Drafting Jay Cutler ruined it this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting Jay Cutler ruined it this year

I really think that drafting jay cutler was a mistake. Look at what its doing to this team. Plummer is not as confident as last year and is on a short leash to perform. This just adds extra pressure to jake that shouldnt be applied. Jay Cutler is good and all but at this time Jake plummer is the better quarterback. Jake knows that the fans in denver are calling for jay cutler and I say shame on you for betraying jake. How long did it take elway to get us a superbowl victory? Good thing we didnt rush and draft a new franchise qb like we did this year. :brick:

Way to ruin jakes confidence and the chemistry he had going. Yesterday was a pretty horrible game but it could have been worse. I know things will turn around but if you keep putting all this pressure on Jake then things are not going to work out this year. Why put our rookie qb in and risk getting him hurt because our offensive line looked horrible in pass protection yesterday. We will be alright, just leave Jake in there and quit putting all this extra pressure on the guy. Seriously everyone is acting like a bunch of babies and so quick to make depth chart changes. Remember patience is always rewarded and good things come to those who wait.
    sigpic

Might I also add that our offensive line needs to step it up on pass protection.
    sigpic

Comment

Jay needs to develop like carson palmer did! no need to rush it!
      sigpic

Comment

Are you kidding me? You must be sugarcoating Jake's play.

Comment

Originally posted by DbFanInKr
          Are you kidding me? You must be sugarcoating Jake's play.
          It was a horrible game nonetheless but you didnt get my key point. We added extra pressure to Jake that shouldnt be there and he doesnt have the same confidence he had last season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuckeyes
            I really think that drafting jay cutler was a mistake. Look at what its doing to this team. Plummer is not as confident as last year and is on a short leash to perform. This just adds extra pressure to jake that shouldnt be applied. Jay Cutler is good and all but at this time Jake plummer is the better quarterback. Jake knows that the fans in denver are calling for jay cutler and I say shame on you for betraying jake. How long did it take elway to get us a superbowl victory? Good thing we didnt rush and draft a new franchise qb like we did this year. :brick:

Way to ruin jakes confidence and the chemistry he had going. Yesterday was a pretty horrible game but it could have been worse. I know things will turn around but if you keep putting all this pressure on Jake then things are not going to work out this year. Why put our rookie qb in and risk getting him hurt because our offensive line looked horrible in pass protection yesterday. We will be alright, just leave Jake in there and quit putting all this extra pressure on the guy. Seriously everyone is acting like a bunch of babies and so quick to make depth chart changes. Remember patience is always rewarded and good things come to those who wait.
            we drafted cutler to be the future.....if jake cant handle that and play to a high level then he should just step down........most great players tend to step up thier play when a player is drafted in thier position.....not crumble.......if jake is such an emotional wreck by us drafting cutler then he's history

butthis is a good excuse for his play...........(jake) sorry coach i didnt see the saftey, i was watching cutler

and by the way reeves did draft elways replacement....trouble was elway didnt crumble and only stepped up his play....leaving the guy sitting on the bench until traded
            Last edited by Javalon; 09-11-2006, 11:07 AM. Reason: Deleted an insult
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

plummer demonstrated that he has no knowledge of objects and what happens when those objects are put in motion and are exposed to external forces.

Comment

It was a horrible game nonetheless but you didnt get my key point. We added extra pressure to Jake that shouldnt be there and he doesnt have the same confidence he had last season.
                I'll disagree with your premise it total.

Jake could care less that the kid is behind him. He is gonna play how he normally does no one is putting more pressure on Jake than he does put on himself.

Every thing I have read on how Jake is handling the grooming of the kid states that he has been more than helpful.

If that in itself shows he is not concerned about him beating him out of a job.

