Jake's road rage case going to trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake's road rage case going to trial

Looks like Jake is going to put his fate in the hands of a jury.

Maybe it will work for him, but it seems like he should have tried to get this out of the news. Now, it's in the background for the next several weeks.

I would think Jake doesn't need this type of distraction. I think he's risking quite a bit choosing this course of action...

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Jake Plummer's will face trial for an alleged road rage incident after the Denver Broncos quarterback and municipal court prosecutors failed to reach a deal Tuesday, Plummer's attorney Harvey Steinberg told The Denver Post.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/06/plummer.roadrage.ap/index.html]See the rest of the article....[/URL]
    Last edited by broncos_mtnman; 09-06-2006, 09:53 AM.
    sigpic

i thought they reach some type of settlement months ago....when did this surface???
    sigpic

Comment

Well, he'd better hope you don't get called up for jury duty, huh MntMan?
      Mnt: Hang 'im!
      Judge: Uh, you can't apply the death penalty to this case..
      Mntman: Hang 'im anyway!
      Last edited by Pandapeep; 09-06-2006, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Gonna go out on a ledge here...Maybe he is Innocent?

Maybe he doesnt want some jackhole to get hush money when he knows he didnt do it?

Any guess is a good one at this point but I think I'll stick with mine.

First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

Maybe it will work for him, but it seems like he should have tried to get this out of the news. Now, it's in the background for the next several weeks.

I would think Jake doesn't need this type of distraction. I think he's risking quite a bit choosing this course of action...

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Jake Plummer's will face trial for an alleged road rage incident after the Denver Broncos quarterback and municipal court prosecutors failed to reach a deal Tuesday, Plummer's attorney Harvey Steinberg told The Denver Post.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/06/plummer.roadrage.ap/index.html]See the rest of the article....[/URL]

I doubt it will be much if any kind of distraction. Its annoying and will take up a little of his free time that's about it Mntman.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Whoopity Do!

So Jake has to go to court. So what. It's not like he beat someone up, or brandished a firearm at someone, or even smacked around his girlfriend <- All of which have been done recently by NFL players with NO REPERCUSSIONS to the offending player.

This is silly, the WORST that will happen in a case like this would be a small fine and maybe some community service. It's not like Jake's going to jail or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBroncosJM

Maybe he doesnt want some jackhole to get hush money when he knows he didnt do it?

You obviously know nothing about CRIMINAL trials.

This isn't a civil case between two people. This is a criminal (a minor one) charge. The plea deal that fell through wouldn't have involved any money, other than possible fines.

Your use of the word "jackhole" gives a clear indication as to your feelings in the matter. Just get your facts straight.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandapeep
                Well, he'd better hope you don't get called up for jurt duty, huh MntMan?
                Mnt: Hang 'im!
                Judge: Uh, you can't apply the death penalty to this case..
                Mntman: Hang 'im anyway!

ROTFLOL!!

Let me at him....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBroncosJM

I agree, maybe he is innocent and thinks the right thing to do is to not pay someone money for something he didnt do. I dont know exactly what happened, but there are alot of people that will try and get money out of someone if they know they are a rich celebrity. So, if this is the case, I applaud him for this....

Comment

You are correct I didnt read the bottom of your post, I was wrong.

BUT that doesnt mean he still does not feel he is innocent, so why should he accept a plea deal.

First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

Comment

ROTFLOL!!

Let me at him....
                      If Jake's luck is as good as Steven Alexander's blocking during the AFCCG, you can expect that letter in your mail by tonight.
                      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I too wish this wasn't an issue going into the season but if Jake feels he didn't do it then he should go to trial and prove he is not guilty. If he is guilty and is just trying to beat the rap...then I wish he'd pleabargined.

Either way, the man has a right to face his accuser in a court of law. The fact that he is an NFL quarterback is an unfortunate distraction but is inconsequential. Jake should not be blamed for taking this matter to court rather than settling. If I didn't cause the wreck I'd probably go to court too.

I wasn't there so I don't know who did what. But you have to give the man the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty and respect his wish to have his case heard.

Comment

What's that saying...?

Oh yeah, innocent till proven guilty.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                          - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                            What's that saying...?

Oh yeah, innocent till proven guilty.
                            OK...

I never said he was guilty. I didn't even imply it.

What I said was he is taking a chance with a jury trial. A plea deal would have kept this out of the news and allowed him to get on with his life.

I think that strategy (considering some of his other well known anger issues) could be a little risky.

If he's truly innocent, then I hope this works for him, but lesser celebrities have gone down for less than this.

And, it keeps an off-the-field distraction in the news for another month.
                            sigpic

Comment

Half your posts are dogging on Jake, that's enough implying for me.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                              - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
                              X