Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rod Smith's Carrer is over this year or next year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Smith's Carrer is over this year or next year....

Im going to get flamed for this. I love Rod i truly do. But the mas not going to be succesful in either this season or the next. He cant get any seperation from CB's anymore. they only have to bump and Run him and its over. Thats why it was stupid to let Ashley Go...
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

What is your background for this? This is something you might want to wait on posting until midseason. You know, when you might actually have some support for your claim.

As of now, Rod Smith is coming off of a Pro Bowl season and is still one of the best route runners in the game.

Comment

*sends ban request to mod*

Ridiculous. Give one valid reason why you think he's "done." And no, your gibberish about "they only have to play bump and run and it's over" doesn't count. Provide one, specific example.

He had catches of over 20 yards in all but 5 games. He had good deep pass metrics.

You were saying what, again?
      Last edited by WABronco; 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL
        Im going to get flamed for this. I love Rod i truly do. But the mas not going to be succesful in either this season or the next. He cant get any seperation from CB's anymore. they only have to bump and Run him and its over. Thats why it was stupid to let Ashley Go...
        don't have exactly have to have lightning speed to get separation from the defenders, if u run the routes right, it will happen, can't say he does or doesn't,i don't watch his games, but he made the pro bowl last year, so he did something right...
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe you know something that Mikey does not.

Rod ran circles around ashley, he will still be in the league after that primadonna is gone back to momma.

Comment

I'm not flarming you but your post makes no sense at all.
            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Ask Lito Sheppard if Rod Smith can't get seperation.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I think Rod runs the slant in the West Cost offense technically just as well as anybody in the league and that alone could keep him in the game for some time to come. The Broncos seem to be addressing the WR/TE spot for the future with all the draft picks last year plust Javon. 85 receptions for 1100 yds last year is far from done.

Comment

How come you're not the head coach?

Oh yeah..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                    Rod Smith's Carrer is over this year or next year or in two years or maybe in 3 or 4 ..... *yawns*
                    It is done when he wants it to be. He was probowl last year.

I used to say they should ban newbies from making threads maybe we should amend that!

Comment

I stated this earlier in the year. I didnt go as far as to say his career is over, he is still a very smart receiver, but he does struggle with bump and run. Cb's usually dont bump and run though, so he will still be in his 70-80 catch range.

I agree though ashley is more talented, but rod is still good at working the possession game.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Seperation can be made lots of ways besides speed. Rod is smart, and he is still in shape. He can go over, under and around most corners.

He makes his catches each week because people don't respect his ability to make things happen.

You can't base anything on his age, or his speed. He has never been that fast, he just knows where to be and when.

Rod will play until he decides to retire, he is just that good.
                        Dennis Smith, Simon Fletcher, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis and Rod Smith all belong in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Well this thread is doing just what you thought it would do. Many replies to it just as suspected.
                          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I guess Rod's time with the Broncos or career is over next year because they got Javon Walker.

Much like Jake's is over because they got Jay.

Comment

They only have to bump and run him and it's over?

Where is your evidence for this? :paper:

It seemed like it wasn't over when he went to the PRO-BOWL last year. :hammer:

Comment

Working...
                              X