• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was BVP cut?

because he wasn't good enough to make this team
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
      Kanell sucked too. I believe he was out of football, before we tried to revive his career. BVP had a solid game in the '05 preseason, and seemed like the best option.
      I think we would both agree the Broncos could and did do better!

Van Pelt being the 2nd string last year was not smart!

Comment

Why did BVP not make this team?

Because he sucks, hes a slow Mike Vick, and just as bad at passing as Mike is

Maybe thats why............anyway, what has BVP proven to show us that he should make the team?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed

It wasn't smart, I was just pointing out that Kanell wasn't a better option. Shanahan tried to sign Ferrotte and a couple other free agents before last season, but couldn't land any, because they wanted to go to teams (like Miami) where they had a chance to compete for the starting job, and they knew that wouldn't happen with Jake as the starter.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Parsons is more than likely going to the practice squad...

BVP has just AWFUL accuracy...
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Bvp

In my humble opinion, I think that Bradlee is an awesome athelte...not as a qb but maybe some other postion, like wide recever maybe...just a thought
              GO BRONCOS
              I'll take a wide receiver with everything...Eddie Mac

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                Parsons is more than likely going to the practice squad...

BVP has just AWFUL accuracy...
                I am still struggling to see how Parsons can be eligible for the PS.

He spent two season, 32 games, as the third emergency QB. Here is a quote about the emergency QB:

"Then there's the strangest category, third quarterback. NFL teams can dress a third quarterback -- but the player so designated may enter the game only if the first two quarterbacks depart and do not return. There is no comparable rule in college or high-school football, where substitution is unlimited. The third quarterback receives full pay and vesting, so again the owner is paying someone to do nothing. "

Ok, the vesting refers to free agency eligibilty, meaning a player that is the 3rd QB will have that year count as a year of eligibility for free agency purposes.

From the CBA:
                "The practice squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than one previous season on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). No player may be a practice squad player for more than two seasons."

So, if Parson's spent two seasons as the 3rd QB and even one of those years counted as an "Accrued Season of NFL experience" then how can he be eligible? The only possibility is if the 3rd QB counts as a season of "Accrued Season" but not as being an active player.

Anyway, I guess sometime later today we will find out for sure, when the Broncos sign their practice squad.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MissinMcCaffery
                  In my humble opinion, I think that Bradlee is an awesome athelte...not as a qb but maybe some other postion, like wide recever maybe...just a thought
                  GO BRONCOS
                  BVP has said he is not interested in a position switch.

sigpic

Comment

ah I had no clue, his lose then I guess..thanks for the info
                    I'll take a wide receiver with everything...Eddie Mac

Comment

I liked Van Pelt but he wasn't all that great (obviously) Jay Cutler is all we need for a backup, and maybe pick up some scrub QB in free agency.

Comment

Umm...

Preston Parsons was released.

T777
                        "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777
                          Umm...

Preston Parsons was released.

T777
                          Yes, that is why we are talking about his practice squad eligibility. A player has to be released and clear waivers, before he can be signed to the practice squad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed

What's scary is that at that time last year Shanahan and his coaching staff saw him as our best option.

BVP isn't worthless he just isn't a very good qb. Imo if would get over himself and make the transition to a different position he could possilbly have a career in the NFL.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              What's scary is that at that time last year Shanahan and his coaching staff saw him as our best option.

BVP isn't worthless he just isn't a very good qb. Imo if would get over himself and make the transition to a different position he could possilbly have a career in the NFL.
                              That wasn't necessarily a reflection on how good BVP was, but how we had no other option. Our options in camp were BVP and Kanell. Shanahan tried to sign several veteran QB's to be the backup (like Ferotte), but was unsucsessful, since most of them wanted to go places (like Miami) where they had a shot at starting.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                                That wasn't necessarily a reflection on how good BVP was, but how we had no other option. Our options in camp were BVP and Kanell. Shanahan tried to sign several veteran QB's to be the backup (like Ferotte), but was unsucsessful, since most of them wanted to go places (like Miami) where they had a shot at starting.
                                That's what I was saying, he was the best option we had last year. Btw we also had Matt Mauck as possible option last year.
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X