Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young D-Linemen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Young D-Linemen

    http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=2171

    This update on Clint Mitchell is great. First we see how great Nick Eason is doing and now we get a great report on Clint Mitchell. Hopefully Reggie Hayward and Bryant McNeal are improving as well. If our young guys continue to develop we will not have to worry about our D-Line for awhile.

  • #2
    I hope you are right. If not the coaches will be issuing out "depends" and "geritol" instead of pads and jerseys in a couple years

    Nuff said...

    Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

    Comment


    • #3
      Nick eason seemed like a real big sleeper last year, he will be good this year, did anyone catch him on the Hey rookie show? it was awsome
      Coming to a stadium near you....



      The Man with the Golden Jockstrap

      LETS GET CLARETT he will be a god one day

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Young D-Linemen

        Originally posted by DPg2003
        http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=2171

        This update on Clint Mitchell is great. First we see how great Nick Eason is doing and now we get a great report on Clint Mitchell. Hopefully Reggie Hayward and Bryant McNeal are improving as well. If our young guys continue to develop we will not have to worry about our D-Line for awhile.
        I really liked mitchell in college. I hope he develops into a contributing player this year.

        His strength and run support will be the big issues.

        Comment


        • #5
          You guys no Mcneil and Eason went to Clemson together, we have like a Dyamnic Duo on are team
          Coming to a stadium near you....



          The Man with the Golden Jockstrap

          LETS GET CLARETT he will be a god one day

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr Portis
            You guys no Mcneil and Eason went to Clemson together, we have like a Dyamnic Duo on are team
            Pryce also went to clemson. And rumor has it we love the washington kid who is coming out this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick him up in the late second round. We have three clemson guys and could have four soon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Plus we can get chester back!



              I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
              ABWRFRC

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mr Portis
                Nick eason seemed like a real big sleeper last year, he will be good this year, did anyone catch him on the Hey rookie show? it was awsome
                Yea I saw that. This guy is a beast in the weight room and he can be a monster on the field once he masters his gap assignments. When he learns how to consistently stop the run and rush the passer with success he will be a huge part of this team for years to come.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re: Young D-Linemen

                  Originally posted by myoung
                  I really liked mitchell in college. I hope he develops into a contributing player this year.

                  His strength and run support will be the big issues.
                  I agree that he needs to work on his strength. He could stand to gain a little muscle if he's going to play LE. And I also agree he needs to work on stopping the run. He seems to over-pursue and take himself out the play. I don't think pass rushing will be a problem though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                    I hope you are right. If not the coaches will be issuing out "depends" and "geritol" instead of pads and jerseys in a couple years

                    Nuff said...
                    I think it's safe to say that won't happen. I don't think Shanny would let us turn into Oakland. We have some great young talent and we are about an influx of some more after this year's Draft.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Our D-Line this year has got some promising young talent on it and there's also a lot of depth...

                      Nick Eason is a sleeper, this year could be a breakout

                      Bryant McNeal should hopefully take his opportunities this year

                      Reggie Hayward...well, 8.5 sacks last season splitting time with Bert. 'Nuff said.

                      Super Mario: Only 26 and he's a good, solid run stopper

                      Dorsett Davis: Massive and demands double teaming bur needs to develop a bit more as a player

                      Monsanto Pope: Good pass rusher but a slightly suspect run stopper. Still a promising young player

                      Clint Mitchell: A strange D-Line frame, but made a good impact in college. I'm looking for a good duel between him and Coleman.
                      sigpic

                      Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                      Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by muse
                        Our D-Line this year has got some promising young talent on it and there's also a lot of depth...

                        Nick Eason is a sleeper, this year could be a breakout

                        Bryant McNeal should hopefully take his opportunities this year

                        Reggie Hayward...well, 8.5 sacks last season splitting time with Bert. 'Nuff said.

                        Super Mario: Only 26 and he's a good, solid run stopper

                        Dorsett Davis: Massive and demands double teaming bur needs to develop a bit more as a player

                        Monsanto Pope: Good pass rusher but a slightly suspect run stopper. Still a promising young player

                        Clint Mitchell: A strange D-Line frame, but made a good impact in college. I'm looking for a good duel between him and Coleman.
                        You are absolutely right. Anyone who thinks our D-Line is going to be sh**ty this year is crazy. We have a promising D-Line. The only thing we need to address is depth at OLB or MLB(depending on what they do with Terry Pierce). I think unless Sam Brandon shows something in camp they should release him and move Willie back to S.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We'll need some LB depth next season since Coyer is planning to do quite a bit of 3-4. The great thing about our D-Line is that it is so easy to rotate. We can easily use Super Mario and Luther Elliss for run stopping, but for pass situations we can just slip in Monsanto Pope and Dorsett Davis and even if the opposition run against our lineman, they can still stop the other pretty well. In the future I think we'll have Super Mario and Nick Eason as the main run stoppers with Dorsett and Monsanto as pass rushers.
                          sigpic

                          Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                          Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DPg2003
                            When he learns how to consistently stop the run and rush the passer with success...
                            lol. What else is there besides stoping the run and rushing the passer?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by broncsx3
                              lol. What else is there besides stoping the run and rushing the passer?
                              Yeah, Waldo deserves more credit than you've given him. On the first game of the preseason which was the first NFL match he had EVER been to he stuffed Stacey Mack for a loss on his first play. I don't think that run stopping is a major issue for him you know.
                              sigpic

                              Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                              Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X