Pick the Broncos' record in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDB
    I agree, talent wise, Denver is better. But I just think that Denver had a few lucky bounces last year that helped their record. No guarantees on those lucky bounces this year. I also think that they have a much harder shedule than last year...which accounts for more losses.
    Our schedule at the beginning of last year was ranked higher than it is the beginning of this year in toughness. Just food for thought.

Also, the "lucky" bounces that people say happened about every game and I do not think there is such a thing as luck. I think we just have some exceptional athletes (Champ mostly) that where able to change games that didn't start so well and get this team on the right track. He did it way more than one time so I don't think it can be considered lucky. Other than that every win from every team of every season has the "lucky" bounces that you can point out. It really is just bad play or extremely good play by one of the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
      I agree, talent wise, Denver is better. But I just think that Denver had a few lucky bounces last year that helped their record. No guarantees on those lucky bounces this year. I also think that they have a much harder shedule than last year...which accounts for more losses.

Agreed! Redskins, Cowboys, and Ravens were nailbiters.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
        If our d-line is as bad as last year we lose? You mean we lose like we did last year and only get 13 regular season wins?

Hmm...

It is nice to see that fans have so much confidence in this team to say they are anywhere from 3-4 wins worse because of us having the same problem that we had during our 13-3 season. Also, we improved in most areas and I think even on the d-line.
        Yes the word is on the street how to beat us everyone was watching the AFCCG and those that were not don't deserve to win.

We won a lot of games last year INSPITE of the pathetic DL.

Just becuase we got lucky last year does not mean the running game or DL will not come back to haunt us.

Name a position we have gotten stronger in besides WR with the pick up of Walker.

Oline same

TE less than where we were as we speak.

WR Rod is older, upgrade with walker, everyone else the jury is still out on.

LB same

DB same or slightly older

RB less than we had as we speak.

QB same or slightly better if the WR and TE can catch better than they did last year.

DL while the loss of price was not that big I don't see any upgrade.

ST for the first 4 games a less than last year

FG elam is older and less than what he was last year.

HC same

OC lost alot of experience perhaps an up grade jury is out.

DC same

We might have added some depth but unless they play it does not matter.

Did the other teams get better or worse than last year. Almost everyone we play this year was better than they were last year.

Take off the orange shades cause unless we improve those two areas we are losing ground to the rest of the AFCW as well as the NFL.

Sorry I see us slipping this year just because other s are getting better and we play a better group of teams this year.

Now I said all this based on none of the teams we play going in the crapper do to losses pf personnel. There is always a team or two that digresses.

Comment

I voted 10-6 because I feel that we won't be as fortunate as we were last year and I think we have a pretty tough schedule. I think 11-5 is more realistic, but Denver will have to be on their "A" game all year if they want to do very well.

Comment

11-5 due to the schedule being so tough and the fact Denver always drops an easy one or two along the way.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
            - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
              Yes the word is on the street how to beat us everyone was watching the AFCCG and those that were not don't deserve to win.

We won a lot of games last year INSPITE of the pathetic DL.

Just becuase we got lucky last year does not mean the running game or DL will not come back to haunt us.

Name a position we have gotten stronger in besides WR with the pick up of Walker.

Oline same

TE less than where we were as we speak.

WR Rod is older, upgrade with walker, everyone else the jury is still out on.

LB same

DB same or slightly older

RB less than we had as we speak.

QB same or slightly better if the WR and TE can catch better than they did last year.

DL while the loss of price was not that big I don't see any upgrade.

ST for the first 4 games a less than last year

FG elam is older and less than what he was last year.

HC same

OC lost alot of experience perhaps an up grade jury is out.

DC same

We might have added some depth but unless they play it does not matter.

Did the other teams get better or worse than last year. Almost everyone we play this year was better than they were last year.

Take off the orange shades cause unless we improve those two areas we are losing ground to the rest of the AFCW as well as the NFL.

Sorry I see us slipping this year just because other s are getting better and we play a better group of teams this year.

