Young D-Linemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncsx3
    lol. What else is there besides stoping the run and rushing the passer?
    That's the point smartass. That's what all DT's need to do, so that's what Eason needs to do to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
      Yeah, Waldo deserves more credit than you've given him. On the first game of the preseason which was the first NFL match he had EVER been to he stuffed Stacey Mack for a loss on his first play. I don't think that run stopping is a major issue for him you know.
      I'm not saying he has a problem doing either. I think he can come in this season and be a huge contributor to the D. I've liked this kid since we drafted him.

Comment

come on now....your talking about stacy mack.
        GIVE IT UP RED

Comment

Stacy Mack isnt that fast.

Comment

i know....i was saying that the stat about him tackling stacy mack isnt that interesting because stacy mack sucks balls.
            GIVE IT UP RED

Comment

Is Stacey Mack a top tier HB, NO. I agree that Stacey Mack sucks. That doesn't matter. The point is that Eason has a lot of potential and with teaching and experience he can become a pretty damn dominant DT.

Comment

Stacey Mack

Doesn't SUCk... I don't even know what you guys are talkign about, but Mack doesn't SUCK. He may not be the best runner in the league by any means, but perhaps your definition of SUCKS means that he isn't a top tier?

Comment

Re: Stacey Mack

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  Doesn't SUCk... I don't even know what you guys are talkign about, but Mack doesn't SUCK. He may not be the best runner in the league by any means, but perhaps your definition of SUCKS means that he isn't a top tier?
                  I'm a little bitter because I drafted him as a sleeper pick for my fantasy team last year and he got beat out by a rookie. When I went to go sign Dominick Davis he was already taken. I think he is an OK HB.

Comment

but

Dominic Davis is a stud..... I really like that kid

Comment

Re: but

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                      Dominic Davis is a stud..... I really like that kid
                      Same here! But just cause im an LSU fan.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                        Is Stacey Mack a top tier HB, NO. I agree that Stacey Mack sucks. That doesn't matter. The point is that Eason has a lot of potential and with teaching and experience he can become a pretty damn dominant DT.

Pretty dominant?? Come one shouldn't we set realistic expectations for the kid.

ESPN insider has an article that rates the top 12 prospects in NFL Europe this year. Galloway is on the list but Eason and Mitchell are not.

When ask about D Line people out here keep bringing up Eason. This kid was out last year with injury. He was a fourth round pick, he was not dominant in college. I think we should consider it a blessing if he can contribute and provide depth for our starters. The org has to be realistic about the grades guys have and what they can do. Currently Eason has a very low grade for skill and potential with several scouting agencies. In fact, many question whether he will make the roster with Ellis, Fata, Holland, Davis, Pope and potential draft choices. I would hope he can develop to the point of contributor but he is our sixth best DT right now. And since no one is sure of a starter at DT it is likely we could draft someone in the first three rounds. Which would put Eason at 7th.

I hope Mitchell can turn into a situational pass rusher. He has the body and speed to do so. Mitchell and McNeal should fight it out for some time this year. Mitchell can be a contributor on third down situations because of his speed. He just has no strength.

I just think we need to be realistic about what we have on the D Line particularly concerning Eason. I don't think we should be talking about dominant at this point. Our young guys have some potential to contribute I don't think any of them have top rate skills or potential. We should expect depth and if we get more great, but they have not shown us that they will be anything more than backups at this point.

Comment

my definition of of a rb that sucks is one that doesnt produce. once again, stacy mack sucks. i do agree that davis is a freakin stud. he was my sleeper last year, soo happy that he panned out right for me, him and westbrook were my two sleepers that were awesome.
                          GIVE IT UP RED

Comment

Working...
                          X