Pick the Broncos' record in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    9-7? That won't bode well for Jake and his future here.

I'm more optimistic and think that Jake will lead us to a division title again and at least an opening round playoff win and he'll make it tough for Shanny to entertain the idea of starting Cutler next year.
    Like him or not, Jake is in a tough situation this year. He is the #1 scapegoat for this team heading into the season, and if the Broncos take a step or two backwards, Plummer will have a hard time holding onto his job unless he can put up comparable numbers to last year.

Comment

I am guessing that even with some improvements, because of a somewhat tougher schedule, that between 10-6 and 12-4 is what this squad can get if it is healthy and plays well.

All predicitions are null and void depending on roster changes due to injury and or/cuts, as well as surprise excellence from historically (recently) crummy teams.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

You heard it here first, the Broncos will be somewhere in between 0-16 and 16-0.

Comment

I'm think we could have a 12-4 or13-3 record this season. But the record won't matter as long as we win the Super Bowl.

I'm thinking this is what will happen:
          Date Opponent
          10-Sep @St. Louis
          17-Sep Kansas City
          24-Sep @New England
          9-Oct Baltimore should be really close
          15-Oct Oakland
          22-Oct @Cleveland
          29-Oct Indianapolis loss
          5-Nov @Pittsburgh
          12-Nov @Oakland
          19-Nov San Diego
          23-Nov @Kansas City loss
          3-Dec Seattle
          10-Dec @San Diego
          17-Dec @Arizona
          24-Dec Cincinnati loss
          31-Dec San Francisco

Definition of Raider Hater:
          A true football fan, not a band wagon rider, who will always root against the Raiders any time any day. A true Raider Hater can be most recognized by their intelligence and ability to stay out of jail and not riot after losing.

Comment

10-6, maybe 11-5! Baltimore, Indy, Pittsburgh, San Diego (in SD), Kansas City, Cincy (only if Palmer stays healthy). Questionable run game and pass defense!
            Last edited by Nomad Broncofan; 08-29-2006, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Date Opponent
              10-Sep @St. Louis win
              17-Sep Kansas City win
              24-Sep @New England win
              9-Oct Baltimore lose
              15-Oct Oakland win
              22-Oct @Cleveland win
              29-Oct Indianapolis win
              5-Nov @Pittsburgh lose
              12-Nov @Oakland win
              19-Nov San Diego win
              23-Nov @Kansas City win
              3-Dec Seattle win
              10-Dec @San Diego lose
              17-Dec @Arizona win
              24-Dec Cincinnati win
              31-Dec San Francisco lose

Comment

Originally posted by runnerg26
                Date Opponent
                10-Sep @St. Louis win
                17-Sep Kansas City win
                24-Sep @New England win
                9-Oct Baltimore lose
                15-Oct Oakland win
                22-Oct @Cleveland win
                29-Oct Indianapolis win
                5-Nov @Pittsburgh lose
                12-Nov @Oakland win
                19-Nov San Diego win
                23-Nov @Kansas City win
                3-Dec Seattle win
                10-Dec @San Diego lose
                17-Dec @Arizona win
                24-Dec Cincinnati win
                31-Dec San Francisco lose
                What's with the loss in San Francisco?

A true football fan, not a band wagon rider, who will always root against the Raiders any time any day. A true Raider Hater can be most recognized by their intelligence and ability to stay out of jail and not riot after losing.

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaBronco
                  What's with the loss in San Francisco?
                  People seem to think we'll be resting our starters so we'll lose. However, I'm one of the only people that realizes that Denver could beat Frisco's starters with their third string.

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon
                    People seem to think we'll be resting our starters so we'll lose. However, I'm one of the only people that realizes that Denver could beat Frisco's starters with their third string.
                    I forgot about that, but last year I remember that was supposed to be the case in the last game against San Diego and we still won and the Niners will be an easier team to beat. But you're right we probably could be them with our second and third string.

Comment

9-7? That won't bode well for Jake and his future here.

I'm more optimistic and think that Jake will lead us to a division title again and at least an opening round playoff win and he'll make it tough for Shanny to entertain the idea of starting Cutler next year.
                      I don't think it matters who starts at Qb if our DL is as bad as it was last year we lose. John could do a cameo if you can't pressure the QB you lose. And sense there is not a real indication of a running game on our part I have to call them as I see them.

Hope I'm wrong and the DL can sack and pressure and we find a stud buffalo at RB then the talent on this team regardless of who is at the helm will go 13-2 losing only two fluke games that we are not prepared for. Like STL or ARIZA cause we are looking past them to CINCY.

Comment

Seems funny that mtnt man and I have the same numbers 9-7, but for totally differnt reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                          I don't think it matters who starts at Qb if our DL is as bad as it was last year we lose. John could do a cameo if you can't pressure the QB you lose. And sense there is not a real indication of a running game on our part I have to call them as I see them.

Hope I'm wrong and the DL can sack and pressure and we find a stud buffalo at RB then the talent on this team regardless of who is at the helm will go 13-2 losing only two fluke games that we are not prepared for. Like STL or ARIZA cause we are looking past them to CINCY.
                          If our d-line is as bad as last year we lose? You mean we lose like we did last year and only get 13 regular season wins?

Hmm...

It is nice to see that fans have so much confidence in this team to say they are anywhere from 3-4 wins worse because of us having the same problem that we had during our 13-3 season. Also, we imporved in most areas and I think even on the d-line.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                            If our d-line is as bad as last year we lose? You mean we lose like we did last year and only get 13 regular season wins?

Hmm...

It is nice to see that fans have so much confidence in this team to say they are anywhere from 3-4 wins worse because of us having the same problem that we had during our 13-3 season. Also, we imporved in most areas and I think even on the d-line.
                            Yeah, I've got to agree. We won 13 games last year with a similar defensive line and we supposedly had one of the toughest schedules going into the season.

So, what's different this season?

The offense is probably improved with the addition of Walker and Scheffler. The defense will probably be better just by virtue of Darrent and Foxworth having a year under their belt as well as Champ being healthy.

If anything, I think we improved a bit over last season's team.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Yeah, I've got to agree. We won 13 games last year with a similar defensive line and we supposedly had one of the toughest schedules going into the season.

So, what's different this season?

The offense is probably improved with the addition of Walker and Scheffler. The defense will probably be better just by virtue of Darrent and Foxworth having a year under their belt as well as Champ being healthy.

If anything, I think we improved a bit over last season's team.
                              I agree, talent wise, Denver is better. But I just think that Denver had a few lucky bounces last year that helped their record. No guarantees on those lucky bounces this year. I also think that they have a much harder shedule than last year...which accounts for more losses.
                              Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                                I am going to guess an optimistic 11-5

We have alot of Elite teams on our schedule this year and I think 11-5 would be quite a accomplishment.

10-Sep @St. Louis win
                                17-Sep Kansas City win
                                24-Sep @New England loss
                                9-Oct Baltimore loss
                                15-Oct Oakland win
                                22-Oct @Cleveland win
                                29-Oct Indianapolis win
                                5-Nov @Pittsburgh win
                                12-Nov @Oakland win
                                19-Nov San Diego win
                                23-Nov @Kansas City loss
                                3-Dec Seattle win
                                10-Dec @San Diego win
                                17-Dec @Arizona loss
                                24-Dec Cincinnati loss
                                31-Dec San Francisco win
                                tdk I like yours I agree on 11-5 but make NE an win and at Pitt a loss.

(PS I am going to the NE game so I hope :brick: for a win. I do not want to me :hammer: by all the Pats fans in my orange alternate jersey LOL)
                                NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Working...
                                X