Now I said all this based on none of the teams we play going in the crapper do to losses pf personnel. There is always a team or two that digresses.
              OK now I will show you the other point of view. For one your last few statements are way off. A lot of those teams got worse losing KEY players or have taken injuries this offseason. Our division for one is a lot worse than last year. The Chargers are starting a first time starter at QB which always causes some growing pains, the Chiefs lost 3 of their premeir offensive blockers and have to learn a new system since they have brought in a new coach, and the Raiders are just never a concern but have the new coach and new QB issue to go through. I'm not going to go over all of the teams but just from the divisional stand point the only team I see doing better than last year is the Raiders and that is mostly because of the fact, how can they be any worse?

Oline is still the same and disputedly the best in the league.

TE at the very least is still the same. We still have our starter and the 2nd string (Sheffler) will easily make up the catches. The only question on him has been can he block, seeing as how last year our 2nd tight end didn't block I do not see how we got worse there.

WR - extreme upgrade with Walker. He is a receiver that can be counted on in tough situations like 3rd and longs. He also is a receiver that people will have to game plan for a lot more than last years receivers. We now have 2 premier wideouts which is something that has been missing for a long time. As for the depth behind it... who cares we didn't have that depth last season so that is not a valid point to us not being better in this area. I still think by mid season Marshall will be better than Adams was for us last season though, that being an opinion of mine I will not add it in as a fact of us getting better.

LB - DJ now has another year of experience and we have arguable the best LB situation in the league. If you don't rank us at the top we are very close to it.

DB - Will be much better this year. Last year we got decent play out of 2 guys that where adjusting to and learning the NFL. They now have a year of experience and know what to look for when playing. Champ also had 2 different injuries for most of last year. Those are both now healed.

RB - I still don't get why people cry about us not being as good at RB. How many years of this does it take before you guys actually have faith in Shanny. It makes no sense to me at all.

QB - Same starter so not better in that area but we do have more depth incase of injury. Didn't really improve though on who will be playing.

DL - We brought in a few new pass rushers. While losing Pryce does hurt, it isn't like he played all that well last year. Lang in himself has averaged almost double the sacks that Pryce had last year throughout his career (when he played DE). Lang also played linebacker and has range to be all over the field. I would put my money on him being the starter by the beginning of the season. I think all of the pass rushers that we brought in will definately help the stat that everyone crys about though.

ST - Yes losing our punter will hurt for 4 games. Luckily that is not the tough part of our schedule. Other than that we will have the same as last year.

Elam will not be any worse than last year. He was average then and he has already hit the decline. To think that he is going to just start missing a ton of field goals is not very logical though. He would have been replaced if that was an issue.

For offensive coaching we are the same. Whatever you want to think we now have an assistant head coach that is a good coordinator and a head coach who has always run the offense and I do not see him just all of the sudden not know what to do without Kub here.

Defensive coordinator we are the same as last year and I think this is the biggest downfall of the team. With all the talent we have on our defense it should be way better than it was last season.

In all your assumption of the d-line play is way off. We only ranked bad in passing because teams passed on us way more than any other team in the NFL. That happens when you are winning from early on in most of your games like we where.

Look at my post in here and go to the link I provided. We where top 5 in most every stat such as average yards per attempt from other teams, completion percetage given up, and QB ratings given up. It is only a close minded person that can not see that the total yards given up does not tell the entire story. The same can be said about our run defense. We only had such a good one because noone ran against us, they had to pass since they where playing from behind.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...48#post1240348
              Last edited by jhns; 08-29-2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34
                22-Oct @Cleveland -- Win, its cleveland and they cant stop the RUN!! 17-6
                True, the Browns have had problems against the run. But the 3-4 has vastly improved the Browns run Defense. Thus far this preaseason the Browns defense had been amazing. The defense will carry the team this season. So, your statement that Cleveland "cant stop the RUN!!" is unlikely.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                  True, the Browns have had problems against the run. But the 3-4 has vastly improved the Browns run Defense. Thus far this preaseason the Browns defense had been amazing. The defense will carry the team this season. So, your statement that Cleveland "cant stop the RUN!!" is unlikely.
                  We will see if you stop our run when the time comes!

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                    We will see if you stop our run when the time comes!
                    Aye,

but as to the Broncos record this year ... hmmm...

