Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rod Smith's Carrer is over this year or next year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Champ>NFL
    Im going to get flamed for this. I love Rod i truly do. But the mas not going to be succesful in either this season or the next. He cant get any seperation from CB's anymore. they only have to bump and Run him and its over. Thats why it was stupid to let Ashley Go...

....and we care what you think because....???

Comment

Rod Smith running one of his patented crossing routes is nearly indefensible!

NO ONE CAN STOP THE ROD SMITH CROSSING ROUTE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
        don't have exactly have to have lightning speed to get separation from the defenders, if u run the routes right, it will happen, can't say he does or doesn't,i don't watch his games, but he made the pro bowl last year, so he did something right...

Enough said, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
          Rod Smith running one of his patented crossing routes is nearly indefensible!

NO ONE CAN STOP THE ROD SMITH CROSSING ROUTE!!!
          Pittsburgh did.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
            Pittsburgh did.
            Not really....it was more along the lines of the ball never got to Rod.
            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              this coming from the guy that states that Plummer is "almost" as good as Elway....and Mike Bell got the starting job because he was a Bronco fan as a kid.
              doesnt matter who it comes from if its true then its true.

and if it comes from me, its true
              Last edited by Return of Lava; 09-09-2006, 09:29 AM.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                Not really....it was more along the lines of the ball never got to Rod.
                Well then the Pittsburgh defense was doing it's job then right? Take Smith out of the game, neutralize that crossing pattern... a combination of significant pressure and great coverage kept Rod Smith out of the game.
                sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Well then the Pittsburgh defense was doing it's job then right? Take Smith out of the game, neutralize that crossing pattern... a combination of significant pressure and great coverage kept Rod Smith out of the game.
                  i still cant believe we lost that game.

i was at a friends house in pittsburgh at the time(steeler fan), i walked outside to my car and everybody was just whootin and hollerin. i had to take off my broncos hat and put it in the trunk i was so embarrassed.

Time to wash it and put it on again!

We need to learn to match up with the better teams, forget the sorry teams we always roll over them. In the playoffs we just stop running the ball well. Thats why we needed a bigger back this year.
                  Last edited by Return of Lava; 09-09-2006, 09:35 AM.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava

i was at a friends house in pittsburgh at the time(steeler fan), i walked outside to my car and everybody was just whootin and hollerin. i had to take off my broncos hat and put it in the trunk i was so embarrassed.

We need to learn to match up with the better teams, forget the sorry teams we always roll over them. In the playoffs we just stop running the ball well. Thats why we needed a bigger back this year.
                    :offtopic:
                    Now here is a fair-weather fan. Why would you take it off, and of all things put it in the trunk? Extremely disappointing...

And how do you think that having a bigger back is the solution to our playoff woes?

With regard to the actual topic of the thread, Rod will be around at least 2-4 years I think. I see him playing a couple more good seasons, maybe another as a #2 or 3 and then hanging it up.

Comment

There are more problems in the playoffs we have than runningback. Our d-line had no pressure during the Pitt game and it was some bull**** playcalling. Why he didn't adjust, when he needed to the most, is beyond me.

We don't always do bad on good run defenses. Hell, the chargers have on of the best front 7's in the league and we face them twice a year. Tatum get's the starting nod and he produces 60 or so yards and 3 TDs including a nice 20 yard run up the middle for the TD.

Sadly, the Pittsburgh D is going to look as tough as ever and now we have to face them in their house, the terrible towels rotating in the fans hands as much as ever. Hopefully we can beat them now, but considering our lack of pass rush especially, I don't see it happening.
                      sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Im going to get flamed for this. I love Rod i truly do. But the mas not going to be succesful in either this season or the next. He cant get any seperation from CB's anymore. they only have to bump and Run him and its over. Thats why it was stupid to let Ashley Go...
                        You're kidding me right?

Rod was more productive than Ashley last year...

I find that this is the best part of the thread. He spelled career wrong.

:idiot:

:brick:

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Couldn't agree with you less. Last season I lost count of how many times be made a CB look stupid because of his PERFECT route running game.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hard to blame Rod Smith for that though, right? I think Chad Johnson would've been shut down as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
                              Hard to blame Rod Smith for that though, right? I think Chad Johnson would've been shut down as well.
                              I'm not blaming Rod, I'm just saying that the Pittsburgh D is one that could shut him, among other receivers down. Their defense is just that vicious.

The combination of pressure on the QB mixed with tight coverages and well placed double coverages make them a strong competitor, no doubt.
                              sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

doesnt matter who it comes from if its true then its true.

and if it comes from me, its true
                                YOu mean truly Bunk......

Comment

Working...
                                X