Charlie Adams over Darius Watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Adams over Darius Watts?

You gotta be kidding me. This can only mean that Adam's work on Special Teams meant more then keeping a potentially dangerous backup WR.

I can't believe this myself. Nothing against Adams but no way he is a stronger keeper then Watts. NO WAY!!!

You do realize that we can sign off a better receiver than Adams off of Waivers and then release Adams right? I mean, that's the whole point of getting people on the PS and claiming players off of waivers.

Adams is just here unless we can't get a better returner who can actually catch. I mean if we can't get someone BETTER atleast we have someone who has the smallest ability to do something.

If we get someone better, then Adams is gone. Obviously the Broncos are disinterested, seeing as we tried to trade him already.

That's how I see it.
    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Well, I see P.K.Sam got released.....

....he'd be a player for returns......

.....I too can't believe Adams was kept......

ugh!
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        Well, I see P.K.Sam got released.....

....he'd be a player for returns......

.....I too can't believe Adams was kept......

ugh!

Well, Adams wasn't drafted by Shanahan, was he?

Mike Shanahan has no buisness ever drafting another WR again!

Comment

Maybe the Broncos didn't want the Cowboys to get Adams for free. So, maybe they'll try to trade him again.

I know I'm grasping at straws but I'm still a bit about this.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
            Well, Adams wasn't drafted by Shanahan, was he?

Mike Shanahan has no buisness ever drafting another WR again!

Nobody can convince me that cutting Watts was a good idea.....Adams and Devoe....Send em both packing

How is the positon any better than it was 12 months ago?

Walker maybe better than Lelie....But at least we know Lelie was healthy going in to the season.

All the other peices stay the same...But a year older.....

I have faith in Smith and that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
              You do realize that we can sign off a better receiver than Adams off of Waivers and then release Adams right? I mean, that's the whole point of getting people on the PS and claiming players off of waivers.

Adams is just here unless we can't get a better returner who can actually catch. I mean if we can't get someone BETTER atleast we have someone who has the smallest ability to do something.

If we get someone better, then Adams is gone. Obviously the Broncos are disinterested, seeing as we tried to trade him already.

That's how I see it.
              Trade or release is a possiblity for any 4th or 5th string player. If you fail to get a trade done for a player like Adams, you seal your doom in getting anything for him. If anything, drop Adams, keep Watts and trade him later if he stinks up the feild. He can probably garnish more. Watts will likely sign with another team. At this point the decision makes absolutely no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                Nobody can convince me that cutting Watts was a good idea.....Adams and Devoe....Send em both packing

Walker maybe better than Lelie....But at least we know Lelie was healthy going in to the season.

Yep. And you know the sad thing about Javon walker and Ashley Lelie?

Shanahan passed on Walker to draft Lelie, only to have Walker being the one that breaks out, Lelie being the flake and losing him for a 3rd rounder, and having to give up a second rounder for Walker.

Shanahan don't know jack about WR's!

Comment

I really think I should be the Personel Manager for Wide Outs and D Backs in Denver. :brick:

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus22015
                    Trade or release is a possiblity for any 4th or 5th string player. If you fail to get a trade done for a player like Adams, you seal your doom in getting anything for him. If anything, drop Adams, keep Watts and trade him later if he stinks up the feild. He can probably garnish more. Watts will likely sign with another team. At this point the decision makes absolutely no sense to me.
                    If he stinks it up on the field, where it matters, how does it help his value or help us get anything for him? Trying to deal him would dampen our confidence in Watts anymore.

I never said I liked the decision, but Shanahan knows our team better than we do, so I have to go with him on this and see if it turned out for the better. We all do.

Shanahan felt comfortable with Smith, Walker, Marshall, Kircus and Devoe at receiver. He obviously is not comfortable with Adams at returner/receiver seeing as we tried to deal him.

The decision was a shock to all of us, but with competant receivers, atleast in Shanahan's view, already availble, Watts became less useful. We probably should have traded him, but if we couldn't get useful value, we'd essentially be giving him away anyway.

I already said, I don't believe Adams's position on the Broncos is as secure as everyone is making it out to be. You all are panicking a bit to much. There's plenty of guys we can nab off waivers to return kicks. Watts can't do that, so what use does he have here? Peter Warrick, for example, has proven he can return kicks and be a half-decent receiver. Forget his draft status, he's shown what his limits and abilities in the NFL are and he would be a good addition to the Broncos for the versatility that Adams never had. Warrick might not even be the best option but there are plenty of improvements with more versatility and ability than Charlie Adams on the market and for all our sakes, I hope Shanahan can net a keeper.
                    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                      The Mastermind is holding onto him until he can swing a three-team deal that sends Adams to the CFL and gets us the Redskins' first-round pick.
                      LOL.....Thanks I needed that!

