No announcement yet.

Other teams cuts could help us (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another name I saw on ESPN that I wouldn't mind having (I agree with Oshinowo and Harris)....Najeh Davenport. Him and Tatum would be quite a tandem, and I'm not particularly sold on either Bell or Cobbs.

Just one man's opinion.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
      That's no s*&@!.....Shanahan has enough money. Why doesn't he just buy the Cleveland Browns? :brick:

Why are you so negative?? :hammer:
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoDefense
        A couple of names that have been cut by other teams that we should think about picking up. First off, I think we are thin at DT, and we definately need some youth there, although Veal has played well in the preseason. I'll give you two names:

1. I think we should look at Babatunde Oshinowo. This guy was a beast at Stanford and is a giant in the middle. I'm not sure how he's looked in Cleveland's minicamps (obviously not too good, because they are releasing him), but I think it would be worth it to give him a flyer to spell Warren.

2. Even more intriguing (I think) is to look at Orien Harris, who started out at DE in the 3-4 at Pittsburg, but they have a very deep DL rotation, and he simply may have been released in a numbers game. It seems he had a lot of potential coming out of Miami, but a questionable work ethic. He played the under tackle at Miami, and may have just struggled getting into a two-gap scheme in Pittsburg. Anyhow, I think we lack a true under tackle in our defense, and he could be a very nice addition.
        I like both ideas. If Gerard Warren ever goes down we'll will be extremely soft up the middle. I'm actually surprised we really haven't made more of an effort to shore up our DT situation in the last few weeks.

Ted Wahington is 38 years old though. I wonder why he coulden't make the team?
        You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by twotone
          Another name I saw on ESPN that I wouldn't mind having (I agree with Oshinowo and Harris)....Najeh Davenport. Him and Tatum would be quite a tandem, and I'm not particularly sold on either Bell or Cobbs.

Just one man's opinion.

YES Davenport would be a great addition. Thank you.

Comment

KFFL reports that the Raiders cut Jeff George.

I'm still laughing about the fact that ANYONE would sign the clown. Jeff George wouldn't help the Broncos (or any NFL team), but if laughter truly is the best medicine, he has helped me.
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Seahawks | Warrick's contract terminated
              Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:35:53 -0700

The Seattle Seahawks announced WR Peter Warrick has had his contract with the team terminated.

Comment

Just one man's opinion.

I like our RB situation, but I agree, I always thought Davenport looked really good WHEN he was healthy.

Comment

Well now that the cuts have been made, is it time for Shanny to take an overnighter to Cleveland and search in their trash bins for some hidden gems. It really is becoming a yearly ritual

As for O. Harris. I liked him at Miami and i was hoping we were going to snatch him up in the late rounds. With our serious lack of depth at DT, it might be worth a look. Although it is kind of late in the game....always the practice squad
                  Last edited by Broncholio; 09-02-2006, 07:14 PM.

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                    KFFL reports that the Raiders cut Jeff George.

I'm still laughing about the fact that ANYONE would sign the clown. Jeff George wouldn't help the Broncos (or any NFL team), but if laughter truly is the best medicine, he has helped me.
                    I heard they cut George because another ex raider QB became available and they are rolling out the red carpet. Who is this Ex Raider QB. It is non other than Todd Maranovich. Those close to Al Davis say is more excited than ever. Not just because of Todd but it appears his contract with the Devil has been extended

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

Three guys waived today caught my eye:

Terra Nande - LB

B. Oshinowo - DT

Should pick these guys up and put them on the PS

Zach Hilton - TE Not sure if he is healthy but might replace Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by SethGrandpa
                        I think he's worth the risk. I mean I think he's the best WR I ever saw play in college (keep in mind I'm 19, but still). I will never forget his game against Notre Dame. Wow, I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

Yeah you are right about that, not to mention he played for the Detroit Lions not exactly a good team, put him in an Offence with a good QB and running game, as long as he stays healthy he has a pretty good year. His work ethic is a bit of a concern though so I don't think he would fit in here.
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Just one man's opinion.

While Davenport sounds like he would be a good pick, he has not maintained a consistant health an production, whenever he has gotten the chance to paly he has either underperformed badly or gotten hurt (I live in GB territory)
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                            While Davenport sounds like he would be a good pick, he has not maintained a consistant health an production, whenever he has gotten the chance to paly he has either underperformed badly or gotten hurt (I live in GB territory)
                            Exactly. He's probably not much of an upgrade over Cobbs, to tell ya the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                              Charles Rogers injuries did him in more than anything, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he does well for another team.
                              Agreed. I thought he looked good when he played. I'm not willing to stamp him with the "complete bust" label yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                                Agreed. I thought he looked good when he played. I'm not willing to stamp him with the "complete bust" label yet.
                                i agree with wa bronco . If we brought him inin for the right price , i think rod would be good for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X