Broncomania overconfident??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncomania overconfident??????

Seems that there arent many threads about the team we are facing. Weve had a couple of good analysis by some good posters. Other than that it kinda seems that we are over looking the Rams.

One thing I know about being a Bronco fan. We cant afford to underestimate a team. It's time to get this board fired up. I know I am. I'm goin to the game as I have said many times. It's my first and I'm just plain Jacked Up.

I'm looking for us to be Physical.. That's what I'd like to see. If we let the rams finesse us, it will be a long day. Warren and company has to put the smack down on Stephen Jackson. The defense has got to hit and hit hard.

On offensive......We just need to do what we do. Dominate the ground. I think we should be able to run the ball. I'd like to see a back in there that will punish the defense. I'm fired up :brick: Lets go Broncos :clap:

We aren't overconfident to blow out the rams we are just overconfident not to lose opening day even if it was the freggin colts! But there aint no sun this time folks and our starting RB that we gameplanned for will not be injured

Comment

I'm not over confident at all. If anything, I'm a little nervous. When I look at the Rams' roster I still see players like Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Stephen Jackson, Bulger, etc. They don't have the defense, but they most certainly have all the right tools on offense. I'm not so much worried about how well our offense will do, it's their offense that concerns me. If Denver thinks that they are just going to walk in to that dome and blow the Rams out of the water, they might need a dose of reality to wake them up because it's gonna be a fast paced, high scoring game.
      Originally posted by Soldier96B
      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
        I'm not over confident at all. If anything, I'm a little nervous. When I look at the Rams' roster I still see players like Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Stephen Jackson, Bulger, etc. They don't have the defense, but they most certainly have all the right tools on offense. I'm not so much worried about how well our offense will do, it's their offense that concerns me. If Denver thinks that they are just going to walk in to that dome and blow the Rams out of the water, they might need a dose of reality to wake them up because it's gonna be a fast paced, high scoring game.
        Nobody really knows if we have a bad defense or not this year. We have 7 new defensive starters along with a new coaching staff that's instilling an agressive, blitzing D that shows a lot of different looks.

Rams players and fans are very excited about this new year. You'd better hope your Broncos are ready because the dome will be rocking.

I have a feeling it's going to be a nail-biter for both teams.

Comment

The Rams are a good team.

It is okay for fans to look past the Rams or look over them. Just as long as the Bronco coaches, staff, and especially the players aren't looking past the Rams or any opponent.

This is an important away game for the Broncos. They need to start the season off with a win. Tatum Bell sure would look great moving on that turf.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

It'll be important for the Broncos to avoid a shootout. The Rams would love this as they have all the weapons to score a lot of points. Bulger is back in form from his injury, Holt is still one of the leagues best & Bruce can still play. Steven Jackson is going to have a really good year as well at RB. Their achellis heal is at defense.

Which brings me to the biggest key of the game & that's clock control: Nothing would make ME happier than seeing the Broncos extablish a running game early & keep the ball away from the Rams. Our run defense is going to be strong, so I'm not expecting Jackson to do much against us tomorrow. I'm more afraid of Bulger & his weapons at WR.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see Lynch lay a lick on Holt.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
              RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
              Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
              -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                The Rams are a good team.

It is okay for fans to look past the Rams or look over them. Just as long as the Bronco coaches, staff, and especially the players aren't looking past the Rams or any opponent.

This is an important away game for the Broncos. They need to start the season off with a win. Tatum Bell sure would look great moving on that turf.
                I would take a loss this game if we went on to duplicate last seasons final standings(regular season I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3
                  I would take a loss this game if we went on to duplicate last seasons final standings(regular season I mean)
                  I wish I could say the same thing, but we almost went in at least a 2-game hole early last season. What if Champ doesn't make that interception early in the 2nd half against San Diego last season? How would we have done?

That play, literally, changed our season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
                    I wish I could say the same thing, but we almost went in at least a 2-game hole early last season. What if Champ doesn't make that interception early in the 2nd half against San Diego last season? How would we have done?

That play, literally, changed our season.
                    I hate to say it, but this is a must win game. We've got to win games like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                      I hate to say it, but this is a must win game. We've got to win games like this.
                      That's the attitude I have as well. Our schedule isn't an easy one, and this is a road game we should take.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                        Seems that there arent many threads about the team we are facing. Weve had a couple of good analysis by some good posters. Other than that it kinda seems that we are over looking the Rams.

One thing I know about being a Bronco fan. We cant afford to underestimate a team. It's time to get this board fired up. I know I am. I'm goin to the game as I have said many times. It's my first and I'm just plain Jacked Up.

I'm looking for us to be Physical.. That's what I'd like to see. If we let the rams finesse us, it will be a long day. Warren and company has to put the smack down on Stephen Jackson. The defense has got to hit and hit hard.

On offensive......We just need to do what we do. Dominate the ground. I think we should be able to run the ball. I'd like to see a back in there that will punish the defense. I'm fired up :brick: Lets go Broncos :clap:
                        We can afford to overlook them and be supremely confident that we will beat them because all any of us will be doing will be watching the game on our TVs or at best (those lucky few) watching from the stands. Our confidence has nothing to do with what our team will actually do come game time. I doubt Shany and co. are overlooking them.

Fan's feelings ≠ coaching staff/players feelings

Comment

Sounds like we all pretty much are on the same page, confident but still leery. A shoot out would definitely be a bad thing; although that's how the Vikes went 15-1 in 1998...they just scored a butt load of points.

I must say though that I am way too excited for this game. We will have it televised live here on AFN (Armed Forces Network) at 8pm local time, which is perfect for me since I will be at work and able to watch it on the 52" plasma we have hanging on the wall.
                          Originally posted by Soldier96B
                          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

I hope the team thats only job is to play football is focused on the Rams right now unlike me trying to fix a broken aircraft over the phone (I am waiting on some results, yea hard at it!)

Anyhow, RazR stated my key to the game, time on the clock and possesion. I think Denver has the edge with a better running game to keep the ball on offense longer keeping it away from the Rams O. Special teams Ernster, keep them pinned deep!

The dome noise, mystery starting back, front four (who will start, are injuries healed?) and receiver, TE arraingment make it all exciting to see how we do.

Comment

Well all signs point toward the Broncos. St louis has a new head coach, new offenive philosophy and their Defense is suspect. So I think Denver wins in hostile St. louis. It might not be a blowout but I still think they'll kick ass!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X