Comment

trust in mike

half of you guys just need to let our coaches do there thing !
                        I have total trust in mike after all he did lead us to a 13 win season.I think adams was kept because of his special teams play , watts has never proven his self.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                          If he stinks it up on the field, where it matters, how does it help his value or help us get anything for him? Trying to deal him would dampen our confidence in Watts anymore.

I never said I liked the decision, but Shanahan knows our team better than we do, so I have to go with him on this and see if it turned out for the better. We all do.

Shanahan felt comfortable with Smith, Walker, Marshall, Kircus and Devoe at receiver. He obviously is not comfortable with Adams at returner/receiver seeing as we tried to deal him.

The decision was a shock to all of us, but with competant receivers, atleast in Shanahan's view, already availble, Watts became less useful. We probably should have traded him, but if we couldn't get useful value, we'd essentially be giving him away anyway.

I already said, I don't believe Adams's position on the Broncos is as secure as everyone is making it out to be. You all are panicking a bit to much. There's plenty of guys we can nab off waivers to return kicks. Watts can't do that, so what use does he have here? Peter Warrick, for example, has proven he can return kicks and be a half-decent receiver. Forget his draft status, he's shown what his limits and abilities in the NFL are and he would be a good addition to the Broncos for the versatility that Adams never had. Warrick might not even be the best option but there are plenty of improvements with more versatility and ability than Charlie Adams on the market and for all our sakes, I hope Shanahan can net a keeper.
                          Your probably right.....I just hope he replaces Watts with someone not on the roster! Because, unlike broncosfan123, I do not trust "Mike".

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFan123
                            half of you guys just need to let our coaches do there thing !
                            I have total trust in mike after all he did lead us to a 13 win season.I think adams was kept because of his special teams play , watts has never proven his self.

Think about this for a second.

Shanahan has been coach in Denver since when, 1995? The only impact WR he has ever drafted is Ashley Lelie, and he ended up spending a first round pick, only to lose him to a third.

I'm not going to question Shanahan on winning, building a team, or x's and o's, but it is a cause for concern when the contineous weak spot in the offense is the WR position, something Shanahan has NEVER been good at evaluating.

I don't care what anyone says, that's a cause for concern.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed

Time will tell.

If healthy, Walker is better than Lelie.

Based on preseason, Kircus is more reliable as a 3rd WR (which is a guy you want to catch the ball and help convert 3rd downs) then Watts.

Marshall is still an unkown, but looked good in training camp and the first pre-season game.

Nate Jackson is finally healthy, and has been lining up wide much of the preseason.

Scheffler has been playing in the slot and doing well.

So, last year we had basically Smith and Lelie, Plus Adams/Devoe - Putz and this is what the team managed:

Code:
                              Player        	No	Yds	Avg	Long	TD
                              Rod Smith	                85	1105	13	72	6
                              Ashley Lelie	42	770	18.3	56	1
                              Jeb Putzier	37	481	13	32	0
                              Mike Anderson	18	212	11.8	66	1
                              Charlie Adams	21	203	9.7	21	0
                              Stephen Alexander	21	170	8.1	15	1
                              Kyle Johnson	17	160	9.4	33	5
                              Tatum Bell	18	104	5.8	14	0
                              Todd Devoe	9	87	9.7	44	1
                              Darius Watts	2	22	11	12	0
                              Wesley Duke	2	22	11	21	1
                              Ron Dayne	3	17	5.7	7	0
                              Cecil Sapp	2	17	8.5	12	0
                              Dwayne Carswell	2	3	1.5	2	2
                              Now, this year, we have Smith and Walker, Plus Kircus/Marshall/Adams/Devoe - Scheff/Jackson.

That looks like a big upgrade to me.

We still have our number one receiver, and Walker shoudl easialy be able to match Lelie's production, plus is better on the slants and other over the middle stuff.

Scheffler and Jackson should combine for significantly more catches than Putz, and Adams/Devoe/Alexander are still on the team, but we have the addition of Kircus.

More importantly, if we want, we can run 4 or 5 wide from the first game of the season (even if Marshall is not ready to go). Day one we can throw Smith, Walker, Scheff, Kircus and Devoe/Jackson/Adams out in a 5 wide formation, which wasn't much of an option last year.

There has been a significant upgrade in both WR and TE this year, which was desperately needed.
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X