Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanahan claims he still hasn't decided who will start at RB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ya right! as meticulous, paranoid and anal as shanny is, he knows who the starting running back is and so does the starting running back. dont let shanny fool you.

    do you guys really think shanny has not decided on a starting running back yet? think about it!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rupert
      ya right! as meticulous, paranoid and anal as shanny is, he knows who the starting running back is and so does the starting running back. dont let shanny fool you.

      do you guys really think shanny has not decided on a starting running back yet? think about it!

      shanahan scripts the first 15 plays, or so, so i'd be surprised if he didn't have one back in mind when he was developing his game plan and drawing up plays.

      also, there isn't enough time to practice 3 backs with the first team. i think you pick one guy and go with him.

      i think shanahan knows but isn't telling to make it harder for other teams to game plan. the thing is, if i'm the opposing coach, i'm guessing m bell gets the start and putting most of my prep into him. which raises this question: shanahan likes to do what he thinks you least expect him to do: would he start t bell or cobbs just to throw the rams a curve? and if this strategy works, would shanahan continue to use a "any back could start" policy to keep opponents off-balance? and what does that do to a back when he's not starting from week to week?
      Go Bears!

      Comment


      • #18
        Well he'll probably go with Mike Bell just like he went with Mike Anderson over Tatum. That's just because their names are Mike just like his.

        If you believe that, then you have someone on here call you out and say :idiot: .

        Seriously, I'd insert Tatum Bell for 150 yards on St. Louis. Hey Mikey, start Tatum Bell.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by cabroncofanatic
          shanahan scripts the first 15 plays, or so, so i'd be surprised if he didn't have one back in mind when he was developing his game plan and drawing up plays.

          also, there isn't enough time to practice 3 backs with the first team. i think you pick one guy and go with him.

          i think shanahan knows but isn't telling to make it harder for other teams to game plan. the thing is, if i'm the opposing coach, i'm guessing m bell gets the start and putting most of my prep into him. which raises this question: shanahan likes to do what he thinks you least expect him to do: would he start t bell or cobbs just to throw the rams a curve? and if this strategy works, would shanahan continue to use a "any back could start" policy to keep opponents off-balance? and what does that do to a back when he's not starting from week to week?
          Even if they are scripted the only difference in the three guys is.

          Two run with authority.
          One runs scared or scares folks when he runs, depending on your view of tater.

          tater runs wide better than the other two and Mike Bell-Cobb's run better through the line.

          So the only difference in the script would be run at them or run away from them.

          My bet is we go at them. Until they are gun shy and then we run wide.

          MB CC and then dose of tater to give them a breather.

          The reasons for the script is to see how they react to what we do on the plays. Like Chessmaster that is setting up checkmate five or six moves ahead, Mikey is making notes on what he is gonna do the next couple of series.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by rupert
            ya right! as meticulous, paranoid and anal as shanny is, he knows who the starting running back is and so does the starting running back. dont let shanny fool you.

            do you guys really think shanny has not decided on a starting running back yet? think about it!
            I 100% agree. He and the team knows, just not telling. We need this win to get off firing.

            Comment


            • #21
              i heard on 950 that they were 97% sure it was tater. - i dont really know what 97% means but thats what they said.

              i think it will be tatum- i have been a big critic of his but he really impressed me preseason, also the rams d, isnt it slow getting to the outside, all the more reason they will go wtih tatum

              how i see it

              tatum starts, and plays most of the game (unless he is lights out tearing it up, and i mean like 200+ yards) then they will add a dash of mbell maybe 5-10 plays, and bring in cobby for cleanup duty, to wear them down further and run out the clock.

              if it works out this way, then mbell will be 3rd string bye week 4 or 5 and may not play much after that. No way shanny goes with a 3 headed monster past week 4 or 5
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by underrated29
                i heard on 950 that they were 97% sure it was tater. - i dont really know what 97% means but thats what they said.

