Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this be the year that Ashley Lelie steps up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will this be the year that Ashley Lelie steps up?

    I don't wanna say he is a bust(yet), but even the often injured Donte' Stallworth has been more effective than that of a healthy Lelie. Will this be the year that he becomes our "premiere receiver", or will he regress further than what he did last year?

  • #2
    he better step up, he doesn't have much room left to step down...
    Rod will still be our Premier receiver, Ashley will have to be more porductive on a consistent babsis. Hopefully he has been using the offseson to beef up and get in shape and practice to make the next step.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I think we need to draft a 1st day WR to push him into that role. Maybe fear will motivate him.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think we should get a WR on the first day no matter what. It would probably motivate Lelie a bit more you're right, but Rod is getting old and this is the perfect draft to find his future replacement.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have faith that Lelie will be fine. Lets not forget Mike has a very complex playbook and also requires receivers to block.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncofanohio
            I have faith that Lelie will be fine. Lets not forget Mike has a very complex playbook and also requires receivers to block.
            Thank you Captain Obvious. Most of us lifelong BRONCOS didn't know that our WRs do indeed block when a run is called. And all this time we all thought they just ran all the way down the field and pretended it was a pass play. Thanks for the tip And what does blocking have to do with Lelie being totally ineffective and dropping balls?:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by broncofanohio
              I have faith that Lelie will be fine. Lets not forget Mike has a very complex playbook and also requires receivers to block.
              Lelie said the the playbook complexity wasn't a factor because the playbook he had in Hawaii was much more complex than what it is Denver. He said something to the effect that depending on how the defense lined up, he would have to adjust his route up to 4 different ways for every pass play. He said that they don't do that in Denver.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think the poor competition that Hawaii faced in his college career is the problem. He just hasn't adjusted well to NFL competition, and if he doesn't adjust this year you can lump him together with Deltha and Willie as failed 1st rounders Shanny has picked.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                  I think the poor competition that Hawaii faced in his college career is the problem. He just hasn't adjusted well to NFL competition, and if he doesn't adjust this year you can lump him together with Deltha and Willie as failed 1st rounders Shanny has picked.

                  Yeah, I agree.

                  With all the crap that we read about him not stepping up. Im sure he's gotten the message. We'll see if he actually can do anything about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt . . . almost all recivers not named Randy Moss need at least two or three years to adjust to NFL competition . . . I think you will see results this year . . .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by duaneok66
                      I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt . . . almost all recivers not named Randy Moss need at least two or three years to adjust to NFL competition . . . I think you will see results this year . . .
                      Yeah but look at Anquan Boldin, and Andre Johnson. Way more effective than Lelie was in his first or second year. Both of those guys were on teams that actually played good, competitive teams.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Shanahan put out in his last show that he was disappointed in Lelie's perfomance and he would need to step it up for next year. I think Lelie already feels the pressure and will either improve by leaps and bounds or be replaced.

                        If he does not have a Great training camp and great pre-season games, I think he loses his starting position.
                        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                          Yeah but look at Anquan Boldin, and Andre Johnson. Way more effective than Lelie was in his first or second year. Both of those guys were on teams that actually played good, competitive teams.
                          good point . . . obviously, I was a little strong on the "almost all" . . . I think "majority" would've been a better term . . . I still think that Lelie can step up this year and be the legit #1 that Denver needs . . .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Lelie will have a big year he has shown flashes of greatness only to drop and easy catch, now that Eddy Mac is gone he knows he will be the starter and I think that alone will motivate him even more plus he has 2 years in the system and his work ethic is good I seem to remmeber Bronco Players talking about all the great catches he made in practice last year, but yes that was practice. I know one thing if he doesn't step up we are in trouble who do we have behind him or Rod nobody, and when did Haygood sign with the Chiefs I was just on the NFL.com site and was looking at reciever stats and noticed he was a Chief!!!!
                            Hope he is as good as Kennison is for them BLAAAAA
                            sigpic WHEC-724

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                              Thank you Captain Obvious. Most of us lifelong BRONCOS didn't know that our WRs do indeed block when a run is called. And all this time we all thought they just ran all the way down the field and pretended it was a pass play. Thanks for the tip And what does blocking have to do with Lelie being totally ineffective and dropping balls?:
                              Captain Obvious? Do you need to be so crass?
                              Don't you feel petty after that remark?
                              A simple agreement/disagreement w/additional input would suffice......imho
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

                              -- Samuel Adams

                              sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X