I think your totally off base on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                  we drafted cutler to be the future.....if jake cant handle that and play to a high level then he should just step down........most great players tend to step up thier play when a player is drafted in thier position.....not crumble.......if jake is such an emotional wreck by us drafting cutler then he's history

butthis is a good excuse for his play...........(jake) sorry coach i didnt see the saftey, i was watching cutler
                  yes I know we drafted him for the future and it adds unnecessary pressure to the starting qb. Especially when fans keep crying for Jay. Now Im all for developing a future qb but this is ridiculous. First game of the season and it already shows. Now only did drafting him hurt plummers confidence, but us the fans have lowered his confidence also. I have no excuses for his play it was horrible, but you cannot blame one man for the teams loss, even if he did have four turnovers. lol
                  Last edited by Javalon; 09-11-2006, 11:08 AM. Reason: Deleted original insult and response
                  sigpic

Comment

We will be alright, just leave Jake in there and quit putting all this extra pressure on the guy.

I bet if he has another game like the one this week the coaches will seriously consider putting Jay Cutler in Week 3. You say everyone bashes Jake well to have 4 turnovers all to yourself 3 INT's and a fumble Jake put the pressure on himself cause Shanny made it clear at the begining of the season that Jake is his guy!!!
                    So thats nonsense that the fans are putting to much pressure on jake. So if he is riding the pine in the next couple of weeks from his performance so be it!! But if he turns it around after this week then great! I'm all for the QB that will produce whether that is Plummer or Cutler. I just one of them will lead us to the promiseland. Go Broncos :dance:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                      I'll disagree with your premise it total.

Jake could care less that the kid is behind him. He is gonna play how he normally does no one is putting more pressure on Jake than he does put on himself.

Every thing I have read on how Jake is handling the grooming of the kid states that he has been more than helpful.

If that in itself shows he is not concerned about him beating him out of a job.

I think your totally off base on this one.
                      Hey everyone has their opinion, maybe he could care less maybe he does care. But I guarantee it that his feelings are hurt by the way fans have been treating him lately. He knows lots of people want cutler in but he is not ready yet. Like I said before adding pressure that doesnt need to be there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyBoy660
                        I bet if he has another game like the one this week the coaches will seriously consider putting Jay Cutler in Week 3. You say everyone bashes Jake well to have 4 turnovers all to yourself 3 INT's and a fumble Jake put the pressure on himself cause Shanny made it clear at the begining of the season that Jake is his guy!!!
                        So thats nonsense that the fans are putting to much pressure on jake. So if he is riding the pine in the next couple of weeks from his performance so be it!! But if he turns it around after this week then great! I'm all for the QB that will produce whether that is Plummer or Cutler. I just one of them will lead us to the promiseland. Go Broncos :dance:

Its not nonsense its true fans have been calling for cutler since draft day and that does add pressure to the situation. Call it what you want but we have a tough schedule ahead of us and we need a qb to step up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone has their opinion, maybe he could care less maybe he does care. But I guarantee it that his feelings are hurt by the way fans have been treating him lately. He knows lots of people want cutler in but he is not ready yet. Like I said before adding pressure that doesnt need to be there.
                          This is nothing new for Jake DEN fans are constantly expecting John to come back on the field at any moment.

Jake could care less about how the fans react, He is his own worst critique. from everything I have heard it rolls off his back.

The one thing you will not hear from him is whining about other players not doing their jobs.

Comment

Drafting Cutler is a mistake? So, to your point, how many position were downgraded from last year?

Comment

boohoo

it's a what have you done for me lately business....look at billy volek and steve mcnair for christ's sake. plummer has it easy compared to them. mcnair straight up traded to baltimore and volek was his backup for 6 years and gets demoted a week before his first start. that is a raw deal. plummer showed that he has no idea what the defense is going to be doing when the ball is snapped. last year, brett favre became what jake plummer to be and jake the snake put on some pocket vision goggles and played well for a year. plummer's 7 ints are looking quite attainable all of a sudden. all signs are leading me to believe that plummer is going to revert back to his old ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X