                i think it will be tatum- i have been a big critic of his but he really impressed me preseason, also the rams d, isnt it slow getting to the outside, all the more reason they will go wtih tatum

                how i see it

                tatum starts, and plays most of the game (unless he is lights out tearing it up, and i mean like 200+ yards) then they will add a dash of mbell maybe 5-10 plays, and bring in cobby for cleanup duty, to wear them down further and run out the clock.

                if it works out this way, then mbell will be 3rd string bye week 4 or 5 and may not play much after that. No way shanny goes with a 3 headed monster past week 4 or 5
                I can tell you this.....Tatum wont keep the job long if he's called upon. I remember how Shanny ran Q inside against Jacksonville. Over and over without gaining a yard. Shanny needs a back that can run inside. As much as I like Tatum, I think he's best suited for coming off the pine. If he can get his pad level down and run up the middle, he would easily be the starter. IMO Tatum runs to upright to be effective between the tackles.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                  I can tell you this.....Tatum wont keep the job long if he's called upon. I remember how Shanny ran Q inside against Jacksonville. Over and over without gaining a yard. Shanny needs a back that can run inside. As much as I like Tatum, I think he's best suited for coming off the pine. If he can get his pad level down and run up the middle, he would easily be the starter. IMO Tatum runs to upright to be effective between the tackles.

                  right there with ya on that- and i never liked q running for us except on screens.

                  my man is cobby- i predicted dayne would be a hass for us for 2 years then cobbs would step in and dominate and be mvp back 2 back and so forth and so on.

                  right now i am 0-1, but i will be happy with 50%-go cobbs

                  thats my kind a runner, the kind that would rather sacrifice a couple o yards so he can attack and lay out a player instead. a bruiser.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by underrated29
                    right there with ya on that- and i never liked q running for us except on screens.

                    my man is cobby- i predicted dayne would be a hass for us for 2 years then cobbs would step in and dominate and be mvp back 2 back and so forth and so on.

                    right now i am 0-1, but i will be happy with 50%-go cobbs

                    thats my kind a runner, the kind that would rather sacrifice a couple o yards so he can attack and lay out a player instead. a bruiser.
                    I havent seen Cobbs enough to know how effective he can be running outside. Personally I am tired of the committee approach. I want those days back with the feature back. I know Shanny prefers that but hasnt found that "stud Buffalo". Maybe it's Cobbs or M. Bell. I just have a feeling it isnt Tatum.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                      I havent seen Cobbs enough to know how effective he can be running outside. Personally I am tired of the committee approach. I want those days back with the feature back. I know Shanny prefers that but hasnt found that "stud Buffalo". Maybe it's Cobbs or M. Bell. I just have a feeling it isnt Tatum.

                      once again agreement, but until cobbs or even mbel show they are him, i think it will be rbbc for a while
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If I am not mistaken I was the ONLY ONE who picked Mike Bell way back in May and June!!

                        Thank you very much!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ghostdawg
                          If I am not mistaken I was the ONLY ONE who picked Mike Bell way back in May and June!!

                          Thank you very much!!
                          ...and I'm still picking Tatum for the start on Sunday!

                          *saves post URL for future use*

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by WABronco
                            ...and I'm still picking Tatum for the start on Sunday!

                            *saves post URL for future use*
                            Even if they split... I still win, I told people he would be playing in week one and everyone laughed!! So either way I was right!! lets just hope Denver wins!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ghostdawg
                              Even if they split... I still win, I told people he would be playing in week one and everyone laughed!! So either way I was right!! lets just hope Denver wins!

                              well ghostdoggy dog,

                              it had to be sometime in june cuz you didnt even sign up til then
                              but i give ya credit..

                              i thought it would be dayne
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Ghostdawg
                                Even if they split... I still win, I told people he would be playing in week one and everyone laughed!! So either way I was right!! lets just hope Denver wins!
                                Oh, ok, nvm then...

                                But, LET IT BE KNOWN! I am picking Tatum as the starter for Week 1!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X