Charlie Adams over Darius Watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie

Charlie is my favorite player i even have his jersey and thanks for showing him some love and not just being jerks

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by tnedator
      I feel pretty confident that at that time, everyone is going to be singing a different toon. While it might take a few games to solidify (especially with Marshall's injury), I believe that by the bye we will be talking about how this is the best group of Broncos receivers (Overall, top three WR + TEs) in the last 20 years.

How are you justifying this?

Shannon Sharpe alone is better then our entire group of TE's at this point. You can throw in Byron Chamberlein and a younger Duane Carswell and it's not even comparable.

Rod Smith in his prime is better then SMith now, and Walker. Throw in Ed McAffery, and you have one of the most consistent 1-2 WR punch in a good few years i the NFL.

Forget about the Javon Walker hype. He has had a very good year and a half and he could be a grewat one for Denver. He could also bust, or tear his knee up again. I think it's quite clear that actual production in the NFL is better then hype, and that was something then Smith/McAffery have over Smith/Walker.

I'm not saying your wrong or way off base, I'm just curious why you think this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seamus22015
        You gotta be kidding me. This can only mean that Adam's work on Special Teams meant more then keeping a potentially dangerous backup WR.

I can't believe this myself. Nothing against Adams but no way he is a stronger keeper then Watts. NO WAY!!!

Charlie is just more valueable, maybe Watts had disciplinary problems or morale problems with other players

GIVE CHARLIE A BREAK

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by JLesSPE
          Personally, I'm sick of DWatts, Devoe, and Adams. I think we should've cut them all and just picked up whatever was out there. We've had Devoe and Adams for a few years now and its been the same thing. They're always "almost" players and never do anything during the season. If one of our big time receivers goes down we'll sign somebody before we let one of these guys take over a number 2 or 3 spot. If we're gonna have crappy guys on the team at least change who they are from time to time to keep me from getting bored!!

I think devoe is a keeper for now. I will rather adams return kicks that any one else, because I don't want kircus or williams to get hurt. as per watts. He and lelie, drop too many balls, I still remember last year.

I love smith, but marshall and kircus and javon, maybe the future. together with our new TE>
          :nono: :devil:

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
            How are you justifying this?

Shannon Sharpe alone is better then our entire group of TE's at this point. You can throw in Byron Chamberlein and a younger Duane Carswell and it's not even comparable.

Rod Smith in his prime is better then SMith now, and Walker. Throw in Ed McAffery, and you have one of the most consistent 1-2 WR punch in a good few years i the NFL.

Forget about the Javon Walker hype. He has had a very good year and a half and he could be a grewat one for Denver. He could also bust, or tear his knee up again. I think it's quite clear that actual production in the NFL is better then hype, and that was something then Smith/McAffery have over Smith/Walker.

I'm not saying your wrong or way off base, I'm just curious why you think this?
            I am not justifying it. I simply stated my 'opinion' and that is that by the bye, we will be talking about how this is the best group of Broncos receivers (Overall, top three WR + TEs) in the last 20 years.

I agree, production over hype. I have said similar things many times. That is why I am not trying to convince you or anyone else, but simply stating my opinion that this will turn out to be the best group of receivers (top 3 WR + TE combined) that we have had in 20 years.

It is not a guarantee, because they haven't played real games yet, but that is how I think this group will turn out.

Even though I have addressed in other posts what I think about this group, I will answer your question about 'why' I 'think' this. This is not me trying to convince anyone, this is simply me stating my opinion of what 'I think' will happen, there is NO way for me to prove it, because I would have to be able to see into the future to do that.

Ok, I think Rod will provide at least as much production as Maccafrey did, and Walker will provide as much production as Rod did in his prime. I believe that either Marshall or Kircus will become a better 3rd wide receiver than we have had during that time frame, and while neither Scheffler nor Jackson will likely be as good as Sharpe this year (and probably will never be as good), I believe that having a legitimate 3rd WR will make up for any differences at the TE position.

Anyway, that is basically it in a nutshell. I am not going to try and convince anyone, because it is impossible. Hence the reason I said we would need to evaluate it at the bye to see how this group of receivers shake out.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tnedator
              I am not justifying it. I simply stated my 'opinion' and that is that by the bye, we will be talking about how this is the best group of Broncos receivers (Overall, top three WR + TEs) in the last 20 years.

