Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Squad Announced

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...8&storyID=5904

BRONCOS SIGN EIGHT PLAYERS TO PRACTICE SQUAD; REACH INJURY SETTLEMENT WITH LB HOLLOWELL

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos on Sunday signed eight players to their practice squad, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced. Players signed to Denver’s practice squad were defensive tackle Antwon Burton, wide receiver Brian Clark, defensive tackle Amon Gordon, center/guard Rob Hunt, running back Damien Nash, quarterback Preston Parsons, cornerback Jeff Shoate and linebacker Cameron Vaughn.

In addition, the club waived T.J. Hollowell from the reserve/injured list after reaching an injury settlement with the linebacker.

Burton (6-foot-2, 318 pounds) is a rookie defensive tackle who was waived by Denver on Saturday after spending training camp with the team. Signed by the Broncos on May 3 as a college free agent from Temple University, Burton made three tackles (1 solo) for the Broncos in four preseason games (1 start) this year.

Clark (6-foot-2, 204 pounds) is a rookie wide receiver who was waived by Denver on Saturday after spending training camp with the team. Signed by the Broncos on May 3 as a college free agent from North Carolina State University, Clark saw action in all four preseason games this year and led Denver in kickoff returns with 10 for 233 yards (23.3 avg.).

Gordon (6-foot-2, 319 pounds) is a third-year defensive tackle who was waived by Denver on Saturday after spending training camp with the team. Claimed off waivers by the Broncos from Cleveland on March 22, Gordon totaled five tackles (4 solo) for Denver in four preseason games this year.

Hunt (6-foot-3, 283 pounds) is a first-year center/guard who was waived by Denver on Tuesday after spending training camp with the team. Hunt, who spent last season on the Broncos’ practice squad after the club signed him on Sept. 3, 2005, played two games with Denver in the preseason this year.

Nash (5-foot-10, 220 pounds) is a second-year running back who was waived by Denver on Saturday after joining the club as a free agent on Aug. 3. Nash, who was waived by Tennessee on July 31, played two preseason games with Denver this year and ranked fourth on the team with 72 rushing yards on 14 carries (5.1 avg.) with one touchdown.

Parsons (6-foot-4, 235 pounds) is a third-year quarterback who was waived by Denver on Saturday after spending training camp with the team. Parsons, who was signed by Denver to a future contract on Jan. 3 and was Arizona’s third quarterback for every game from 2002-03, did not see any game action at quarterback for the Broncos in the preseason this year.

Shoate (5-foot-10, 180 pounds) is a third-year cornerback who was waived by Denver on Saturday after spending training camp with the team. Shoate, who was selected by the Broncos in the fifth round (152nd overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft from San Diego State University, posted four tackles (2 solo) and one pass breakup in four preseason games for Denver this year.

Vaughn (6-foot-4, 241 pounds) is a rookie linebacker who was waived by Denver on Saturday after spending training camp with the team. Signed by the Broncos on May 3 as a college free agent from Louisiana State University, Vaughn ranked third on Denver with 13 tackles (7 solo) to go along with two special-teams tackles in four preseason games (1 start) this year.

Good, I am really glad we signed several of them (Parson, Nash, VAughn, Shoate and Clark). I don't know about Parsons, but I think the other four still have some potential that could be realized down the road. I didn't really follow Hunt, Gordan and Burton, so I am not familiar with them.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Great choices. I'm glad they picked up their own players and not from someone else's roster. Just read Houston picked up Roc Alex. and still want to pick up a rb. Maybe Dayne?

Comment

clarke, nash, vaughn, and parsons all look like players who could have some potential down the road. . . . i'd really like to see us go after skyler green, babatunde oshinowo, and possibly terna nande. . . .

EDIT: i'm a little surprised that tyler everett didn't make it. . . .
        Last edited by dogfish; 09-03-2006, 02:58 PM.
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I'd also prefer Oshinowo, but it's good to see 2 DT's on the Practice Squad with only 3 on the active roster.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Borrrrringggg...

Comment

A few names I was hoping to see make the practice squad were Rashon Powers Neal and Tyler Everitt but the group seems pretty good. I hope one of those DT's is ready for a call up sometime during the season. :paper:

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco
                Great choices. I'm glad they picked up their own players and not from someone else's roster. Just read Houston picked up Roc Alex. and still want to pick up a rb. Maybe Dayne?
                looks like houston is going to be denvers left overs...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  Borrrrringggg...
                  Come on, WABronco. If you don't find it interesting, then just skip it. Some of us like knowing what young guys we kept around.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                    clarke, nash, vaughn, and parsons all look like players who could have some potential down the road. . . . i'd really like to see us go after skyler green, babatunde oshinowo, and possibly terna nande. . . .

EDIT: i'm a little surprised that tyler everett didn't make it. . . .
                    Same here, I thought Everett would be kept around for development.

I also was glad they kept Parsons because, even though I thought it was the plan, I was worried they might not be concerned about the lack of a 3rd QB.
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Same here, I thought Everett would be kept around for development.

I also was glad they kept Parsons because, even though I thought it was the plan, I was worried they might not be concerned about the lack of a 3rd QB.
                      They might also be trying to breed an effective #2 for Cutler in the future for when Jake does eventually leave the team.
                      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                        Good, I am really glad we signed several of them (Parson, Nash, VAughn, Shoate and Clark). I don't know about Parsons, but I think the other four still have some potential that could be realized down the road. I didn't really follow Hunt, Gordan and Burton, so I am not familiar with them.
                        Considering that we only have two qbs on the active roster its good idea to keep Parson around. Also since he's been with us since the beginning of the offseason he should at the very least have a working knowledge of the playbook.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Come on, WABronco. If you don't find it interesting, then just skip it. Some of us like knowing what young guys we kept around.
                          Wow...relax. I'm talking about the players we kept, not the topic.

I wanted to add some other guys, but whatever. It didn't turn out that way, so it's........borrrrrrrring.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                            Wow...relax. I'm talking about the players we kept, not the topic.

I wanted to add some other guys, but whatever. It didn't turn out that way, so it's........borrrrrrrring.
                            Gotcha. I thought you were just being rude to the original poster for relaying the info.
                            ------

Comment

Gotcha. I thought you were just being rude to the original poster for relaying the info.
                              Cool cool...

Comment

Working...
                              X