Power Rankings Week 1 (ESPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rankings Week 1 (ESPN)

Didn't see this posted, so I figured I give out the link.

ESPN Week 1 Power Rankings

We're ranked 5th right now, but there are 2 NFC teams above us and you KNOW they will fall soon! That leaves us behing the Edgeless Colts and the Bettis-free Steelers.

I realize there seem to be questions about the Broncos running game, but the only comment made was about Plummer and Cutler? C'mon, either quarterback can hand off the ball, the question will be can we establish the run and defend the pass. Period.

I am sorry. NFC teams should not be ranked above AFC teams. That has been proven year in/out for the last several years.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

It seems the Dolphins are ranked a bit high, and the Chiefs are a bit low.

But then, what do I know?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by dare2bme
        Didn't see this posted, so I figured I give out the link.

ESPN Week 1 Power Rankings

We're ranked 5th right now, but there are 2 NFC teams above us and you KNOW they will fall soon! That leaves us behing the Edgeless Colts and the Bettis-free Steelers.

I realize there seem to be questions about the Broncos running game, but the only comment made was about Plummer and Cutler? C'mon, either quarterback can hand off the ball, the question will be can we establish the run and defend the pass. Period.
        We won't be able to defend the pass if our DBs play 10 yards off their man all season again. I think that #5 ranking is spot on.

Comment

I wouldn't put any faith in this ranking. It doesn't have Cutler at #1.
          Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
            I am sorry. NFC teams should not be ranked above AFC teams. That has been proven year in/out for the last several years.
            the afc is the better conference, but that doesn't mean the best team can't come from the nfc. seattle was the better team in the sb last yr. they return all of their key starters. they deserve the top ranking to start the season.

don't know if i'd put carolina at no 2, but top 5? prob.

denver's in about the right spot. they've upgraded at the wr positions, but may have taken a step back on the d-line.

cinci's a bit high considering palmer's shaky knee.
            Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch
              I wouldn't put any faith in this ranking. It doesn't have Cutler at #1.
              you're right. denver would be ranked lower if cutler was the starter.
              Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by cabroncofanatic
                you're right. denver would be ranked lower if cutler was the starter.
                No they wouldn't.

And I wasn't talking the Broncos. Just Cutler.
                Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch
                  No they wouldn't.

And I wasn't talking the Broncos. Just Cutler.
                  Actually starting a rookie QB on a 13-3 team that almost went to the SB the year before and is returning almost all of it's starters would conclusively prove that Shanahan had been hit on the head with a ballpeen-hammer during the off-season --

which WOULD tend to drop his team down in the rankings out of the top 10!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                    Actually starting a rookie QB on a 13-3 team that almost went to the SB the year before and is returning almost all of it's starters would conclusively prove that Shanahan had been hit on the head with a ballpeen-hammer during the off-season --

which WOULD tend to drop his team down in the rankings out of the top 10!
                    That is true.
                    The rankings will change alot after the first week anyway.
                    RIP Darrent Williams
                    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Looks good to me *shrugs*

Although, I only looked at the Broncos
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                        LOL, that pretty much sums it up. You have to wonder if the posters calling for that change have been hit in the head with a ballpeen hammer....
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I believe the Browns picking up Fraley deserves a rise in the Browns rank wouldn't you agree?
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                            LOL, that pretty much sums it up. You have to wonder if the posters calling for that change have been hit in the head with a ballpeen hammer....
                            you're too kind. i was thinking of sledge hammer, myself.
                            Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                              We won't be able to defend the pass if our DBs play 10 yards off their man all season again. I think that #5 ranking is spot on.
                              You can NOT play bump-n-run man-on-man defense all the time. THe problem with our defense last year is we had to blitz to get the pass rush... FORCING us to play man UP toooo much.

Comment

Working...
                              X