I agree, production over hype. I have said similar things many times. That is why I am not trying to convince you or anyone else, but simply stating my opinion that this will turn out to be the best group of receivers (top 3 WR + TE combined) that we have had in 20 years.

It is not a guarantee, because they haven't played real games yet, but that is how I think this group will turn out.

Even though I have addressed in other posts what I think about this group, I will answer your question about 'why' I 'think' this. This is not me trying to convince anyone, this is simply me stating my opinion of what 'I think' will happen, there is NO way for me to prove it, because I would have to be able to see into the future to do that.

Ok, I think Rod will provide at least as much production as Maccafrey did, and Walker will provide as much production as Rod did in his prime. I believe that either Marshall or Kircus will become a better 3rd wide receiver than we have had during that time frame, and while neither Scheffler nor Jackson will likely be as good as Sharpe this year (and probably will never be as good), I believe that having a legitimate 3rd WR will make up for any differences at the TE position.

Anyway, that is basically it in a nutshell. I am not going to try and convince anyone, because it is impossible. Hence the reason I said we would need to evaluate it at the bye to see how this group of receivers shake out.
              Maybe sharpe was great, but we need more diversity. we now have three good receiver and a good rookie TE, that I think will be great.

I rather have it more balance, than a good TE>

Comment

• Guys I really think this is going off on a tangent. I didn't really mean it to when I posted originally.

I would like to say that I really like Devoe and Kircus. These guys aren't scrubs. I think in time they will prove to be good additions.

My distain comes from cutting Watts. Special teams or not, I don't think Adams is more of an asset. Shannahan talked at length last year about putting your best 11 out on the field, and to a large extent, I agree with our starters. But those starters need to rest once in a while. When they are resting...who do I want to see on the field as the next best WR? Watts, Marshall, Kircus, and Devoe in this order.

Watts may have struggled last year but there are a ton of players who have sophmore slumps and bounce back. I think he would have been good for us this year.

Adams doesn't belong on this team in my opinion. Now I'm affraid that we have lost Watts for good.

By the way, has anyone been to practice this year? Did you see Watts playing special teams at all? Was he used as a returner at all? How did he do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seamus22015
                  Guys I really think this is going off on a tangent. I didn't really mean it to when I posted originally.

I would like to say that I really like Devoe and Kircus. These guys aren't scrubs. I think in time they will prove to be good additions.

My distain comes from cutting Watts. Special teams or not, I don't think Adams is more of an asset. Shannahan talked at length last year about putting your best 11 out on the field, and to a large extent, I agree with our starters. But those starters need to rest once in a while. When they are resting...who do I want to see on the field as the next best WR? Watts, Marshall, Kircus, and Devoe in this order.

Watts may have struggled last year but there are a ton of players who have sophmore slumps and bounce back. I think he would have been good for us this year.

Adams doesn't belong on this team in my opinion. Now I'm affraid that we have lost Watts for good.

By the way, has anyone been to practice this year? Did you see Watts playing special teams at all? Was he used as a returner at all? How did he do?

I think that watts slow develop is too much now. because, I don't think the broncos want adams anymore, specially not after trying to deal him to dallas. There is something there, because Parcel wanted him in dallas. Watts is not good for anything else and I am not going to forgive him the last three pases for TD that has gone thru his hand on the end zone. sorry, but I wanted him out.

Comment

• I personally think that the reason we went with Adams over Watts is because he is cheaper. Watts would be going into the 3rd year of his 2nd round draft pick contract and he would be costing us too much money for the role he would be asked to play for us. I do think we need to go out and get a special teams player ie KR/PR that would be an upgrade over Adams but all in all Watts was just going to cost us too much money.
                    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed
                      You base this on what? Not on what Shanahan tells you?

no my opinion

watts dropped the ball, way to much. he may have speed but it does him no good to run without the football. as a reciever we were taught if you can touch it then you must catch it.

marshall has caught the ball so far. he may not be as fast, but he can catch, plus he also has the size to sheild the ball, which somewhat makes up for the lack of speed
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                      X