X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    The way waivers works is different though. Pittsburgh was after us in the draft (won the Super Bowl) so we could have picked him up. We weren't interested, and we didn't take him. Texans get the first and fresh picks from waivers because they were dead last. If we wanted Harris, we could have signed him to an offer sheet before the Steelers did.
    I aint sure about that, I dont think we can claim him onto our practice squad if they designate him as their practice squad player, if we wanted to claim him off waivers, we would have to claim him onto our 53 man roster being cutting him and signing him onto our own practice squad

Leave a comment:

• 62OlinesDad
    replied
    Pretty solid list. . . would rather see Orien Harris or Babitunde on there than who. . . Amon Gordon? Oh well. Nice to see Vaughn make the list.

I agree with you on Orien Harris. He is an awesome player.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoInMich
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_In_Ohio
    Was hoping that Tyler Everett would make the practice squad. Thought he could be a solid backup or a good special teams guy at least in the future

+1 tyler everett will end up on someones ps

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_In_Ohio
    replied
    Was hoping that Tyler Everett would make the practice squad. Thought he could be a solid backup or a good special teams guy at least in the future

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    pitt already put harris on their PS. . . .
    The way waivers works is different though. Pittsburgh was after us in the draft (won the Super Bowl) so we could have picked him up. We weren't interested, and we didn't take him. Texans get the first and fresh picks from waivers because they were dead last. If we wanted Harris, we could have signed him to an offer sheet before the Steelers did.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Pretty solid list. . . would rather see Orien Harris or Babitunde on there than who. . . Amon Gordon? Oh well. Nice to see Vaughn make the list.

pitt already put harris on their PS. . . .

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
    I would rather have Tyler Everett on the PS that say, Jeff Shoate.
    I'm guessing we chose to keep Shoate because we're only carrying 5 corners (4 CB's and one flex guy in Cox).

I bet the same goes for Burton and Gordon...although I'm hoping we'll find a way to upgrade our DT depth without having to use those two, at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    They might also be trying to breed an effective #2 for Cutler in the future for when Jake does eventually leave the team.
    That's true, now that BVP is a goner. Also, I remember reading that they didn't want Cutler running the scout team because they preferred for him to be working exclusively on the Broncos' playbook.

Still, I was relieved to see Parsons signed to the P.S. because the Broncos often seem to leave me from their (in)actions.

Leave a comment:

• CB Bronco Fan
    replied
    I would rather have Tyler Everett on the PS that say, Jeff Shoate.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    Gotcha. I thought you were just being rude to the original poster for relaying the info.
    Cool cool...

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Wow...relax. I'm talking about the players we kept, not the topic.

I wanted to add some other guys, but whatever. It didn't turn out that way, so it's........borrrrrrrring.
    Gotcha. I thought you were just being rude to the original poster for relaying the info.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Come on, WABronco. If you don't find it interesting, then just skip it. Some of us like knowing what young guys we kept around.
    Wow...relax. I'm talking about the players we kept, not the topic.

I wanted to add some other guys, but whatever. It didn't turn out that way, so it's........borrrrrrrring.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Good, I am really glad we signed several of them (Parson, Nash, VAughn, Shoate and Clark). I don't know about Parsons, but I think the other four still have some potential that could be realized down the road. I didn't really follow Hunt, Gordan and Burton, so I am not familiar with them.
    Considering that we only have two qbs on the active roster its good idea to keep Parson around. Also since he's been with us since the beginning of the offseason he should at the very least have a working knowledge of the playbook.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Same here, I thought Everett would be kept around for development.

I also was glad they kept Parsons because, even though I thought it was the plan, I was worried they might not be concerned about the lack of a 3rd QB.
    They might also be trying to breed an effective #2 for Cutler in the future for when Jake does eventually leave the team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X