Shanahan on our RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanahan on our RB

If you go to denverbroncos.com and look at the Tuesday post practice with Shanahan video close to the end of the interview he was asked if any of the starters will play in the final game. He said that everyone will sit except for the RBs and that there is still alot of competation there. He also said something along the line of our starting running back is still being decided and won't be know until the opening game. So from what it sounds like Mike Bell isn't guarenented anything and by game one someone else could be the starter.

www.denverbroncos.com
    Last edited by hilife; 08-29-2006, 02:07 PM.
    President Cool

Im interested to see how he is going to handle the rotation. You know the Bells will make it but who will be #3. And between the Bells who will be #1? I think there is too many things that need to be answered in the last preseason game.

Comment

He was never guarenteed anything, except that he was the "current" starter.
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
        That means Tatum Still has a chance
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver

Pretty much. It will be interesting to see who the starter will be when the season starts. I think Cobbs has just as much of a chance as both Bells.
          President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by hilife
            Pretty much. It will be interesting to see who the starter will be when the season starts. I think Cobbs has just as much of a chance as both Bells.
            I believe that at any of the current backs would have about the same production. I havent seen Cobb or Mike Bell enough to know what they bring. I have seen Tatum and I like what he brings. However, I dont think he can carry the ball 25 times a game for an entire season. Infact if they attempt that he will probably get hurt.

Comment

CC by Week 3, Baby!!!
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Shanahan hates (I know, that is such a strong word...) fantasy leagues. His distaste runs so deep that he is sacrificing the well being of our beloved Broncos just to mess with the fantasy geeks.

Comment

Mike Shanahan is playing games with the media. He already knows who the Starter is but he's not telling so the Rams cant gameplan for one single guy. He is also probably wanting one last look at the Runningbacks so he can decide who to get rid of. Those two reasons are why the RB's are gonna play on Thursday. Any Coach would say the same thing. Besides, Mike Shanahan is and always will be the man that doesnt show his cards to anyone...........ANYONE!!!!!
                  Last edited by GoBrOnCoS16; 08-29-2006, 05:14 PM.

Comment

what's going on in practice?

I don't see how we can figure the RBs without the knowledge of what's happening in practice. Mike Bell hasn't shown me in preseason games why he's in contention for the number one job. But in practice he's knocking helmets off...at least that's what I read. He looks small to me but Morris with the Giants and Dorsett with the Cowboys struck me the same way and they did just fine. If I go just by what little the sorry stations chose to show me in preseason, I like Cobbs.

Comment

I think Tatum will start and show us he has progressed and can be the 20+ carry guy but i also think M.Bell and Cobbs will get carries to
                      sigpicGo Broncos! Heres to many more CHAMPionships!!!

Comment

Originally posted by T140
                        well whoever gets the job, here's to another 1000 yard season!
                        Stick with me on this for a second, but I'm not so sure about anyone getting another 1000 yard season. I'm sure the Broncos will have a great year rushing the ball, but what if Shanahan's decides to go with splitting the rushing job equally between two or even three RB's. It could mean creating several near 1000-yard rushers but no one above 1000 yards.

Of course, I could be wrong...

zappa24

Comment

Originally posted by zappa24
                          Stick with me on this for a second, but I'm not so sure about anyone getting another 1000 yard season. I'm sure the Broncos will have a great year rushing the ball, but what if Shanahan's decides to go with splitting the rushing job equally between two or even three RB's. It could mean creating several near 1000-yard rushers but no one above 1000 yards.

Of course, I could be wrong...

zappa24

i don't think it's going to be split between 3 more then likely 2 and we saw how they were still able to get a 1000.
                          President Cool

Comment

Working...
                          X