Shanahan?! Like Jon Dumb Gruden?
                            He also good at defense but suck at offense. Like the Jets and the Bucs long ago. Trent Green have his days numbered anyway, he is 34 years old.
                            XBL: The1Executioner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              By the way, I added the list of last year's winners to the first post and a link to the overall voting for 2005.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X