No announcement yet.

Broncomania overconfident??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually when everyone picks us to win, we lose.

Comment

It will definately be a close game. And the Rams defence is way undderated. They have a great pass rusher in leonard little, one of the best FA pickups in LB Will witherspoon, and the got La'Roi glover, who is on the downslope of his carreer, but still a dominating force on the inside. And they got their 2 injured corners back from last year, that werent the greatest, but still above average. The only MAJOR weakness I see is safety for them. And their Offence will be great as usualwith Holt, Jackson, Bulger etc.

The good thing I can say though is thatv we match up great againt them on defence. We got 2 of the fastest corners in the league In D-will and Champ, DJ Williams is bigger and almost As fast as Steven Jackson and Ian or Foxxy can cover Curtis. Overall, I see this as last second bronco Victory. 27-24
      Last edited by Broncosfreak_56; 09-09-2006, 12:25 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

good thread. . . . while i myself do feel quite confident that we'll beat the rams, you know what they say about any given sunday. . . . every team in the NFL has talent-- the attempt to create parity has truly done well by this league. . . . i think the other posters have nailed it by saying that it doesn't matter what we think as long as the team is focused, and i can't see any reason to think they won't be. . . . i expect us to come out hungry after falling short last year-- guys like rod, nalen, and lynch aren't going to get all that many more opportunities, and i'm sure they will keep the guys motivated. . . .

this also brings up a point that i've been thinking about-- i'm quite frankly amazed that there hasn't been more discussion about the game. . . . i guess it's just not as EXCITING as the scintillating drama of beating the hell out of the dead horse that is the jake plummer topic. . . . :brick: :brick: :hammer: you'd think over half of the people who visit this site were unaware that there are even other players on the team-- what a bunch of gossipy little schoolgirls! our season opener is tomorrow, and how many threads on the front page have anything to do with it?

i started a thread on thursday hoping to get some discussion going, and it promptly died (there's a link in my sig if anyone is interested). . . . WABronco wrote an excellent thread that looks to be grimly hanging on at the bottom of the front page. . . . between us, we may have gotten 4-5 pages of responses. . . . write ANY thread with plummer's name in the title, and you're likely to get 15-20 pages of responses the first day. . . . it's making me have serious thoughts about moving to the orange mane, or looking for a board where people actually want to talk football, instead of all this stupid arguing. . . .

enjoy the game tomorrow-- i hope we all will!!

BRONCOS LOCOS!!!
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by RammerHammer
          Nobody really knows if we have a bad defense or not this year. We have 7 new defensive starters along with a new coaching staff that's instilling an agressive, blitzing D that shows a lot of different looks.

Rams players and fans are very excited about this new year. You'd better hope your Broncos are ready because the dome will be rocking.

I have a feeling it's going to be a nail-biter for both teams.
          Well, the defense may be improved from last year, but the chances of all seven new starters working out is very, very low. Some of those players are actually a downgrade. For example, Archuleta was a well sought after free agent and his presence helped the Rams.

Even if your defense has improved. The chances that it's improved enough to slow an offense like ours is unlikely.

The defense will still be weak enough to exploit. The Rams have a chance to win in a shootout, but our defense is pretty good to slow down the powerful Rams passing game.
          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
            Well, the defense may be improved from last year, but the chances of all seven new starters working out is very, very low. Some of those players are actually a downgrade. For example, Archuleta was a well sought after free agent and his presence helped the Rams.

Even if your defense has improved. The chances that it's improved enough to slow an offense like ours is unlikely.

The defense will still be weak enough to exploit. The Rams have a chance to win in a shootout, but our defense is pretty good to slow down the powerful Rams passing game.
            I agree.

What I think of when I think of teams that have a huge turnover like that is that even if there's an upgrade at those 7 positions... they haven't been starting together long enough to truly gel and have a good feeling for what their teamates will be doing.

Add in a new philosophy... and well, I just think that they're still going to be adjusting too much to take advantage of what may or may not be a larger pool of talent.

With the exception of the Patriots, who think they can just throw away players all the time, most of the consistantly competitive teams in the league are the ones who AVOID large turnover at any position.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I am worried about this game because we do have a tendacy to come out flat whenever we have a little bit of time off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                I am worried about this game because we do have a tendacy to come out flat whenever we have a little bit of time off.
                A bit of time off.... Damn you, offseason!

It's true though.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                  Seems that there arent many threads about the team we are facing. Weve had a couple of good analysis by some good posters. Other than that it kinda seems that we are over looking the Rams.

One thing I know about being a Bronco fan. We cant afford to underestimate a team. It's time to get this board fired up. I know I am. I'm goin to the game as I have said many times. It's my first and I'm just plain Jacked Up.

I'm looking for us to be Physical.. That's what I'd like to see. If we let the rams finesse us, it will be a long day. Warren and company has to put the smack down on Stephen Jackson. The defense has got to hit and hit hard.

On offensive......We just need to do what we do. Dominate the ground. I think we should be able to run the ball. I'd like to see a back in there that will punish the defense. I'm fired up :brick: Lets go Broncos :clap:
                  Consider the following....

1) Jake's terrible performances in opening day games in his career (and continued in Denver)

2) STL had the 4th best passing game in the NFL last year

3) Shanny coached teams have struggled in 11:00 start games

4) Shanny coached teams have played poorly in domes

5) Shanny coached teams are only about .500 in road games

6) Our RB situation isn't established yet

7) The HC for STL beat us last year on opening day (as OC for Miami)

Overconfidence is something this team cannot afford to do. Otherwise, it's :wave:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    Seems that there arent many threads about the team we are facing. Weve had a couple of good analysis by some good posters. Other than that it kinda seems that we are over looking the Rams.
                    Seems like the Broncomania I've come to know......Nope. nothing weird here...

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      Consider the following....

1) Jake's terrible performances in opening day games in his career (and continued in Denver)

2) STL had the 4th best passing game in the NFL last year

3) Shanny coached teams have struggled in 11:00 start games

4) Shanny coached teams have played poorly in domes

5) Shanny coached teams are only about .500 in road games

6) Our RB situation isn't established yet

7) The HC for STL beat us last year on opening day (as OC for Miami)

Overconfidence is something this team cannot afford to do. Otherwise, it's :wave:

dang!! we don't stand a chance!!

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

We should win tomorrow but it won't be a easy give away game. We need this game on to road to start the season off with the hard schedule that we have this year.
                        RIP Darrent Williams
                        You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Working...
                        X