I'd say 10-6 to be safe. Anything is possible.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                      Aye,

but as to the Broncos record this year ... hmmm...

I'd say 10-6 to be safe. Anything is possible.
                      It actually is not dumb to say you would hold off our running game. We have struggled over the years against 3-4 defenses.

Comment

Date Opponent
                        10-Sep @St. Louis-w
                        17-Sep Kansas City-w
                        24-Sep @New England-easy w
                        9-Oct Baltimore-L
                        15-Oct Oakland-w
                        22-Oct @Cleveland-easy w
                        29-Oct Indianapolis-tough w
                        5-Nov @Pittsburgh-tough w
                        12-Nov @Oakland-upset L
                        19-Nov San Diego-w
                        23-Nov @Kansas City-w
                        3-Dec Seattle-w
                        10-Dec @San Diego-w
                        17-Dec @Arizona-w
                        24-Dec Cincinnati-w
                        31-Dec San Fran-w

Thanks to Jakes exceptional play again this year we will be the class of the AFC since pit and indy are going to fall off.
                        Last edited by BroncoInMich; 08-29-2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInMich
                          Date Opponent
                          10-Sep @St. Louis-w
                          17-Sep Kansas City-w
                          24-Sep @New England-easy w
                          9-Oct Baltimore-L
                          15-Oct Oakland-L
                          22-Oct @Cleveland-easy w
                          29-Oct Indianapolis-tough w
                          5-Nov @Pittsburgh-tough w
                          12-Nov @Oakland-upset L
                          19-Nov San Diego-w
                          23-Nov @Kansas City-w
                          3-Dec Seattle-w
                          10-Dec @San Diego-w
                          17-Dec @Arizona-w
                          24-Dec Cincinnati-w
                          31-Dec San Fran-w

Thanks to Jakes exceptional play again this year we will be the class of the AFC since pit and indy are going to fall off.
                          You have us getting swept by the raiders....
                          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

How is it you have us beating Indy, Pittsburgh & Cincinnati but somehow losing to the Raiders, TWICE??!?!

Comment

Wow!

Alot of you guys are very optimistic.

I thought 11-5 may have been a little much.

It's not that we're completetly loaded with good teams on our schedule,

but the good teams we do have I consider to be ELITE.

So we will have a much tougher time with them than all the non playoff teams we played last year. I think we only played 3!

But this year I see at least 6 playoff teams and that's not including the Chiefs or the Chargers.
                              Last edited by The Dark Knight; 08-29-2006, 06:32 PM.

Comment

The Broncos should be favored to win every single one of their games pending injuries. At this point, the Rams game is the one to worry about. If Steven Jackson manages to establish a running game, Torry Holt and Issac Bruce will give them a lethal offense.

Questionable games are San Diego on the road and the Patriots on the road if they get Deion Branch back.

NFC West - By the time the Broncos play the Cardinals, Matt Leinart will be starting. There is no way Warner manages to stay healthy this whole season. The 49ers are a joke. The Rams and Seahawks have legitimate shots to beat the Broncos.

AFC North - Denver plays Cincy at home towards the end of the season. As we all know, Cincy just blew off the end of the season last year, Expect the same this year. The Ravens are always a tough game for the Broncos, but at home early season I can't see Plummer making too many mistakes. Pittsburgh could be a challenge, but the Steelers aren't the best team at home. Watch out for the Browns.

Patriots, Colts - The Colts will miss Edge and to the surprise of many will be nothing special this season. Denver will beat them in the regular season. The Patriots game can go either way, but without Deion Branch Tom Brady might throw the ball a few times to Champ Bailey.

San Diego- Love their defense. But if Rivers turns into a turnover machine they will lose.

I do not see the Chiefs as a serious football team this year. Their recieving corp is garbage. Vermeil and Saunders know how to work with garbage, Solari and Edwards do not. Tony Gonzales will have to pass block with 2 tackes gone which eliminates him from the passing game. Denver will beat KC on Thanksgiving this year.

The Broncos will probably finish 14-2 or 12-4, because of Jake Plummer blowing games and/or the defense letting up in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X