B Marsh ready for sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Marsh ready for sunday

-- There's too much swirling around Brandon Marshall for any jitters to shake the rookie wide receiver.

"(Nervousness) hasn't hit me yet," he said. "I'm still just trying to work my way back into the swing of things in practice."

There's completion of his recovery from a slight tear of the posterior cruciate ligament, which sidelined him for three preseason games and kept him out of practice from Aug. 13 until Aug. 29, when the Broncos began preparations for their preseason win over Arizona. There's his continued practice work in getting back to 100 percent.

But there's something more that keeps him busy -- and it's part of the job description of being a professional in the sport.

"I didn't think the transition from college to the NFL was going to be that big of a deal; the playbook is not too different. But the time you have to put into studying and game plan is the difference," Marshall said. "You tend to find yourself at home flipping through your game plan and playbook."

That's what happens when you're playing pro football instead of trying to balance a full courseload with practices and games.

"You've got a lot of time," Marshall said. "Too much time."

Whe he hasn't been studying, he's been continuing to get his knee back into shape at practice.

"I'm running around, of course," Marshall said. "I'm not 100 percent, but I have the ability to go out there and compete without putting a damper on my performance.

"It's just getting the reps -- more mentally than physically," he added. "That's what it is now. It's a mind game that I'm going to play with myself coming off the injury. I think everything will be all right once I get (Thursday) and (Friday) in."
    GO Baby TO,good luck sunday
    Last edited by DisturbedBronco; 09-08-2006, 01:24 AM.

is everyone passed out :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by DisturbedBronco
      -- There's too much swirling around Brandon Marshall for any jitters to shake the rookie wide receiver.

"(Nervousness) hasn't hit me yet," he said. "I'm still just trying to work my way back into the swing of things in practice."

There's completion of his recovery from a slight tear of the posterior cruciate ligament, which sidelined him for three preseason games and kept him out of practice from Aug. 13 until Aug. 29, when the Broncos began preparations for their preseason win over Arizona. There's his continued practice work in getting back to 100 percent.

But there's something more that keeps him busy -- and it's part of the job description of being a professional in the sport.

"I didn't think the transition from college to the NFL was going to be that big of a deal; the playbook is not too different. But the time you have to put into studying and game plan is the difference," Marshall said. "You tend to find yourself at home flipping through your game plan and playbook."

That's what happens when you're playing pro football instead of trying to balance a full courseload with practices and games.

"You've got a lot of time," Marshall said. "Too much time."

Whe he hasn't been studying, he's been continuing to get his knee back into shape at practice.

"I'm running around, of course," Marshall said. "I'm not 100 percent, but I have the ability to go out there and compete without putting a damper on my performance.

"It's just getting the reps -- more mentally than physically," he added. "That's what it is now. It's a mind game that I'm going to play with myself coming off the injury. I think everything will be all right once I get (Thursday) and (Friday) in."
      GO Baby TO,good luck sunday
      Is he ready to warm the bench on Sunday? He doesn't deserve any playing time as of right now since he didn't do squat in PS. He's going to have to wait his turn and fill in as the season progresses.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

I'll let the coaches make the call as to who starts... Quite frankly, I didn't see enough of the guy, so I'm pretty darn curious as to how he's gonna play. Then again, Kircus had his moments too. Who'da thunk, the Broncs with 3 (or more) real options at WR?????

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
          Is he ready to warm the bench on Sunday? He doesn't deserve any playing time as of right now since he didn't do squat in PS. He's going to have to wait his turn and fill in as the season progresses.
          Warm the bench huh,lol,i don't think so

Comment

Warm the bench huh,lol,i don't think so
            I'm trying very hard to understand a lot of our younger posters but please at least read what I had to say before you counter with a "huh, lol". I don't doubt the skills of Marshall but the guy hasn't actually shown anything yet so until he does, he is going to have to ride the bench, plain and simple. He'll get his opportunities.

Comment

Well. just because he hasn't shown anything in preseason, during which he was hurt, we have little to know clue how well Marshall has done in practice or continues to do. So, he might well not bench warm, and he may just, thus is football.

Comment

I'm trying very hard to understand a lot of our younger posters but please at least read what I had to say before you counter with a "huh, lol". I don't doubt the skills of Marshall but the guy hasn't actually shown anything yet so until he does, he is going to have to ride the bench, plain and simple. He'll get his opportunities.
                I think he'll be awesome and you think he will ride the bench,so we will see,you have your opinion and have mine it's all good

Comment

I think he'll be awesome and you think he will ride the bench,so we will see,you have your opinion and have mine it's all good
                  I don't doubt he will be awesome. He's got skills and a heck of a lot of potential. All I'm saying is he doesn't deserve the #3 spot at this time because Kircus beat him out fair and square. He'll get his opportunities though.

Comment

I'm excited to see what Marshall can bring. If he can play up to his hype and Kircus continues to show what he did in preseason, a 5 receiver set with Smith, Walker, Scheffler, Kircus and Marshall (coached by Dinger) will be pretty difficult to stop.

Comment

I don't doubt he will be awesome. He's got skills and a heck of a lot of potential. All I'm saying is he doesn't deserve the #3 spot at this time because Kircus beat him out fair and square. He'll get his opportunities though.
                      cool i feel you dude

Comment

As far as the #3 spot goes, none of the WR really deserve it.

Kircus lit it up against 2nd and 3rd team players, but then dropped 2 balls and didn't catch any against the only first team unit he played against.

Marshall hasn't been healthy enough to show that he's ready to step into that role yet, and it will take some time for him to earn it.

Devoe and Adams will never see anything higher then a #4 on the depth chart, and that's including injuries.

Right now, I'd have to say our #3 is Scheffler, sad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                          As far as the #3 spot goes, none of the WR really deserve it.

Kircus lit it up against 2nd and 3rd team players, but then dropped 2 balls and didn't catch any against the only first team unit he played against.
                          You do realize he was playing the same corners that would be matched up against him though right?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                            You do realize he was playing the same corners that would be matched up against him though right?

Facing units are an entirely different situation then facing individual players. It doesn't matter what position they play.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                              Facing units are an entirely different situation then facing individual players. It doesn't matter what position they play.
                              It does when they leave him one on one with that corner. Otherwise they are leaving either Smith, Walker, and possible Sheffler one on one. With any of those I would take my odds on us makeing a nice play.

Comment

Working...
                              X