Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrass
    replied
    One thing I was impressed with was him dropping back into coverage and defending a pass like one of our LB's. He has a long way to go as far as learning but I think he has a chance to make it.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
    I've seen him use power, speed and 'technique' moves all effectively.

While being touted as a pass rusher I think there's potential against the run too. Of course, he could easily be overpowered there due to his size, but they need to get to him first. He's disrupted a few running plays already by getting in to the backfield before the QB can hand off. At times he seems to be all over the field and in on every play. He seems comfortable and alert back in pass coverage too.

Nothing spectacular so far, but he's doing well. Of course, I'm hoping to really see something special from him this year because that could only mean good things for the team.
    Fred - Note that MnG is one of our DLine experts...

This is a great evaluation, IMO

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    I think he's been pretty solid, especially considering he's a rookie. But I do hope he'll start producing some sacks or fumbles like he did in college. "Solid" is all well and good but we need a dose of "spectacular" from somebody on the line, be it Dumveril or somebody else.
    Good observation. Also nice to see you guys have checked him on with the Cards.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    I think he's been pretty solid, especially considering he's a rookie. But I do hope he'll start producing some sacks or fumbles like he did in college. "Solid" is all well and good but we need a dose of "spectacular" from somebody on the line, be it Dumveril or somebody else.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    I think size can be overrated. Height is great because you have a longer reach to seperate from the blocker and can knock down a pass better, but being shorter already gives you leverage if you can keep up in strength.
    ...and I've heard he has the wingspan of someone that's 6'5". If that's true then he has a couple things working for him there: lower center of gravity/leverage advantage, and long arms to get better separation.

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Thanks for all the input.

I'm pretty pleased that he ended-up there.
    I think you guys will take good care of him.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
    I'm wondering if he's got Pro jitters?

He could book it and put some hurt down in the U of L games.
    We love him here.

What do you guys think about his size? Too small?

And I would like to see him become a lot more agressive as I've seen him before.
    I think he's going to do really well. I'm biased, though.
    I think size can be overrated. Height is great because you have a longer reach to seperate from the blocker and can knock down a pass better, but being shorter already gives you leverage if you can keep up in strength.

Leave a comment:

• BayAreaBronco
    replied
    I'm not totally impressed but not disappointed thus far. I think he's doing fine and could help our D-Line now and later as WAB mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    I've seen him use power, speed and 'technique' moves all effectively.

While being touted as a pass rusher I think there's potential against the run too. Of course, he could easily be overpowered there due to his size, but they need to get to him first. He's disrupted a few running plays already by getting in to the backfield before the QB can hand off. At times he seems to be all over the field and in on every play. He seems comfortable and alert back in pass coverage too.

Nothing spectacular so far, but he's doing well. Of course, I'm hoping to really see something special from him this year because that could only mean good things for the team.

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    I'm kind of disappointed in him. He just doesn't look explosive like he did in college, and those Freeney comparisons are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off. He needs to step it up a few notches.

I'm wondering if he's got Pro jitters?

He could book it and put some hurt down in the U of L games.
    We love him here.

What do you guys think about his size? Too small?

And I would like to see him become a lot more agressive as I've seen him before.
    I think he's going to do really well. I'm biased, though.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    I'm kind of disappointed in him. He just doesn't look explosive like he did in college, and those Freeney comparisons are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off. He needs to step it up a few notches.
    Pshhhhh...he's playing pretty good for a 4th round pick, that's for danged sure. Freeney comparisons? By whom? Freeney is once in a decade...

He's beating OL off the snap just fine...he's just not turning the corner or getting there quick enough. He's a fine prospect for now and later.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMERFAN16
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    I think he looks pretty good, but hes not a dominating player.

I'm also not sure if he ever will be a dominating player.

but so far im pretty happy with him!

now Corey Jackson on the other hand.....

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    im wise...

so i will answer your foolish kids question...

he is ok...

he could be better...

but he is doing as much as i thought he would do...

he is solid thus far...

not mistakes...

in the D line rotation...

but no big plays yet...

BRONCOS ROCK MY SOCKS!!!

:dance:

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    started a topic Newbie question about Elvis Dumervil

Newbie question about Elvis Dumervil

So what do you guys think of Evis now?

Are you impressed? Depressed?

Has your opinion of him changed since you have watched him play?

FYI I am now becoming a Broncos fan (still love my Colts) since he's from my college team.

Just wanna see what the veterans here think about him.
Working...
X