Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what direction would YOU like our running game to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4th Amigo
    Hey Perry, FYI: DonTrell Moore got cut by the Jets before training camp even started.

You a Lobo fan or something?

I wouldn't mind seeing DonTrell in Denver's backfield......
    I am a Lobo fan. Used to go to UNM before moving west. I really liked Dontrell Moore at UNM. If it weren't for that knee injury during the Aggies game in 2004, (that too when he called for fair catch on punt return) he would have been highly recruited in the nfl.

It sucks that the Jets cut him. I would love to see him in denver but I dont see it happening. I hope he makes it somewhere.
    [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Comment

Mike Bell doesnt have what it takes this year, hes sooo shaky its not even funny.....let him learn a year maybe Bell and Cobbs will split carriers but im still for hells bells just Mike has not shown enough yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo
        Sorry, T. Bell isn't and never will be a premier running back in this league, not even on this team.

When TD was drafted in 95 in the sixth round, I am sure nobody thought he would be the running back he turned out to be, except Shanahan. And now apparently he can see something special in M Bell now.
        if shanahan had really known what he was getting in td, he wouldn't have waited until the 6th rnd to take him. in fact, shanny has recently been quoted as saying he was so stupid he didn't even promote td to the starting job until the last preseason game.

t bell is the only back on the roster who's come near 1000yds, and he did it as the backup. so he would easily eclipse 1k if he was promoted to starter. it's a no brainer.

bell's problem is that he's not a great pass blocker or catcher. i'm sure he's been working on these areas, but i don't know how much he's progressed.

also, bell didn't do anything last yr when the broncos run attack was stymied in the playoffs. absolutely no doubt shanahan noticed this and is looking for SOMEONE WHO CAN RUN THE BALL IN THE POST-SEASON, and not just someone who can put up 1000yds in the reg season but disappears in the playoffs.

notice mike anderson isn't on the team anymore?

that's why i don't really care who starts. experience shows the no 1 rb will gain 1000+ yds, guaranteed. BUT what will he do in the playoffs? that's the thing that concerns me. and looking at the talent we have, i'm not optimistic.
        Go Bears!

Comment

Honestly, which ever one works.

I'm not very particular when it comes to what I'd like from them other than success.

If it works, I'm all for it.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cabroncofanatic
            that's why i don't really care who starts. experience shows the no 1 rb will gain 1000+ yds, guaranteed. BUT what will he do in the playoffs? that's the thing that concerns me. and looking at the talent we have, i'm not optimistic.
            If a back can run in the regular season, he can run in the playoffs. It is the same game.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Whoever starts the season, doesn't always necessarily finish the season as the starter. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                If a back can run in the regular season, he can run in the playoffs. It is the same game.
                no, it's not. you face better defenses in the playoffs. they've had a full season of film to study and game plan. and broncos' backs have been known to tire come yr's end.

just look at our performance in the playoffs last yr.
                Last edited by cabroncofanatic; 09-02-2006, 02:19 PM.
                Go Bears!

Comment

I've had enough

Personally, I've had enough of the RB revolving door. It's getting old. Pick a guy and stick with him.....

I don't think that tha D-line is the only thing they need to up-grade in next years draft.......None of these backs do anything for me!

If Tatum Bell don't step up this year, he'll be joining Watts as another wasted first day pick.....Another in a long and growing line of wasted picks!
                  Last edited by stnzed; 09-02-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cabroncofanatic
                    no, it's not. you face better defenses in the playoffs. they've had a full season of film to study and game plan. and broncos' backs have been known to tire come yr's end.

just look at our performance in the playoffs last yr.
                    Just because we didn't run, or do anything else, well in the playoffs last year, doesn't mean that has anything to do with a RB not being able to run in the playoffs. Take this year, we are playing several teams in the regular season that we are likely to play in the playoffs. If our back can run against them in the regular season, he can run against them in the playoffs.
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Just because we didn't run, or do anything else, well in the playoffs last year, doesn't mean that has anything to do with a RB not being able to run in the playoffs.
                      huh?! our rbs couldn't run in the playoffs, but that doesn't show our rbs can't run in the playoffs?!

ok, two games is a small number, but the results don't lie. and going back further, when is the last time a denver back had a good game in the post-season? or even near the end of regular season?

you have to go back to portis who had some good games at season's end.

true, they didn't have a chance in indy, but that's just the other reason the situation with the rbs is not critical: either we face teams that can stop our run, or we face teams - like indy and cinci - who take away the run by running up the score.

Take this year, we are playing several teams in the regular season that we are likely to play in the playoffs. If our back can run against them in the regular season, he can run against them in the playoffs.

all things being equal, this is true. and not very promising because our backs have typically had trouble in the reg season against good running d's, like baltimore and jacksonville. our running stats only look outsized because they're padded against the mediocre teams - that's where we consistently produce 1000+ yd rushers. that's why the overall rushing stats are not a good indicator of playoff success.

but all things are not equal. teams are better prepared in the post-season. defenses come after you with even greater intensity. and, as i alluded to above, our runners do seem to lose some steam towards playoff time. i looked at the ypg for bell, anderson, droughns, and portis, and portis was the only back whose production didn't take a noticeable dip at season's end. portis is also the most talented of the group. coincidence? prob not. none of our current backs has portis' ability. that's one reason why i think they will fade again this yr.

we have the rbs to get to the playoffs, but not the backs to win the sb. and since its the sb i care about, i don't really care that much who the backs are.
                      Go Bears!

Comment

I want the our running game to go in the direction of the ENDZONE.
                        sigpic

Comment

well to the top of course silly goose....

top of the league standings of course....long way to go from last season.... number 2 to number 1
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                          X