Dayne Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    But that was with Domanick Davis supposedly coming back. But this injury now looks serious, which is something they didn't know at the time of the draft.
    Well Domanick Davis is actually in the dog house now... Which means that I wouldn't be suprised if we traded Dayne for Davis straight up -- now THAT would be a trade in which we would rip them the hell off...

Davis ran for 1,300 yards with a crap offensive line... Just imagine in our system?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
      Well Domanick Davis is actually in the dog house now... Which means that I wouldn't be suprised if we traded Dayne for Davis straight up -- now THAT would be a trade in which we would rip them the hell off...

Davis ran for 1,300 yards with a crap offensive line... Just imagine in our system?
      Davis' football career could be over, due to a serious knee injury/degenerative knee condition. He's not in the "doghouse."

Comment

I thought the Texans had first dibs at the waiver wire??

Wouldn't that mean that they'd be wise to save their picks and just hope that somebody else doesn't trade for him.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          Davis' football career could be over, due to a serious knee injury/degenerative knee condition. He's not in the "doghouse."
          Texans | D. Davis could be a roster cut
          Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:56:01 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) could be in jeopardy of not making the final roster.

WERD
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
            Texans | D. Davis could be a roster cut
            Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:56:01 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) could be in jeopardy of not making the final roster.

WERD
            So that means he's a malconent and he's in the doghouse?

--Domanick Davis (HOU - RB)
            Texans coach Gary Kubiak says that Domanick Davis will not be cut.

Impact: "The idea of cutting Domanick has not even played a factor," Kubiak said. "I don't know where that came from." Unless the team decides to use a roster spot to wait on Davis' troublesome knee, he'll likely be placed in IR.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
              I thought the Texans had first dibs at the waiver wire??

Wouldn't that mean that they'd be wise to save their picks and just hope that somebody else doesn't trade for him.
              Yea, pretty much. Good point...

Comment

Getting something is better than nothing....
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                  He was signed as insurance, just like some years Denver signs 10 D-linemen and then cuts the ones that don't cut it.

In a worst case scenario, Dayne could have been servicable.
                  I seriously doubt Shannihan signed him for insurance purposes. I think he was signed to fight for the starting job with tatum, but for whatever reason he has not lived up to Shanny's or my expectations. Best of luck to him wherever he plays this season, but at this point he is the Broncos worst RB and deserves to be cut.

As far as trading him, I doubt anyone will want to trade for him. Teams know there is a great possibility that the Broncos wil lcut him, and thus will pick him up on waivers. However, if there is a team that wants him with a low waiver priority number, they may opt to trade for him.

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueBronc
                    I seriously doubt Shannihan signed him for insurance purposes. I think he was signed to fight for the starting job with tatum, but for whatever reason he has not lived up to Shanny's or my expectations. Best of luck to him wherever he plays this season, but at this point he is the Broncos worst RB and deserves to be cut.

As far as trading him, I doubt anyone will want to trade for him. Teams know there is a great possibility that the Broncos wil lcut him, and thus will pick him up on waivers. However, if there is a team that wants him with a low waiver priority number, they may opt to trade for him.
                    Yes, the same way he signs all the O-linemen each year and some make it and some don't.
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brncoz1fan
                      Why would we trade or cut Dayne?? He has the size we need for third down. Are other RB's are hit and miss. Dayne has never had the playing time he deserves and when he does he doesn't fail. He doesn't fumble, he doesn't run out bounds and he get's in the hole. It would be foolish to get rid of him. Remember he "didn't fit the system" in New York and never played. We need him!! I am not sure about these rookies; training camp doesn't mean squat and the pre season games are not a good indicator. LET HIM PLAY!!
                      Being from the location of Colorado have you watched any of training camp? Because if you did you would have seen that Dayne was given every chance to shine in training camp and did not. He started out with the first team and played against the second team. He should have shined with that because first team should be better then second team defense but he did not.

Mike Bell started on fourth team, then third team, then second team, then first team, on all of the teams he showed that he was consistent.

Dayne does not look like he is a fit for the Broncos. He may have his best days behind him. He had one good game last year and he was awarded a nice signing bonus and extra money for it. He honestly has not shown he is worth what the Broncos are paying him.

We need to get whatever we can get for him. Nash actually has looked better then Dayne but I don't think he will make the team either.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                      X