No announcement yet.

David Terrell ASKED to be released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully DT's release means that Brian Clark makes the roster. He does great returning kicks, and I think he could be a decent WR for us down the road. One thing that p!sses me off about DT, is that you have all these guys playing their hearts out to make the roster, and he turns down a spot? What an *******...... :hammer:
    Last edited by Javalon; 09-01-2006, 10:36 PM. Reason: Circumventing the profanity filter

Comment

i really liked the guy even though he never really did anything for us...

but oh well...

we are a run first.. play second sprt of team...

so at #6...

he would perhaps get one catch if that in the whole season...

so bleh....

:dance:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon
        I can't blame him, anytime he was in the game it was BVP slinging the ball.
        His making it good with the team isn't just a reflection on how well BVP did or did not do. The coaches have hours of training camp with him and tons of game footage to watch and rewatch from the preseason.

There is more to your opportunities to make it in the coaches eye then just if you made a ton of catches. They realize you can't catch what isn't thrown to you.

They can evaluate how well he gets seperation, who crisp the route is, how well he blocks. If he is great in all of these areas he would have moved up the depth chart in preseason for the chance to show how well he can do with Cutler or Jake throwing.

Comment

Just reported on News 4 here in Denver...

David Terrell was unhappy that he was going to be the #6 receiver on the team so he asked Shanahan to release him tomorrow.

And here I was all up for this guy, oh well, he can be a #2 or #3 on other teams with his skill level.

He sucks, always has always will. His days in the nfl are numbered.

Comment

You can't fire me, I quit!

Was he on anybody's list to make the team anyway. This guy couldn't even stay on as a WR in Chicago. Chicago!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden84
              Well you can't blame the guy he wants to start. Good luck Terrell.
              Yet we bash Lelie for doing a similar thing?

Terrell had potential, I guess it just didn't work out.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
              2. Taxes
              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

David Terrell is a chode. I'm glad he asked to be released. Thank you!

Comment

I assumed Terrell would be cut, so it's news to me that he was going to possibly make it as the #6 WR.

The WRs in order are:

1. Rod
                  2. Javon
                  3. Marshall
                  4. Watts
                  5. Kirkus
                  6. Devoe

That doesn't leave room for Clark unless they cut Devoe, but Devoe is a good special teams player and the #5 and %6 WRs are basically special teams players.

That's why David Terrell is gone. He couldn't beat out Marshall or Watts for the #3 WR spot, and the 4-6 spots require strong special teams play. (That's why I have Watts listed ahead of Kirkus, because Kircus is a ST player). Terrell was tried out returning kicks, but didn't do much.

And he's not really a gunner on kick coverages or anything, so there's really no room for him.

I wish him well and hope he catches on somewhere else, but I'm predicting that he'll be floating around trying to make the roster of some team for a couple more years before he finally gives up and becomes a real estate broker or something.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just reported on News 4 here in Denver...

David Terrell was unhappy that he was going to be the #6 receiver on the team so he asked Shanahan to release him tomorrow.

And here I was all up for this guy, oh well, he can be a #2 or #3 on other teams with his skill level.
                    Hey I guess that means we are keeping 6 WR and Tood Devoe will make the team now. If David Terrell didn't ask to be release I don't think Todd Devoe would've made it

Rod Smith
                    Javon Walker
                    Darius Watts
                    David Kircus
                    Brandon Marshall (for now, he will move up to #3 after he gets some playing time)
                    Todd Devoe (Glad he will make the team cause I think he has potiental)
                    President Cool

Comment

Working...
                    X