Why Bradlee Van Pelt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Bradlee Van Pelt

Sure he isnt the best player but why was he cut instead of Preston Parsons. PP hehe hasnt played at all in any preseason game(maybe against arizona) [couldnt watch whole game]. I would rather have BVP than PP hehe.
    sigpic

Well, Parsons can actually pass the ball. BVP has never once demonstrated the ability to do that, not consistently.

BVP is not a QB. He is not a QB prospect. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
      Sure he isnt the best player but why was he cut instead of Preston Parsons. PP hehe hasnt played at all in any preseason game(maybe against arizona) [couldnt watch whole game]. I would rather have BVP than PP hehe.
      First of all, does anyone even know if Parsons made the roster?

Second, BVP hasn't shown much of anything in three preseasons.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
        First of all, does anyone even know if Parsons made the roster?

Second, BVP hasn't shown much of anything in three preseasons.
        Parsons apparently still has PS eligiblity...at least that's what I've been reading. We can keep him there and call him up if one of our top 2 is injured. Very cool, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          Parsons apparently still has PS eligiblity...at least that's what I've been reading. We can keep him there and call him up if one of our top 2 is injured. Very cool, if you ask me.
          I have heard the same, but that isn't the same thing as CB inferred, which was BVP was cut and Parsons not.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

The last I heard there are still about 8 unannounced cuts. Parsons could, and probably will, be one of those and then put on the practice squad.

Apparently the Broncos want a QB to run the scout team but they don't want it to be Cutler. Instead, they want Cutler practicing our offense so he'll keep learning the playbook.

It seems like a good plan to me but we just haven't heard for sure whether or not Parson has been cut.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
              I have heard the same, but that isn't the same thing as CB inferred, which was BVP was cut and Parsons not.
              Oh, well Parsons would obviously have to be cut (or waived) to be put on the PS. So, in the end, I guess they'll both be cut...only one's coming back though.

Comment

I don't know if Preston Parsons made the squad or not but what I do know is that BVP is inconsistant to say the least. I've seen what he's done in a game and quite honestly if he had to take the helm as the starter we would ended tanking. He is a terrible qb.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  Oh, well Parsons would obviously have to be cut (or waived) to be put on the PS. So, in the end, I guess they'll both be cut...only one's coming back though.
                  Yes, that is true, IF he is put on the PS. Shanahan has not stated yet whether he will keep 2 or 3 QB's. Since we haven't seen which QB's have been cut, we don't yet know how QB's will be on the active roster.

sigpic

Comment

It really doesnt matter. BVP was not going to get any playing time anyway. Cutler is going to eat up any leftovers Plummer gives him and maybe more if Jake is not a good boy again this year. So the Broncos are going to go with what works for them. Only 2 QB's on the active roster. leaving a slot for another DB or lineman. I love it and then put a no name on the practice squad to run the scout team. Very smart.

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

Go to denverpost.com/broncos an read bout it. PP can go on practice squad an run our scout offense. essentially giving us a third qb without takin that roster spot. BVP cant becuase he was active for all 16 games last year. This works better than just having two qbs too becuase theyd prefer to not have Cutler worrying bout the scout offense but only ours
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                        Go to denverpost.com/broncos an read bout it. PP can go on practice squad an run our scout offense. essentially giving us a third qb without takin that roster spot. BVP cant becuase he was active for all 16 games last year. This works better than just having two qbs too becuase theyd prefer to not have Cutler worrying bout the scout offense but only ours
                        The only way that is possible (Parsons to practice squad) is if his 32 games as the 3rd QB don't count as being active. This is possible, since I know there are special rules for the 3rd, or emergency QB, like if they play, then the first two QB's can't come back in the game until the 4th quarter.

However, considering he was a UFA 4 years ago, and spent two seasons as the 3rd QB, I would have assumed he wasn't eligible. So, we shall see if the Denver Post has it right. I hope so.

sigpic

Comment

"BVP"

Van Pelt got cut because he sucks......It was insanely stupid making him 2nd string last year......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                            Van Pelt got cut because he sucks......It was insanely stupid making him 2nd string last year......
                            Kanell sucked too. I believe he was out of football, before we tried to revive his career. BVP had a solid game in the '05 preseason, and seemed like the best option.

sigpic

Comment

get it through your head....BVP is worthless.....

Comment

Working...
                              X