• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    Top, top top.

For SI to lose credibility, it means that they had to have some credibility to you in the first place.

See, that's where you made your mistake.
    Isn't this the sports magazine that almost died before they discovered swimsuits.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Skeleton
    replied
    Every year

One of these years that Carolina as SB champs pick has to work out for those guys.

Leave a comment:

• HidEmu
    replied
    Originally posted by Medford Bronco
    Case in point a bit off topic, but my Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup and came out of nowhere. If sports were so predictable, no one would watch.
    the hurricanes did not come out of nowhere they had the best team in the league all season. detroit and the senators were the only teams with the same talent, hurricanes just got a hot goalie in the playoffs is why they won, but they were one of the two best teams in the league all season

Leave a comment:

• HidEmu
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Sorry, I would love for them to beat NE for the East, but S.I. just lost a little credibility with me.

Well, thanks for the link, NevadaBronco.

BTW, welcome to the boards, you and Thuglife!

-----
    ya, i like the dolphins, hope they do well but i doubt they will beat the patriots for that divison. theyll be lucky to make the playoffs. and whats with the bengals 8-8? i also think they they have the steelers way over rated, although im glad they didnt have them going back to back like most of the predictions ive seen on espn and around the web :brick: and and everyone in NFC east going 9-7 i dont think that is very likely either. but i guess you gotta pick something to happen....

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Case in point a bit off topic, but my Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup and came out of nowhere. If sports were so predictable, no one would watch.

You make a good point as usual Med...its all good in theory, but you gotta strap it on and put the talk to the ultimate test.

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
    What would all of you be saying if they picked the Broncos to win the Super Bowl? I don't think that picking the Dolphins is too far-fetched. They have as good a chance as most teams in the AFC. As a Broncos fan, I think Denver has a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl and that they and Indy are probably the favorites, but that being said I don't think that it's impossible for another team to win it. I definitely don't think that someone is a moron for picking someone other than the Broncos to win it all.

(I do think that the NFC East 9-7 picks are gutless, and the Panthers winning it all is bandwagon jumping at its best)

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    I give credit I say Miami will go 10-6 and push NE. I hope for more though

Yes Saban is one of the best and they are much more likable than some of the other AFC East *cough Patsies* Teams

I think the additions to the team especially C Pep will give us two more wins then last year leaving us with an 11-5 record. Last year we lost 4 ball games in the last part of the 4th quarters. I think the improvements in the secondary and at QB will make the difference this year. Also Miami has a full year under their belts with both new offense and defens systems.

I say F the patsies

BTW Mods F stands for forget

Leave a comment:

• Orange_Crush21
    replied
    What would all of you be saying if they picked the Broncos to win the Super Bowl? I don't think that picking the Dolphins is too far-fetched. They have as good a chance as most teams in the AFC. As a Broncos fan, I think Denver has a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl and that they and Indy are probably the favorites, but that being said I don't think that it's impossible for another team to win it. I definitely don't think that someone is a moron for picking someone other than the Broncos to win it all.

(I do think that the NFC East 9-7 picks are gutless, and the Panthers winning it all is bandwagon jumping at its best)

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Fins4Life
    Ummmm....not sure were you are coming up with this logic? Throughout the preseason the starting D has given up 3 of 18 on third downs. We got rid of the players that were holding us back in the secondary. So how is that again that we will be lucky to reach 9 wins? Thats what we had last year and we added a pro bowl QB, and a former 4 year starter for a backup.

BTW people on this board dont want to give Miami credit for possibly having the best coaching staff in the league as a whole.
    I give credit I say Miami will go 10-6 and push NE. I hope for more though

Yes Saban is one of the best and they are much more likable than some of the other AFC East *cough Patsies* Teams

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Ya, the only question (which is a small one) is how will the DTs hold up to the Pit power run game. Your DEs and LBs can hold down the outside runs but will the DT hold their own in the middle?

The Pit DL wont be the problem, it will be the LBs and S's on the blitz. They lost one of thier Better D linemen in Van Offlehoffen or wheatever.

I think Keith Traylor and Dan Wilkinson will do just fine in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    You might be right....I really think our D line is going to give them problems as I expect theirs to give us problems. I have all the respect in the world for the Champs, but this is by far the best team the Dolphins have fielded in the last 7 years.
    Ya, the only question (which is a small one) is how will the DTs hold up to the Pit power run game. Your DEs and LBs can hold down the outside runs but will the DT hold their own in the middle?

The Pit DL wont be the problem, it will be the LBs and S's on the blitz. They lost one of thier Better D linemen in Van Offlehoffen or wheatever.

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    Yes, the Fins look really good this year. I've always liked some of thier players (Chambers, Booker, McMicheal, C-Pepp, Taylor, and Thomas). But this is one of the better Fins teams i've seen. But IDK about Willie Parker, i dont know if he is going to be has dominate as some are predicting. I might even to venture a 17-10 score at the end of teh game.

You might be right....I really think our D line is going to give them problems as I expect theirs to give us problems. I have all the respect in the world for the Champs, but this is by far the best team the Dolphins have fielded in the last 7 years.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Trust me I didnt forget that...our new secondary has looked absolutely great in the preseason. I cant wait until we shock many people on opening night.

Im definitley not scared off Pitts offense, and seeing how we were able to move the ball on the Panthers defense I think we will do just fine. Miami has many weapons and you cant shut them all down. Opening night will go something like

Miami 14
    Pitt 13
    Yes, the Fins look really good this year. I've always liked some of thier players (Chambers, Booker, McMicheal, C-Pepp, Taylor, and Thomas). But this is one of the better Fins teams i've seen. But IDK about Willie Parker, i dont know if he is going to be has dominate as some are predicting. I might even to venture a 17-10 score at the end of teh game.

Leave a comment:

• Fins4Life
    replied
    And added Will Allen

Trust me I didnt forget that...our new secondary has looked absolutely great in the preseason. I cant wait until we shock many people on opening night.

Im definitley not scared off Pitts offense, and seeing how we were able to move the ball on the Panthers defense I think we will do just fine. Miami has many weapons and you cant shut them all down. Opening night will go something like

Miami 14
    Pitt 13

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Ummmm....not sure were you are coming up with this logic? Throughout the preseason the starting D has given up 3 of 18 on third downs. We got rid of the players that were holding us back in the secondary. So how is that again that we will be lucky to reach 9 wins? Thats what we had last year and we added a pro bowl QB, and a former 4 year starter for a backup.

BTW people on this board dont want to give Miami credit for possibly having the best coaching staff in the league as a whole.
    And added Will Allen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X