Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what direction would YOU like our running game to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what direction would YOU like our running game to take?

i figure that our 3 main backs will be M.BELL/T.BELL and C.COBBS. (upon hearing a rumor that dayne was cut).

so, are you into the RBBC thing or do you want us to use a feature back?

i personally would like to see tatum given the chance to be our main back with doses of bell + cobbs to spell him. i don't like the RBBC too much and think that bell could handle the workload and be a true #1. i really do not think the other 2 backs are #1 every down backs.

although i think we could have success with the RBBC i still think a feature back would benefit us more.

i would like tatum bell to start
    i think he can do it

Comment

i want it to go in any way which is better for the team

Comment

Tatum will never be a feature back in this league. Our only hope for that now is Mike Bell.

I would rather have one feature back, but this year I have to believe that M. Bell is essentially taking M. Anderson's place and it will be more of the same as last year.

The question becomes:

Can we get two 1,000-yard rushers this season?

Comment

With the pounding RBs take, I think you are going to start to see more and more teams go with the RBBC. I think it works best for us atm. It keeps guys fresh for the entire year, and with change of pace backs like Tatum, it really can open up the defense late in the game when they are tired.

As much as I miss the TD days, I'd like to see us continue with the RBBC approach. It's a team game, and frankly I don't care who gets the yards and touchdowns, I just want us to get them as a team.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

I know this answer will not be very popular, but I wouldn't mind seeing all three (Bell's and Cobbs) get some time. I don't think any team has really tried to do a THREE headed monster at RB. They all have different running styles, and that could really keep D's guessing. I personally don't care if we have a 1000 yd rusher or not, I am much more concerned with the sum of the RB's.

I think it might be cool to see some split back sets with M Bell and Cobbs, that could really wreak havoc on a defense.

But hey what to I know, Shanny's the man!!

One things for sure, you never know what Shanahan will do, that's why I love him!!

Comment

Hey Perry, FYI: DonTrell Moore got cut by the Jets before training camp even started.

You a Lobo fan or something?

I wouldn't mind seeing DonTrell in Denver's backfield......

Comment

attrition committee

I don't believe the Broncos have much of a choice. Since Portis and possibly Mike Anderson, we have not had our hands on a dominating force at RB. Looking around the league, we're not likely to get one either. Even so, I figure we're doing pretty good since we had a winning year and still managed to snag Cutler in the draft. Seems like the GREAT TRUTH of the NFL this year is that great backs are going to crummy teams.
                How about that Nate Webster I adopted? Let's give him the ball and see what he can do...

Comment

At this point Tatum Bell is the only starting caliber back on the roster. The depth we have is unproven or historically unproductive (Dayne).

Tatum has been a good change of pace back for us, however I think our success this year will depend on Tatum Bell stepping up and becoming a big time consistent producer and staying healthy.

If he doesnt evolve or stay healthy, we will be plunged into a world of despair with Mike Bell and Cobbs as our only possible saviors, which to me equates to Plummer attempting 75 passes a game. :brick:

Comment

i would like to see a bigger back hit our system.

thats why i like cobby so much- the big guys just keep pounding on the d instead of the other way around- it tires them out much more+ it keeps our offense on the field longer-

thats why i am not a huge fan of the tatum bell type rbs- dont get me wrong i love the long td runs but sometimes they are too quick if that makes any sense

but definaley one sole back being spelled by a fb would be cool
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Sorry, T. Bell isn't and never will be a premier running back in this league, not even on this team.

When TD was drafted in 95 in the sixth round, I am sure nobody thought he would be the running back he turned out to be, except Shanahan. And now apparently he can see something special in M Bell now.

Not saying that M. Bell is the next TD necessarily, but i'm not saying that he isn't either. Tatum has just not shown that he has doesn't have the vision, so let's give someone else a shot. Remember, the missing link for us winning a SB wound up being a sixth round pick out of Georgia, so MAYBE a UDFA out of Arizona could make it happen. In reality, there really isn't any difference between a sixth round pick and an UDFA.

Let's take a look at who the #1 overall pick in the Draft was in 1995: Ki-Jana Carter, RB. God knows he didn't do much.

All I am saying is that you never know where the gold is. But we have a coach who has proven time and time again that he knows how to find the gold when it comes to RB's, so let's just see what he comes up with!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                        i figure that our 3 main backs will be M.BELL/T.BELL and C.COBBS. (upon hearing a rumor that dayne was cut).

so, are you into the RBBC thing or do you want us to use a feature back?

i personally would like to see tatum given the chance to be our main back with doses of bell + cobbs to spell him. i don't like the RBBC too much and think that bell could handle the workload and be a true #1. i really do not think the other 2 backs are #1 every down backs.

although i think we could have success with the RBBC i still think a feature back would benefit us more.
                        Definately, featured back. I would like to see one of the Bell's be given the load, and use the other Bell when the primary needs to come out for a breather.

If Tatum is the primary, then give him 20+ carries a game, and possibly use M. Bell for short yardage, goal line work.

Cobbs is in reserve (likely inactive for most games), in case one of the Bells get hurt, or struggle.

I would like to see Ttaum get a shot at carrying the load, because his speed just adds a whole 'nother dimension, that neither Cobbs nor M. Bell have.
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                          Tatum will never be a feature back in this league. Our only hope for that now is Mike Bell.

I would rather have one feature back, but this year I have to believe that M. Bell is essentially taking M. Anderson's place and it will be more of the same as last year.

The question becomes:

Can we get two 1,000-yard rushers this season?
                          If Tatum can be a 1,000 yard part time back, why can't he be a feature back in this league?
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                            what direction would YOU like our running game to take?
                            down hill i hope...

and perhaps some TDs as a reward for all that running...

in the end the broncs run by commission...

so it dont matter who is #1...

they will still get 1,000 yards...

and the back up something close to that...

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see us go with a power running game this year. We can't do that with Tatum or Mike, so that leaves Cedric Cobbs. The guy has skills, he just hasn't been able to showcase them behind our starting O-line. I know Cobbs won't start right away , and if that's the case then I atleast wanna see the guy in goal line/short yardage situations. He is a monster at picking up tough yards and yards after contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X